presently on Crystal Setenity

Caroldoll

They have upgraded the ship so it is elegant. THE service surpasses Oceania in every way although I miss my really wonderful Butler Pritam. They have created another really dining attraction. The fact that you must make reservations is slightly inconvenient. The included liquor is really nice as you don't have to drag out a card. The entertainment and speakers is far and away over the top wonderful and you do not have to wait until 9:30 to enjoy it. Most of all shortened or cancelled and their cruises are not just 10 days as a lot of Oceanias are. They do provide shuttles. The guests seem way friendlier. The suites are much smaller. Nothing in the world is perfect...but there are so many negatives for us on O right now that I feel the future requires reconsideration. No flames, but just my opinion.

Thanks Carole, We are trying Crystal Serenity in 2017 and I will chat with you when you return to get more info. Very nice to see you are enjoying yourselves.

We have 2 on O for 2016 and are always open to new ideas and we had to finally experience Crystal for ourselves.

Off to OZ, S. Pacific and NZ in a few weeks for a month. Have fun!!

Enjoyed your review and glad to hear you are enjoying your cruise...and thank you for confirming that the suites are smaller. For us, that far outweighs the other attractions and why we've never chosen Crystal. (Just our personal choice but we do like our space and comfort, and Crystal offers a smaller suite for a higher price.)

Size does matter! We are fortunate in that we have CP. THAT levels the field. However we got this on a reduced rate time. We have traveled in a smaller suite but when I got noro it got intense. I am sure you can all appreciate that I am not feeling good about O on a cruise where they reduced everything but my category. Not feeling good at this time.

I guess I've missed all these negatives on Oceania.

We all have our choices to make. Glad you are enjoying your cruise.

-!

All you have to do is read the comments and we'll see the negatives (I think "O" has to make some changes to bring it back. I like "O", but I have to tell you we did SilverSeas and it was really nice--I think better than "O". That said you will see me on "O" again because I really like the Owners Suites, and when that's sold out the Oceania Suite is just fine with us.

Rick

Enjoyed your review and glad to hear you are enjoying your cruise...and thank you for confirming that the suites are smaller. For us, that far outweighs the other attractions and why we've never chosen Crystal. (Just our personal choice but we do like our space and comfort, and Crystal offers a smaller suite for a higher price.)

Are you saying the standard cabins on Oceania are larger than the standard cabins on Crystal? They are not. And once you go to the PH level on O, add in drinks and tips, the cost is not that different.

Are you saying the standard cabins on Oceania are larger than the standard cabins on Crystal? They are not. And once you go to the PH level on O, add in drinks and tips, the cost is not that different.

The original statement about size pertained to the Owners Suites in which the OP of this thread always travels. Cost was never spoken of, and as regards size, location, fittings and amenities, the big Suites on Crystal are woefully inadequate as compared to Oceania.

deck_large.jpg

No forward or aft facing accommodations of any kind and vast stretches of standard veranda cabins. Although otherwise attracive, I find their ships to be dreadfully designed from an accomodations point of view.

The original statement about size pertained to the Owners Suites in which the OP of this thread always travels. Cost was never spoken of, and as regards size, location, fittings and amenities, the big Suites on Crystal are woefully inadequate as compared to Oceania.

deck_large.jpg

No forward or aft facing accommodations of any kind and vast stretches of standard veranda cabins. Although otherwise attracive, I find their ships to be dreadfully designed from an accomodations point of view.

No aft cabins either and for us that would be a big loss.

Caroll, The fresh paint you provided to my picture of Crystal were noteworthy

To me it freshens up a even more aloof closed society than I prior thought.

Way too formal and proper....and a bit pretentious like a private St James club.

I don't need a suite or a butler and don't care to have one as I fail to see how my enjoyment of being romantic journey of adventure....... Glad you like that.

I still thrill to the casual, low key ambiance and people I meet every trip..

Size does matter! We are fortunate in that we have CP. THAT levels the field. However we got this on a reduced rate time. We have traveled in a smaller suite but when I got noro it got intense. I am sure you can all appreciate that I am not feeling good about O on a cruise where they reduced everything but my category. Not feeling good at this time.

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying;

You've booked a cruise that Oceania has since lowered the pricing on. The category that you booked, presumably one of the upper suites, no longer has any availability, therefore Oceania has not lowered the pricing on your category, which is always their standard policy in these situations.

If I understand right this is what you are upset with Oceania about?

I've been wanting to try Crystal for years but something keeps holding me back.....Oceania.

I know just what you mean :D

Caroldoll - I am happy for you that you found a cruise line that suits you better.

Perhaps some people will be happy as it may improve their chances of booking an OS on O :D

Edited by Paulchili

Way too formal and proper....and a bit pretentious like a private St James club.

I don't need a suite or a butler and don't care to have one as I fail to see how my enjoyment of being romantic journey of adventure....... Glad you like that.

According to Caroldoll (presently on Crystal Serenity), "They have upgraded the ship so it is elegant. THE service surpasses Oceania in every way although I miss my really wonderful Butler Pritam. They have created another really dining attraction. The fact that you must make reservations is slightly inconvenient. The included liquor is really nice as you don't have to drag out a card. The entertainment and speakers is far and away over the top wonderful and you do not have to wait until 9:30 to enjoy it. Most of all shortened or cancelled and their cruises are not just 10 days as a lot of Oceanias are. They do provide shuttles. The guests seem way friendlier. The suites are much smaller..."

What part of her statement is "Way too formal and proper...and a bit pretentious"??

So far there's only one post here that comes across as aloof and closed and I've quoted it.

And we still have a cruise booked on O. I DO love the aft facing IS and will always do that for a warm weather cruise with sea days. However, I was surprised to find that VERY FEW men wore jackets..also not on the formal optional nights. Just collared shirts. Also we have dining by reservation which is much better than assigned seating. Contrary to another poster..the tables are not close. The food quality is amazing..but no lobster..I miss that. Why do posters on this board not want to hear comprehensive reviews? On O for me..I personally do not like O life and port cancellations and time changes. Does everyone have to walk in lock step here? On my...

And we still have a cruise booked on O. I DO love the aft facing IS and will always do that for a warm weather cruise with sea days. However, I was surprised to find that VERY FEW men wore jackets..also not on the formal optional nights. Just collared shirts. Also we have dining by reservation which is much better than assigned seating. Contrary to another poster..the tables are not close. The food quality is amazing..but no lobster..I miss that. Why do posters on this board not want to hear comprehensive reviews? On O for me..I personally do not like O life and port cancellations and time changes. Does everyone have to walk in lock step here? On my...

Makes you wonder what those thinking of trying out the line feel and how many are turned away by the abundance of agro cheerleaders. Comprehensive reviews are good, but ruffle feathers when not done with kit gloves and rose colored glasses. Which makes reviews that don't read like a press release few and far between.