Wearing Camo

NanaBell

I read this with interest, as we're going to most of the islands mentioned, but don't have any camo, even as a belt or bag....

Quick check, though...just remembered OH's reversible sun hat in a buff shade...Yes, the inside is camo! :eek:

Thanks everyone, I personally don't wear camo myself, but we have a large party going and I just wanted to check so I can bring it to their attention at our next pre cruise get together.

It is not only wearing it you must not carry camo shopping bags etc.

Regards John

Camo seems to be a trending print currently. I've recently seen camo leggings, sweat pants and shirts all made with it. These are available at target, forever 21 and even Nordstroms!

It still looks .... hmmmm....

well, ....it looks s .......hmmmm.....

It's not really fashionable outside of the woods.

Unless it's worn with a ballcap on backwards. Then, it looks VERY smart.

There are a lot of camo T-shirts - not necessarily true hunting/military type camo, but still camo patterned fabric. My husband was an ex-marine - had t-shirts that were just strictly fun ex-Marine type shirts - had one that said "not as lean, not as mean, but always I am an old Marine - always brought laughs and comments.
I had a t-shirt given to me as a birthday gift. It was green camo with hands printed with fingers showing my age and read, "I am this many. Got off the ship on Cozumel and some police ask if I was military. I thought it was hilarious that they thought a 55 year old, over-weight hillbilly was in the military. Maybe they thought that I was a General.:rolleyes:

It still looks .... hmmmm....

well, ....it looks s .......hmmmm.....

It's not really fashionable outside of the woods.

Unless it's worn with a ballcap on backwards. Then, it looks VERY smart.

Actually, it's a statement reflecting the anti-establishment, take our country back, get rid of the immigrants faction. Almost every time I see a photo of a some gun toting activist refusing to acknowledge the laws of the land, he is wearing camo clothing. Not the kind of person I would ever want to be even remotely associated with.

They say "Clothing makes the man". In this case, that is not a good thing.

....the weather is starting to get cooler...the leaves are starting to change.....time to break out the "camo" and head into the woods to feed the family......surrounded by law abiding fellow citizens......but first it is duck season so out in the boat.....I do hope I don't see a sloop cutting across my line of fire.....hate to scratch the judge's sloop.............

I had a t-shirt given to me as a birthday gift. It was green camo with hands printed with fingers showing my age and read, "I am this many. Got off the ship on Cozumel and some police ask if I was military. I thought it was hilarious that they thought a 55 year old, over-weight hillbilly was in the military. Maybe they thought that I was a General.:rolleyes:

Please share the rest of the story.

Did he make you go change out of the camo jersey?

Actually, it's a statement reflecting the anti-establishment, take our country back, get rid of the immigrants faction.

That is one of the most absurd things I have seen posted on these boards. WOW!

My husband is former military, but seldom wears camo anything. If he did, it wouldn't be to express his inner hillbilly as you seem to be implying.

I suppose all of these folks who wear their pants down below their rear ends and some at the knees are also making a statement of the origination of this "fashion trend" and saying they are "open for business" so to speak.

Saying folks wearing camo are anti immigration bigots is as stupid as saying folks who wear their pants low want to be a**r*ped.

That is one of the most absurd things I have seen posted on these boards. WOW!

My husband is former military, but seldom wears camo anything. If he did, it wouldn't be to express his inner hillbilly as you seem to be implying.

I suppose all of these folks who wear their pants down below their rear ends and some at the knees are also making a statement of the origination of this "fashion trend" and saying they are "open for business" so to speak.

Saying folks wearing camo are anti immigration bigots is as stupid as saying folks who wear their pants low want to be a**r*ped.

Seems that a person who has a different opinion than you ends up being the subject of your insults. The poster in question didn't direct their comments towards you or any particular person on this board. But you chose to reply by directing insults towards that specific individual, calling their opinions "stupid". Proves the point about the type of person who approves of this type of clothing. :rolleyes:

My husband is a decorated war veteran with a purple heart to show for his sacrifice to his country. He is dismayed at the types of people who have adopted military camouflage clothing as their "uniform", believing that they insult the true military heroes that have sacrificed so these anarchists can have the freedom to wear such clothing as a statement of their anti government beliefs.

He and I both agree with the poster you accuse of having "stupid" opinions. My husband would never consider wearing such clothing in public. To him, such clothing is associated with war and death, which is not something he will ever glorify so he can make a fashion statement. :rolleyes:

Edited by PTMary

Some of you evidently don't watch the San Diego baseball games. They wear camoflage uniforms at some of their games to HONOR THOSE WHO SERVE IN THE MILITARY AT THE NEARBY BASE !!.

They also have a special section where they have military people in their camoflage uniforms as guests.

I don't think very many resent this HONOR being given to those who serve.

My husband is in the military. When we cruise, he has to report which ports we are stopping in. Prior to our last two cruises, he was specifically informed that no one in our group should wear camouflage when out of the country and not to use our military ID's for identification. I never really gave this a thought prior to this. Our daughters (ages 13 & 18) have several camouflage type T-shirts.