Yes or no. Do you like the new "evening chic" dress code?

A Sixth?

"evening chic" yes or no....  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. "evening chic" yes or no....

• Yes, a move forward
    • No, hate the idea.
    • Don't care

You will have to excuse my ignorance but what is a "a wife beater" shirt. I have been a member of Cruise Critic for 8 years and have seen it mentioned quite a few times. I believe it must be an American terminology as I am not aware of it in the UK. I'm pretty sure I don't own one lol! and will continue to wear my Dinner Suit at Evening Chic nights. Too much going on in the World to let myself be bothered if someone is wearing jeans.

Do a Google image search.

Phil

May I please see a picture of the afore mentioned young lady so I can accurately make a yay/nay judgement. :p:p:o

Here she is: Would you let her in (I wouldn't mind her sharing my table):D

2015-summer-style-white-sleeveless-shirt-and-shorts-sets-tank-top-pants-suits-sets-stripe-short.jpg.80f2e01b22465124b735dc53c06a6009.jpg

Edited by Colin B

You will have to excuse my ignorance but what is a "a wife beater" shirt. I have been a member of Cruise Critic for 8 years and have seen it mentioned quite a few times. I believe it must be an American terminology as I am not aware of it in the UK. I'm pretty sure I don't own one lol! and will continue to wear my Dinner Suit at Evening Chic nights. Too much going on in the World to let myself be bothered if someone is wearing jeans.

I had to google too .... Basically a singlet or vest as known in the UK 5a896fc4d3c2635a22a31617079f8bef.jpg38d680cc293b08f3d2a364956d233367.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt we will see any examples in the MDR .... HARDLY ELEGANT ... OR CHIC. [emoji38]

Thanks for the link. I had a feeling it might be this or the stringed variety. I think the day that we do see this sort of attire in the MDR will prove that Celebrity has finally lost the plot.

I doubt we will see any examples in the MDR .... HARDLY ELEGANT ... OR CHIC. [emoji38]

Are you a betting man :) if I was you would not put odds on your post not happening as I am sure it will happen. :o

Watch this space :D

96b799183b37e7bd73684b7a20b5f879.jpg

As worn by 'Onslow' (the late great Geoffrey Hughes ) in the series ....Keeping up Appearances ...

:D :D :D

Funnily enough I think Hyacinth is already posting on this very thread! ;)

Did you ever see the episode 'Sea Fever', where they all sail on the QE2? From 7.30 onwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNkpqqMQ6FQ

Edited by Mynki

:D :D :D

Funnily enough I think Hyacinth is already posting on this very thread! ;)

Did you ever see the episode 'Sea Fever', where they all sail on the QE2? From 7.30 onwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNkpqqMQ6FQ

In our paper today Telegraph

Keeping Up Appearances set to return as Young Hyacinth

BBC in talks to remake classic sitcom, with new version expected to chart the teenage travails of Hyacinth Bucket, (sorry, Bouquet)

Hyacinth Bucket on 'Keeping up Appearances' (played by Patricia Routledge, pictured with Clive Swift) always pronounces her surname 'Bouquet'

Patricia Routledge is unlikely to feature in the remake, sources said Photo:

By Patrick Foster, Media Correspondent6:08PM GMT 16 Nov 2015

Hyacinth Bucket, the standard bearer of British middle class snobbery, is to return to the BBC after 20 years, in a new version of Keeping Up Appearances.

The classic sitcom is being resurrected as part of a celebration of the corporation’s most popular comedies that is due to air next year. Other programmes being considered for revival include Porridge, The Good Life, Are You Being Served? and Up Pompeii!

The new version of Keeping Up Appearances has the working title Young Hyacinth, and follows the character as a 19-year-old. Sources close to the show said that Patricia Routledge, whose social climbing Hyacinth insisted her surname should be pronounced “bouquet”, is unlikely to return.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/11999379/Keeping-Up-Appearances-set-to-return-as-Young-Hyacinth.html

Edited by snowyboy

I believe this is what some are expecting on Evening Chic night

ImageUploadedByForums1447764690.773300.jpg.1184b85b29d70714fa86228acd17b806.jpg

While I don't actually own any, Wranglers are the 2nd most popular brand of jeans on the planet Earth in terms of sales. They fall behind Levis, which are in first place.

http://top101news.com/2015-2016-2017-2018/news/products/best-selling-jeans-brands-world-usa/

As long as everyone is so concerned about luggage weight, the wife beater, or tank top t-shirt will be popular. There are no sleeves or collar to add extra weight. The same holds true for Speedos and flip flops. ;)

Hmm, the things I didn't know, I still don't believe that you'll see this type of clothing popping up in any large numbers on Celebrity any time soon.

Oh, & we travel with carry ons & backpacks :eek: & still manage to look reasonably fashionable it's very doable, if someone wants to make the effort. :)

Well, some of us are from Texas. And, I do own Wranglers. What exactly are you asking? :)

No offense intended, :) the name makes me picture a tall cowboy on a horse about to lasso something... stereotype I know :)

I"m from L.A, & yesterday it was freezing, (65 F) so we all pulled out our sweaters & scarves but still wore our rainbow sandals, so I guess some stereotypes are true :)

enjoy the waffles:)

I am not sure if I will pack DH's Wranglers or Levi's! Definitely will pack the belt with brass Mac Tool buckle, long sleeve denim Hard Rock shirt, Teva's with white Snap On socks. This will complete his Casual Chic attire! We will have to purchase a red bandana! I will also have to go to Walmat and purchase some printed boxer shots so they will show when he pulls the jeans down on his hips. These are all designer items!!!!! Designer is in the eyes of the beholder. Hopefully Celebrity will think about this! I would like to know what Celebrity considers designer jean?

Love that show! We have the series on disk.

Lol

Omigosh! One of my all time favorite Britcoms. I have seen some episodes several times and I still laugh...especially when Hyacinth goes to visit Onslow and Daisy and the big dog in the car barks and Hyacinth falls into the hedge...too funny!!! :D

Bought my new top to go with my jeans for Evening chic. Problem is it's too hot for me in the Caribbean to even think about wearing jeans. Now I have to find something to go with the top but I hate pants and don't own any except for jeans and very-very casual or workout pants. So I guess I have to look for a skirt. If I get a skirt then I'll need new shoes. Of course I need a purse to match the shoes. Haven't even given jewelry a thought. Thanks Celebrity, you've certainly given falling retail sales a boost with Evening Chic. :D

Life was easier when I just had to grab 2 gowns & accessories from my collection and go. But I'm retired so shopping will give me something to do this winter. LOL

Someone didn't think this through at Celebrity/RCL.

A prediction, come the spring/summer ship re-deployments, the dress code will revert back to something closer to what it has been

The chances of that are slim and none and Slim just left town.

Why in heavens name would they reverse a policy that a large majority either like or are neutral on? And what would you revert to? The ability to wear formal wear? Oh wait, you still have that ability.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app