Anyone else Caribbean'd out?

srlafleur

Many folks get into a travel rut and go to the same places year after year. Many folks cruise on the same cruise line year after year. And lots of these folks eventually get bored or just sick of it! There are nearly 200 countries in the world, about 250 cruise ships and dozens of cruise lines. Getting bored or tired of travel is simply folly and folks have only themselves to blame.

DW and moi have been on more then 60 ships, 14 cruise lines, 100+ cruises, etc etc. And after all that time we still take an annual 14 day Caribbean cruise although we also cruise all over the world. Cruises go to all 7 Continents (we have only cruised to 6) which gives plenty of options. As a result, we have never tired of the Caribbean and actually find it a wonderful respite from our more adventurous travel. But if all we did was go to the Caribbean I suppose it might get somewhat boring. Variety makes it all fun.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We kind of go back and forth on this issue. We've been to the Caribbean a lot, we've done the Med 3 times and also a river cruise on the Rhine. When we get tired of the Caribbean, we go somewhere else for a while, either on land or sea. Right now I'm doing eldercare and that has me more tied down than normal, so we need to vacation close enough to home that I can fly home in a day or less in an emergency. When I'm no longer tied down with eldercare, I'll be back to my completely footloose and fancy free way of traveling all over the globe.

So yes, we do get tired of the Caribbean at times and then we travel elsewhere for a while and later on, come back to the Caribbean, and so on.

Who let the dogs out.

We have cruised the Caribbean several times but have always mixed it with world wide cruises, land tours and enjoying our own beautiful and historical land.

We like the fact now that when we go on a Caribbean itinerary now we will do or see something we have not done before at a couple of islands, enjoy a drink and a meal at another and also perhaps enjoy an empty boat at one of the islands we have seen several times.

It is easy be lazy about making the most of Caribbean ports. People will visit the obvious sight, do the obvious trip and then declare of an island that they have 'done it'. If you see Caribbean Islands as the diamond shop ports you will quickly become 'Caribbean'd out'. If you put in a little homework lots of the islands have loads of different things to offer from quiet beaches to authentic local dining to more adventurous boat trips or helicopter rides!

After cruising the Caribbean earlier this year our next cruise destinations are from Australia, Europe and Asia but we will then be ready for another Caribbean break with its beautiful beaches, wonderful weather, quaint ports and unique historical and natural wonders.

Caribbean'd out, no never!

We tired of the Caribbean after several cruises there.

We then took others such as Bermuda and Alaska before we then started to go other places from Europe to Asia to Australia and New Zealand.

There is also New England/Canada.

So much out there.

Keith

I know, for many people, someone says "cruise" and they think "Caribbean". And they go over and over and over again, quite happily. More power to them.

For hubby and me, we're done with the Caribbean. We've enjoyed Eastern, Western, Southern, Texaribbean, Panama Canal, Bahamas & a repositioning from San Juan to Miami. Yes, we enjoyed them all. But now? Been there, done that.

Are we the only ones who feel this way?

(We've done several in Europe, and would happily do more, plus Hawaii, Alaska, Canada & Norway, and have Japan booked for next summer, so we're definitley not done with cruising:D)

We are like you. We go to the Caribbean to escape, but it is certainly not a go to cruise destination for us any longer. We are starting to limit cruises to Europe. We have even given up cruising AK, opting instead for two week land vacations there. Much more to see than the few SE AK cruise ports.

We have been to the Caribbean four different times going from Fla and Tx.

The wife and I both agree we do not want to go back. Now, Alaska, I could go every year if there wasn't so many other places we want to visit.

Bob

We went to the Caribbean 10 years ago, seeing around 10 ports, and I'd no interest in ever returning.

However, we needed somewhere for a winter break, and a round trip to the Caribbean and back, from the UK seemed sensible. My OH enjoys swimming and snorkelling, so he will enjoy the 8 islands; I will enjoy the transatlantic crossings and especially the Azores, which is a new island to explore. Apart from that, and Madeira, which is always interesting, on the way out, I'll spend much of the time on board, out of the sun.

We go in the dead of winter.

Caribbean is a fine place to be instead of freezing your yingyang off.

Exactly!

We have been on 25 cruises including 15 that have included the Caribbean. We have been on three land vacations to the Caribbean including one to Aruba last month. We no doubt never would have gone to Aruba if it had not been for cruising.

I do not want to take another full New England winta!;) We leave later this month for a two month trip to Florida which includes a Southern Caribbean cruise. We especially look forward to two new ports for us, St. Kitts and Antigua.

I am now looking ahead to book something for the cold weather months of 2017 and it will no doubt be in the Caribbean.

Breaking up the winter and spending a week or two in the Caribbean, enjoying the warmth and beautiful beaches is something we have been doing for more than thirty years. Whether land based or cruise (I prefer the cruises myself), it just doesn't get old for us.

The only sad thing is knowing that the time will come when we might not able to travel. Until then we will continue to enjoy every port we arrive at.

Happy sailing &

I wish everyone a safe and happy holidays

We have been cruising for over 25 yrs and have been all over the world. We have enjoyed every cruise we have been on, some more than others, but all offered something wonderful and exciting, including all our Caribbean cruises. As several posters stated when you live in the northeast any place that offers sun and warmth is a very appealing destination during the winter months. We still love our Caribbean cruises even though we have been to almost all the ports many times. What has changed for us is how we view our cruises. It used to be that the ports were the draw but now we consider the ship our destination and the ports a bonus. If we like a port we get off the ship and enjoy the our day on land. If we don't care for the port (Nassau) we stay on the empty ship and grab some prime real estate pool loungers and sip our drinks. We also travel with about 8 to 10 other friends so we use the ship as an opportunity to reconnect and enjoy each others company. We are on a b2b in 4 weeks and we are counting the minutes until embarkation!