RC Docs Received! Is this the new norm?

goneclear

We will be sailing at the end of April 2016, 129 days from today to be exact and my Travel Agent emailed me my Travel Documents from RCI.

To me this is the first time Documents have arrived this early and are usually ready around 45 days out.

Is this something new and and is everyone now receiving documents this early?

We will be sailing at the end of April 2016, 129 days from today to be exact and my Travel Agent emailed me my Travel Documents from RCI.

To me this is the first time Documents have arrived this early and are usually ready around 45 days out.

This is the first time I've heard this. We just got off Vision a couple of weeks ago and we got our docs at 49 days which has always been our experience. Are the docs complete (luggage tags, etc)?

Check to see if these docs are the same as you have under your reservation when you login to your account. It could be something different than the docs people are used to.

This is the first time I've heard this. We just got off Vision a couple of weeks ago and we got our docs at 49 days which has always been our experience. Are the docs complete (luggage tags, etc)?

Same here (49 days) with our current Brilliance cruise. However, I have received edocs earlier than 49 days when in a group booking.

Yes everything is correct. luggage tags on last page, everything I ordered through cruise planner is there.

I agree, I am accustom to receiving them around 45 days out give or take a day or two but never this early so thought I would ask.

Thanks.

Check to see if these docs are the same as you have under your reservation when you login to your account. It could be something different than the docs people are used to.

Thanks. Checked and yes they are the same. Status now shows issued. Res # everything correct.

Decided to check if on-line check in was also available but that still says not available till 90 days before cruise date which is normal.

We have a group sailing in April and haven't received them from our travel agent yet.....were you fully paid, I know no one in our group is yet....but boy this does seem really early to receive them....

Yes fully paid. You may be correct and that may be the difference. First time I have paid off so far before final payment is due. I did so because I was comfortable that prices were increasing. My stateroom is now priced at just over $600 more than what I paid.

Yes fully paid. You may be correct and that may be the difference. First time I have paid off so far before final payment is due. I did so because I was comfortable that prices were increasing. My stateroom is now priced at just over $600 more than what I paid.

Interesting, I cruise a few days after you and am fully paid (against my will ;) ) I didn't use a TA though and I haven't begun the sign in process yet.

Bill if I have all my information, including Credit Card then I will do my Online Check In right away, but then I am known for doing things way in advance.:D. We have been in a Group booking only once so can't recall if we got all our information early. Since I print out our Set Sail Pas & Tags, our TA knows this so doesn't do it for us.

We have a cruise on Radiance starting April 20 and we can't even complete the online check in, we get this "Online Check-in will be available 90 days prior to your sail date. Please try again during that time."

This just falls in line with the motto of Royal's IT Department

"We strive to be consistently inconsistent" :p :D

Never had them e-mailed to me, but I have been able to print docs as well as luggage tags from the cruise line's website within a day or two after booking when we paid in full at time of booking.

We have a cruise on Radiance starting April 20 and we can't even complete the online check in, we get this "Online Check-in will be available 90 days prior to your sail date. Please try again during that time."

This just falls in line with the motto of Royal's IT Department

"We strive to be consistently inconsistent" :p :D

You may be getting that message if you have not paid in full yet. If you have, then you should be able to check-in. I've never gotten that message when we're all paid up. I'm getting it now because we have a cruise booked on FOS in September and we elected to only pay a deposit this time.

Edited by Terre

Im 52 days away, been fully paid and my set sail info has been filled out for months. Still no cruise docs yet. I was thinking closer to 45 days maybe but someone on my rollcall got theirs weeks ago. Maybe it means they are giving you an upgrade ;)

Why don't go back into your booking on RCI's website, I bet you are able to print your boarding passes and luggage tags if you are fully paid. When we booked our FOS cruise this past September, we paid in full at time of booking and within a couple of days, I could print everything.

Edited by Terre

We're booked on the Anthem on January 15th 2016 through Costco Travel and hadn't received our e-docs. After two phone calls to Costco who called RCI we were told that RCI doesn't send the e-docs to them anymore. Now, that's not to say that RCI or other Travel Agencies have followed in their steps. I was told it's something that's relatively new. I asked why as we're D+ members and have always received them 30-45 days prior. All that Costco Travel said is that it's a way to save some time to not have to email them to their clients while the "new" norm is to obtain your e-docs by going to the RCI websight and follow these steps: Go to the RC Home screen, scroll to the bottom, look for Countdown to Cruise, then Cruise Documentation, then Guest Vacation Documents, You can either Check Status or Print them.

The other way if you're a Costco member is to pay them $35.00 and they'll do that for you and send them by US mail. (I think not)!

One more point that I'd like to make about printing your own e-docs is that you're looking at printing 20 pages using tri-color ink. Now if you don't mind using the paper and tri-color ink especially where you may want to have your luggage tags in color then that's the thing to do. But you'll also note that with the e-docs there isn't a separate page that you can check off the individual pages to only print. That was the old e-docs, now you have no choice other than to print all 20 pages. (maybe you can use the computer at work?)

Congratulations Robert! You might be the earliest ever. :p We sail in mid-February and ours haven't been issued yet. :)

One more point that I'd like to make about printing your own e-docs is that you're looking at printing 20 pages using tri-color ink. Now if you don't mind using the paper and tri-color ink especially where you may want to have your luggage tags in color then that's the thing to do. But you'll also note that with the e-docs there isn't a separate page that you can check off the individual pages to only print. That was the old e-docs, now you have no choice other than to print all 20 pages. (maybe you can use the computer at work?)

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone, but I use the printer at work. It's a laser printer. ;)

We're booked on the Anthem on January 15th 2016 through Costco Travel and hadn't received our e-docs. After two phone calls to Costco who called RCI we were told that RCI doesn't send the e-docs to them anymore. Now, that's not to say that RCI or other Travel Agencies have followed in their steps. I was told it's something that's relatively new. I asked why as we're D+ members and have always received them 30-45 days prior. All that Costco Travel said is that it's a way to save some time to not have to email them to their clients while the "new" norm is to obtain your e-docs by going to the RCI websight and follow these steps: Go to the RC Home screen, scroll to the bottom, look for Countdown to Cruise, then Cruise Documentation, then Guest Vacation Documents, You can either Check Status or Print them.

The other way if you're a Costco member is to pay them $35.00 and they'll do that for you and send them by US mail. (I think not)!

The only email that you get these days is a notification to go to the RC website and access your own docs.

No edocs are "emailed" to you. You are simply granted access to them through the website.

The email with the docs link I received also offers a link to your Docs in PDF printer friendly format which you can identify individual pages you want to print. I printed page 3 Cruise summary, Page 15 Charge account and page 8 onboard confirmations And several copies of the luggage tags on the last page.

The only email that you get these days is a notification to go to the RC website and access your own docs.

No edocs are "emailed" to you. You are simply granted access to them through the website.

I guess you are speaking for Costco travel or if you book through Royal Caribbean direct.

I received my edocs from my TA together with a link to print them in printer friendly PDF format. Accessed it directly from the email link without logging on to my RCL account.

From the anecdotal evidence so far, you are the exception as far as timing and your TA is nice to offer such a service.

Thanks. Yes she is great. She was also surprised to receive them so early.

Here is a cut and paste of her email.

Hi Robert

Was surprised to get this already. They are on the ball!! Let me know if you have any problems accessing.

Merry Christmas to Cindi & yourself and all the family, and best wishes for a happy & healthy 2016.

Regards,

Deborah