miami airport to miami port question..

wolfatlga

Greetings,

We got a really good price on Delta and arrive in Miami at one o'clock. The Enchantment of the Seas docs says it leaves at 4 pm. Does anyone one know when the last boarding time is?

I have heard it is only about 15 minutes taxi to the docks.

Hoping I made the right call, so looking for reassurance and also buying travel insurance, just in case.

Thanks,

Roy

Greetings,

We got a really good price on Delta and arrive in Miami at one o'clock. The Enchantment of the Seas docs says it leaves at 4 pm. Does anyone one know when the last boarding time is?

I have heard it is only about 15 minutes taxi to the docks.

Hoping I made the right call, so looking for reassurance and also buying travel insurance, just in case.

Thanks,

Roy

You have to be checked-in at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure.

It's not a long taxi ride, but you have very little margin for delay. I would seriously look for an earlier flight.

Check RCCL's sea/air if it is a flight they are offering you are probably safe but that is a little late in the day.

Also, although a taxi out of Miami is quicker and cheaper, check into the transfer offered thru Royal if they are willing to sell it to you on that flight it means bus's are still running that late too.

it's a flat rate using taxis to the port. They cost $27 not including tip. The trip seems quicker than 15 minutes but that may be just me watching the scenery and not the clock. Boarding starts anywhere from 11-11:30 am. I've seen people still boarding while standing at the muster drill. I wouldn't want to land in Miami any later than 1:45 pm.

Hoping I made the right call, so looking for reassurance...

Sorry, put me in the group that cannot give you reassurance. I would never cut it that close, regardless of potential savings.

If you can do your cruise with only carry-ons, that will buy you some time.

That's all I got. :p

You should be fine with no delays.. personally I wouldn't' cut it that close, but that's just me. Depending if you have to claim luggage, it could be up to 45 mins to an hour before you are ready to leave the airport.

27 Dollar cab fare to the pier, and it only takes about 10 minutes, so again, you should be fine if there are no delays.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Are you checking bags? I just saw someone on another forum saying it took almost one hour for their bags to make it to baggage claim at MIA. I think you are cutting it way too close regardless.

Edited by Mistizoom

Don't do it. You need to arrive 90 minutes before the ship leaves. But worse yet is flyers mg in the day of ththe cruise and so late. There are so many things that could go wrong causing ax flight delay or cancellations. No way would I do this.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

sounds like you booked already so unless you can change the flight

I would only take carry-on when you land do not waste time just grab a taxi to the port & cross everything that you make it

good luck

If all goes smoothly you will make. But there is no room for a slight delay in travel. You did not say when you are cruising, or flying in non stop or have connections. If you have connections, the earlier you arrive the safer you are. During winter months I would never fly with connections. Too much of a chance for delays or missed connections. In the summer months the unpredictable Florida weather can cause delays.

It is really crazy to fly in at 1:00 pm for a cruise leaving at 4:30.

The problem is more often than not things go wrong. Not checking in luggage does not impact you from missing the ship if dalays or cancellations happen and they do for many reasons.

Don't do it.

Keith

You did not say when you are cruising, or flying in non stop or have connections.

It appears to be in May. Trust me, I've worked air traffic on the east coast of Florida and the chances of a thunderstorm or two delaying the flight are real. I would never chance it.

It appears to be in May. Trust me, I've worked air traffic on the east coast of Florida and the chances of a thunderstorm or two delaying the flight are real. I would never chance it.

Add to the list

Mechanical issue

Airplane Computer Glitch

Airline Computer Glitch

FAA Computer Glitch.

Airplane Security Breach

Airport Security Breach

FAS Shut Down

Insufficient Flight Personnel

Medical Emergency

And several more items.

Keith

I fly Delta frequently. Having been to Miami multiple times on Delta I have to warn you it takes up to 25-30 minutes for bags to reach baggage claim from the plane. I don't know why Delta's baggage claim is so slow. You will be cutting it close on getting to the ship as you would need to be onboard by 2:30pm.

With a 1pm arrival it can take you 40 minutes from the plane to having your bags in hand and in a taxi to the port. The taxi ride would be about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. That would put you at the terminal right around 2pm or a little after. That leaves you no room for error, one excessive delay anywhere in your traveling to Miami and you could miss the ship.

Edited by Eng23