Low member roll call blues

chrissyprincess

For some reason our roll call for the February 6th, 2015 Carnival Triumph only has 9 members. Has this happened often or is there something I'm missing?

How can I increase involvement in the roll call?

Roll calls popularity really depend on the itinerary and timing, the longer cruises that have different itineraries draw more people to the roll call, the shorter regular ones do not as people have been and done them often.

My advice is start a conversation to make the roll call more personal such as 'About us' and talk about how many cruises and which lines/ships, your family situation, what you are interested in most on the ship or in the ports, etc and such things may activate a busier roll call.

Another option is go to FB and see if they have a roll call there and then try and recruit members.:D

The majority of cruisers have never heard of Cruise Critic....that's why you can have a full ship, and few on the roll call....OR...folks just don't want to be part of the group...no matter...it's a vacation..have a great time!

We have obviously (over 20,000 posts) heard of CC but now rarely participate in Roll Calls. Why? At one time they were a great place to communicate with other cruisers and perhaps agree to a Meet and Greet, talk about the ports, plan a private tour, etc. But then many roll calls started to deteriorate into dozens of posts about name tags, skits, slot pulls, "my cat is sick," etc. While this stuff may interest some folks, many others have no interest in that kind of stuff. While we are not big fans of the word "dumb" we do think that what is discussed on many Roll Calls is simply dumb.

Hank

Yes. You all are right. I did find a fb goup with 80 members (closed, pending acceptance). I was hoping to use roll call to help pass the time while waiting for my cruise.

Thanks all!

Well there's your answer.

Cruise Critic prohibits mentioning on the roll call pages that a Facebook group has been started for that particular cruise.

Now that you know where everyone is, this thread will shorty go *poof*

Enjoy your cruise which I presume is next month, not last year :D

Edited by fishywood

Try and organize some on board Cruise Critic events. See if people on your roll call are interested in doing a Slot Pull.

Participating couples put up $20 for four pulls on the slot machine of your choice. After everyone has had a chance split the proceeds or keep rolling for the Jackpot.

Keep a running list of everyone who want to take part. Pick a day, the first sea day, morning for example.

Ask your fellow travelers what plans they have for the ports on your cruise.

A Cabin Crawl is another fun event. Once you start getting some posts others will join your roll call.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

Yes. You all are right. I did find a fb goup with 80 members (closed, pending acceptance). I was hoping to use roll call to help pass the time while waiting for my cruise.

Thanks all!

Good luck, hope you get more roll call members to liven it up a bit.:D

I have enjoyed the roll call function @ Cruise Critic. Great way to build up the excitement of a cruise. Our July cruise on Valor has no activity, zip. I am the only one who has posted on it!

I read CC's policy regarding Roll Calls and have to disagree with them. Other websites are more interactive and "live". I feel there is room for both.

You never can tell how activate or how many members there will be on a Roll Call.

The number of people on a cruise who belong to CC is very, very small.

When I used to join in the Roll Calls, on a Hawaiian cruise there was only 1 other couple besides us on the Roll Call. We still met and got to know each and exchange information.

For some reason our roll call for the February 6th, 2015 Carnival Triumph only has 9 members. Has this happened often or is there something I'm missing?

For a cruise that left almost a year ago?

fb killed cc roll calls. period. so sad. I don't do fb, met most of my BF's on CC roll calls. so I'm not sure what the attraction is, except for CC I have no access to social media at work, and when I get home, I don't want to be on the computer except to chat with anything but. so sometimes I am the only one on a cc roll call. sad, but I still have a great cruise!

Are you still allowed to post tour share requests on roll calls. If so that would be my suggestion. There may be last minute joiners looking for excursions.

Are you still allowed to post tour share requests on roll calls. If so that would be my suggestion. There may be last minute joiners looking for excursions.

Yes, that's one of the purposes of roll calls - to find others who might be interested in private excursion (smaller) groups.