Royal Caribbean Stock

Reality is catching up with the investors who over-hyped it and it is also dropping in line with the rest of the market. The executives who cashed out at $100/share look like geniuses now - or like crooks to the folks with a conspiracy bent.

i had this stock since 2008 era. This is when the stock drop to 5 dollars a share. I bought the stocks at that time and it shoot right back up. All stock have a month or so that go down drop like flies but it will regain afterward.

Also it tax season times, so i think they are cashing the money for income tax return. But i would nt drop out because they pay for your dividend that you can roll over.

What is happening to Royal Caribbean Stock??

Look at the charts from the DOW, NASDAQ, and S&P for the past three months. They're almost identical to RCL's.

Edited by Big_G

What is happening to Royal Caribbean Stock??

Do you really think Wall Street has any sense?

For instance, Ford announced a profitable 4th quarter, and that meant one of the most profitable years, ever.

And 50 min after the opening bell, the stock went from $12.06 to $11.20.

Great news for the company lead to a drop in share price. Makes no sense to me.

Do you really think Wall Street has any sense?

For instance, Ford announced a profitable 4th quarter, and that meant one of the most profitable years, ever.

And 50 min after the opening bell, the stock went from $12.06 to $11.20.

Great news for the company lead to a drop in share price. Makes no sense to me.

Current quarter profits are nice but the market looks at future earnings.

The market is also fueled by emotion.

Current quarter profits are nice but the market looks at future earnings.

The market is also fueled by emotion.

And even with that info, the reaction makes no sense. Making bigger profits than most companies have revenues for many consecutive quarters.

With oil prices down, the projection of car sales is going up, as it was this past year.

Somehow, that's a bad emotion or something?

This happens every time good news comes out.

And even with that info, the reaction makes no sense. Making bigger profits than most companies have revenues for many consecutive quarters.

With oil prices down, the projection of car sales is going up, as it was this past year.

Buy the rumor, sell the news.

Many folks bought RCL simply for the stock ownership OBC. That has now become virtually meaningless since it cannot be combined with most promotions.

I also remember many threads beginning with "How do I buy RCL stock?" You should never buy any stock without knowing market basics.

When people have more money to spend, they don't buy Fords;)

I just read an article that is blaming the Zika virus as several companies are allowing pregnant families to either cancel at no charge or postpone their trips

Its ZIKA!

See link, this is only one of many I have seen come across my desk.

http://investorplace.com/2016/01/cruise-zika-ccl-stock-rcl-stock/#.VqrMNfFkZLM

I've managed to recoup my initial investment of $800 (in 2008) by getting the OBC for interior cabins plus the dividends. Now that I hardly get the OBC because of all the promos, I don't care because the dividends have tripled and I've recouped my investment anyway.

Sold mine last year for more than double what I had initially paid for it. Just re bought 100 shares this morning at $78. Closed today at almost $82.

The stock has been following the wild ride that the markets in general have seen and should rebound to its $100 plus trading level.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought in at $25 several years ago and have enjoyed watching it quadruple. But now a bit concerned it has dropped to $66.

The whole cruise industry is going to be affected by Zika. CDC just declared Level 1 emergency. Guessing there will be a whole lot less people who are going to be traveling to the Caribbean.

Stocks in general are down this year, so I'm going to not panic and try to avoid jumping ship. But is there a point at which long term investors would consider bailing?