Forum :General Cruise Questions

MCC retired

Would it not eliminate most of the question redirects if CC added the word "General" to the Forum name ?

It now states general cruise questions in lower case as a forum description which many never notice?

Hi there

Most people who are new to this website and do have a question they hope to be answered will naturally go to the "Forums" link. Once they do the first thing you see is "ask a cruise question" or "first time cruiser". If they don't think to take the time to examine the site any further, it would be just natural to "just ask a cruise question" without knowing that there may be a thread that would more specifically help them. I believe that is why the rest of the website community will usually help them. They make suggestions where they can find the answer, some helpful people even providing links and sometimes the moderators will just move the question.

The more they frequent these boards, the less likely they are to ask questions in an inappropriate place.

I am sure the people who set up the website could tweak it a bit but overall it works pretty well (I think)

Would it not eliminate most of the question redirects if CC added the word "General" to the Forum name ?

It now states general cruise questions in lower case as a forum description which many never notice?

You could send the suggestion to admin see the "contact us" link at the bottom

Sometimes they are receptive to suggestions ;)

I think there are times the 'redirection of question' is arbitrary.

Often the answer to the question is so obvious, it is quick and easy to simply respond to the poster.

I think people sometimes jump all over the OP to go elsewhere too quickly and too often.

JMO ....

Guest maddycat
I think there are times the 'redirection of question' is arbitrary.

Often the answer to the question is so obvious, it is quick and easy to simply respond to the poster.

I think people sometimes jump all over the OP to go elsewhere too quickly and too often.

JMO ....

I think that if a poster has a cruise line specific question then that poster should be directed to the cruise line's board. Most new cc posters do not realize that there are boards for each cruise line and that they can get very useful information by reading and posting on those boards.