royal princess disembark port everglades

purplejrw

I believe Princess says to make your flights after 11:30 AM to be safe. Next time, consult with the cruise line before booking your flight. I would consider this extremely risky and have a very low chance of making it. For a 9:30 flight, you'd need to check in at 7:30, and that's about when disembarkation begins. Then, you'd have to catch a taxi and race to the airport. Try to change your flight.

We disembarked the Royal Princess on Feb 15. I have the disembarkation schedule in front of me. The express walk-off groups were scheduled at 6:20, 6:30, 6:40 and 6:50 If those are the same time as yours, and if they are running on schedule, you should make it. Otherwise.........

You need to be at the airport by 9:00. Part of the issue is getting through immigration and customs. If there are several ships in port, then the line can get pretty long. I would only do this if the following factors were in my favor:

- I could carry off my luggage

- I knew there were less than 3 large ships in port

- I had Global Entry

- I had a car arranged

- I was feeling flexible enough to know that if I did not make my flight, I was willing to happily be rebooked

- I knew that I could manage the stresses of expedited self-disembarkation.

I have a 10:50 flight out of FLL and only carry-on luggage, and I also possess Global Entry/ TSA Precheck. I will still jockey for self-disembarkation so that I am at the airport in plenty of time.

The good news is that the FLL airport is around a mile and a half (as a crow flies) from the cruise port.

We always walk off and are usually off the ship shortly after 7 am. Taxis are right outside the terminal and the airport is only about 15-20 minutes away.

If your ship arrives at 6am then walk off "should" begin at about 7am give or take a few minutes. You "should" be able to get off the ship, through immigration and customs and to the curb in about 15 -20 minutes. Therefore, in the perfect world, you should be able to get from the ship to the curb at the Airport about 30 - 45 minutes after the ship has been cleared.

The real questions is - can you check in and get through airport security relatively quickly?

If you are experienced travelers, traveling with very little carry on luggage, do not require special assistance, and do not mind possibly needing to jog/run to your gate then you should be fine.

Booked it first...now worried?

Docking at 6 doesn't mean getting off at 6:05...

I would also be changing that flight. If you look over on the Forida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will see many threads on the topic, and the common recommendation to book nothing before 10:30, 11am to be stress free.

For a 9:30 flight? Really???

If they pre-print their boarding passes on the ship, they may make it with 30 minutes.

Personally, I think 9:30 is really risking it... I would only do it if I had boarding passes, TSA Pre check, and easy carry-on

On our Royal cruise, we got in extra early and all disembarkation was early. Walk offs started at 6:20am!

With that said, the reason we were early was because we had skipped Princess Cays and sailed straight into FLL. I'm sure there are cases where this doesn't cause early arrival.

You are probably fine 75% of the time (or more), up to you if you want to take that gamble. We had a 10:45 flight and of course, made it easily.

If you're stuck with that flight you may want to make sure there are later flights if you get unlucky.

We did the same and had a 10:15 flight, and we did not self disembark. I think you'll be fine.

We had no problems; HOWEVER we nearly missed embarkation due to a delayed flight from Houston! So I was stressed out about it.

Edited by Clearlakegal

Ships arrives at 6:00am port everglades> We have a 9:30am Flight! We are doing the self disembark! Can we make it???

How many ships in port that day and arrive around the same time?

On one of our cruises we got to the airport by 7:30. We couldn't check our bags before 8:00. Four ships in port at the same time and we were lined up down one of the concourses and had to move through 2 different sets of cattle gates for security. it was a mob. Anyway we are still in the first set of cattle gates and it's 9:00 when a family just in front of us tells one of the security guards that their flight was at 9:20. They got lucky and were moved to the front of the line. Don't know if they made their flight.

All I can say is good luck.

That is just way too much stress for me! I would not want to deal with the pressure and stress of making a flight after my enjoyable, relaxing cruise. However, if you are the daring adventurous type, then this should be a fun excursion for you.

We did the same and had a 10:15 flight, and we did not self disembark. I think you'll be fine.

We had no problems; HOWEVER we nearly missed embarkation due to a delayed flight from Houston! So I was stressed out about it.

We always fly in the day before. It costs a little more but reduces the stress big time.

One time flying into Ft. Lauderdale we were delayed at least 2 hours and landed around 3:00pm (fortunately we are a day early). Anyway, once we landed the flight attendant says please remain seated because some people need to get off right away to catch a cruise ship. No one cared and at least half the plane stood up once we got to the gate.

We always fly in the day before. It costs a little more but reduces the stress big time.

One time flying into Ft. Lauderdale we were delayed at least 2 hours and landed around 3:00pm (fortunately we are a day early). Anyway, once we landed the flight attendant says please remain seated because some people need to get off right away to catch a cruise ship. No one cared and at least half the plane stood up once we got to the gate.

Wow, so much for being courteous to their fellow passenger.

Ships arrives at 6:00am. We have a 9:30 Flight! We are doing the self disembark! Can we make it???

I don't think so if it's a Saturday or Sunday these are very busy days for customs to clear all the cruise ships. If it's Monday through Friday ??? to close to call Good Luck.

Tony