Diamond Plus Loss of Benefits

First of all...if you even knew anything about Stephen Hawkins, he is not saying much any longer...may he rest in peace.

Diamonds do have their own lounge...but Diamonds can only access the concierge lounge or suites lounge unless they are already suites guests...then they are on the same status quo as your "Owners Suite" access. As you are Emerald, you certainly were not in the Diamond lounge, so you are talking about your observations in the Suites Lounge or Concierge Lounge.

And finally...yes the majority of us DO tip, most common a dollar a drink.

And welcome to Cruise Critic. :rolleyes:

Sadly it was a computer not him talking. So he really hadn’t said much in deades if we are going to get technical. May he rest in peace.

I thought everyone tipped extra in the lounges for the bar staff's work serving the free drinks. If not, then everyone SHOULD be tipping. I budget $1 per drink, including my husband's diet cokes, and tip mid-cruise, and at the end. $20 - $30 extra is not much.

I just got off the Rhapsody, and the service in the Concierge Lounge was superb, and opened to a roped off area in the Viking Crown when it got crowded.

Yes, the Diamond Lounges are overcrowded, and will continue to be so until the D's move on to other lounges with their drinks on their seapass cards, or until RCCL Corporate authorizes more overflow.

Why D’s? Why not D+ too??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whats all this rest in peace stuff anyway, did Steve even believe in God? But thanks, you have managed to prove my point.

We have gone from discussing cruising to a theological discussion on the meaning of God, Life and the Universe - plus personal insults (and spelling). All good. Rest in peace y'all.

I've seen photos

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

There you are John! How did the rest of the flight nightmare go? Assuming it finally all worked out and you made it to the ship in plenty of time.

Have a fantabulous time, I know you will! :)

My watch comes from a whole day of shopping in Sint Maarten. Love it.

Such a shame comments cannot be made on this forum without the replies becoming personal attacks. Sadly this is a sign of the times. If I make further comment I will of course offend someone who feels their opinion is of greater weight than mine. I find it helpful to read other peoples insights about their cruise before booking my next cruise which surely is the purpose of Cruise Critic, hence the name Critic (to be critical of).:evilsmile:

Not quite so interested in just being told my opinions are wrong. Maybe some could benefit from a session with Freud.

Now I know he is still alive, isn't he?

I used to let that bother me and retaliated a couple of times...but now I just charge ahead and totally ignore the replies...after all its all about me isn't it!:*

Once you've sailed on the Carnival Vista, like we made the mistake of doing a couple months ago, all these supposed RCCL issues seem like much to do about nothing.

Hey we were thinking about doing Vista...so how did that really work for you? Did you do a review????

first of all...if you even knew anything about stephen hawkins, he is not saying much any longer...may he rest in peace.

Diamonds do have their own lounge...but diamonds can only access the concierge lounge or suites lounge unless they are already suites guests...then they are on the same status quo as your "owners suite" access. As you are emerald, you certainly were not in the diamond lounge, so you are talking about your observations in the suites lounge or concierge lounge.

And finally...yes the majority of us do tip, most common a dollar a drink.

And welcome to cruise critic. :rolleyes:

+1.