Ordering bottled liquor prior to embarkation ?

joybaby

Does Celebrity allow you to order liquor delivered to your cabin prior to your sailing?

Can we still carry on 2 750 ml of wine in our carry on?

Thanks,

Joybaby

With our Stateroom Bar Setup Package, guests can enjoy their favorite bottle of spirits complete with mixers and a bucket of ice in the comfort of their stateroom or suite throughout their cruise.

Classic Package: Starting from $80.00 USD per package. 1 liter bottle from a collection of well-known brands such as Seagram’s, Beefeater, Captain Morgan and more. In addition, guests may also choose 6 cans of mixers (including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices). The guests need to choose the mixers that they want once they're onboard.

Premium Package: Starting from $100.00 USD per package. 1 liter bottle from a sophisticated collection of brands such as Crown Royal, Bombay Sapphire, and Grey Goose. In addition, guests may also choose 6 cans of mixers (including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices). The guests need to choose the mixers that they want once they're onboard.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine/champagne onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine/champagne onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

Wish Celebrity would eliminate the corkage charge on wine, same as the parent company Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. Seems like Celeb is in for the cash grab.

Has anyone ordered the Celebrity Classic Bar Setup, choosing gin or vodka for martinis? I love my Beefeater's martinis, but wonder what "mixers" I might get; I only need maybe 8 oz of dry vermouth and about a dozen olives. We are booked in a Sky Suite, but I do not believe its liquor policy is any different from that of any other cabin.

I believe the Classic Bar Setup includes a 1 liter bottle of spirits, and that Beefeater gin is included as a choice - can anyone confirm?

I know I could bring a 750 ml of vermouth on board with me (it is a wine), but that is way overkill - I need less than half that amount for my martinis. Besides, my wife and I want to each bring a 750 ml bottle of wine on board for consumption in the cabin on our 12 day cruise.

Thanks

Edited by PaperSniper4

Has anyone ordered the Celebrity Classic Bar Setup, choosing gin or vodka for martinis? I love my Beefeater's martinis, but wonder what "mixers" I might get; I only need maybe 8 oz of dry vermouth and about a dozen olives. We are booked in a Sky Suite, but I do not believe its liquor policy is any different from that of any other cabin.

I believe the Classic Bar Setup includes a 1 liter bottle of spirits, and that Beefeater gin is included as a choice - can anyone confirm?

I know I could bring a 750 ml of vermouth on board with me (it is a wine), but that is way overkill - I need less than half that amount for my martinis. Besides, my wife and I want to each bring a 750 ml bottle of wine on board for consumption in the cabin on our 12 day cruise.

Thanks

Get a martini mister (you can order from Amazon and some liquor stores, like Total Wine, have them). It's a small atomizer that looks like a small perfume atomizer. We use them for our martinis at home (we like extra dry martinis), and always travel with one. It fits in your quart-size zip-loc for airport security.

Get a martini mister (you can order from Amazon and some liquor stores, like Total Wine, have them). It's a small atomizer that looks like a small perfume atomizer. We use them for our martinis at home (we like extra dry martinis), and always travel with one. It fits in your quart-size zip-loc for airport security.

I like my martinis prepared a more traditional way, about 4 to 1. So I'd need a bit more than an atomizer!:cool:

I'd think the cruise lines might object to the atomizer? Ever had any issues at the airport or the cruise terminal? Still, I'd have to have a bit more that a couple of ounces, so I am not sure what to do. One option is to purchase a glass of dry vermouth in one of the ship's bars and take that to my room, but I think I'd only get enough vermouth for maybe 4-6 martinis. Still, that might be enough for a 1 week cruise.

I would just buy the vermouth from the bar and ask bartender for olives at the same time. Buy a second one when the first runs out.

Yep, that is probably the only solution. I'm sure the bartender will be happy to toss in several olives!:cool:

I like my martinis prepared a more traditional way, about 4 to 1. So I'd need a bit more than an atomizer!:cool:

I'd think the cruise lines might object to the atomizer? Ever had any issues at the airport or the cruise terminal? Still, I'd have to have a bit more that a couple of ounces, so I am not sure what to do. One option is to purchase a glass of dry vermouth in one of the ship's bars and take that to my room, but I think I'd only get enough vermouth for maybe 4-6 martinis. Still, that might be enough for a 1 week cruise.

As for olives, just ask your butler, he'll get you all you need. As for the Vermouth he may also come up with an inventive idea or two, they are good at that.

bosco

Has anyone ordered the Celebrity Classic Bar Setup, choosing gin or vodka for martinis? I love my Beefeater's martinis, but wonder what "mixers" I might get; I only need maybe 8 oz of dry vermouth and about a dozen olives.

Vermouth is not included as a "mixer."

I know I could bring a 750 ml of vermouth on board with me (it is a wine), but that is way overkill - I need less than half that amount for my martinis.

No, that wont work. I tried it. I ordered the bar setup with

Bourbon and I carried on a 750 ml of sweet vermouth for my Manhattans. Celebrity confiscated it on embarkation. I argued it was "wine." Celebrity Food and Beverage Manager said no, it is a liquor and not permitted for carry on. They gave the bottle back to me at the end of our cruise.

Your best option is to purchase a glass of dry vermouth at the Martini Bar and take it back to your room. That is a much easier option than the cost and hassle of a mister. Just carry on a small bottle of your favorite martini olives.

One option is to purchase a glass of dry vermouth in one of the ship's bars and take that to my room, but I think I'd only get enough vermouth for maybe 4-6 martinis. Still, that might be enough for a 1 week cruise.

I think you said you are in a Sky Suite. You will have access to Michael's Club where ALL alcohol is free for the duration of your cruise. You can get all the Martinis you want there, prepared anyway you want, at no cost. If for some reason, you want to make your Martinis on your own in your stateroom, then just ask the concierge in Michaels Club for a free glass of dry vermouth and take it back to your room.......every day if you want!

If you are in a suite, there is really no reason to purchase a drinks package because all your drinks are free anyway.

Edited by El Crucero

;)

....I think you said you are in a Sky Suite. You will have access to Michael's Club where ALL alcohol is free for the duration of your cruise.....

Really? First I've heard of that!* :D

Interesting about the sweet vermouth, I'd never have thought that would be a problem.

*I found it: "Access to Michael's Club for Sky Suites passengers will begin on the December 16 sailing of Celebrity Solstice. The private lounge, where suite passengers have access to a concierge and a private bar with complimentary drinks, was originally only for people in higher-class suites......"

You're right, that would nearly solve me problem, except I prefer my martini's in my cabin usually. I can work around it.;)

Edited by PaperSniper4

Thanks

Maybe you could ask your butler for some vermouth and olives for a nice tip. That's what I would do. You also might look for the olives at the buffet.

...Retired Navy, but not completely retired : ( now AA. Not alcoholics anonymous .....

Okay, I'll bite: What's the "AA"?

I'm retired Navy also; 27 years USNR aviation chasing submarines around the world. Also retired FedEx and LEO. Now just retired....period! :cool:

We've never had a butler, but we're celebrating our 50th anniversary and I decided to surprise my wife. I can remember when we started cruising in the late 1980s....started off with an inside and lusted over those ocean view cabins with those little portholes....when we moved up to those OV cabins a year or two later we'd lust over the balcony cabins.....then after a year to two of those "we" decided we had to have a balcony. ;)

Have you any idea how terrified I am she will become accustomed to a butler and insist on one from here on out?:eek:

Edited by PaperSniper4

Okay, I'll bite: What's the "AA"?

I'm retired Navy also; 27 years USNR aviation chasing submarines around the world. Also retired FedEx and LEO. Now just retired....period! :cool:

We've never had a butler, but we're celebrating our 50th anniversary and I decided to surprise my wife. I can remember when we started cruising in the late 1980s....started off with an inside and lusted over those ocean view cabins with those little portholes....when we moved up to those OV cabins a year or two later we'd lust over the balcony cabins.....then after a year to two of those "we" decided we had to have a balcony. ;)

Have you any idea how terrified I am she will become accustomed to a butler and insist on one from here on out?:eek:

Congrats on your climb to the top, LOL. My wife and I have evolved in the same way up to several cruises in royal suites and a few more in sky suites. The butler for us has come in handy a few times and was a great treat when we had one however we are now MORE than happy to sail in Concierge or Veranda (depending on location and ship class M or S) cabins. If or should I say when Celebrity does away with the little extra space in some cabins and in some verandas in their ships we will look into suites because we really enjoy those extra few square feet that angled or aft verandas offer.

Have a great cruise and enjoy those martinis...

bosco.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can take drinks from Michael's back to your room, no problem. They'll even make you a couple. We had one of the bottles that keep drinks cold or hot for hours. We'd have them pour a couple of glasses of chilled vodka in, get a couple of glasses with olives and enjoy on our veranda.