Credit card update?

PatriciaF

Awaiting a call back from the travel agent--but thought I would get an answer here faster.

Just printed out our Cruise Travel Summary. I completed all the information quite some time ago. Realized I no longer have the credit card I used for on board charges. We are 5 days away from sailing. I cannot update this on line now.

Can we just present a different credit card at check in? 3 hour time difference between and the TA, not open Sunday. We aren't home on Saturday.

Thanks for any help on this.

Awaiting a call back from the travel agent--but thought I would get an answer here faster.

Just printed out our Cruise Travel Summary. I completed all the information quite some time ago. Realized I no longer have the credit card I used for on board charges. We are 5 days away from sailing. I cannot update this on line now.

Can we just present a different credit card at check in? 3 hour time difference between and the TA, not open Sunday. We aren't home on Saturday.

Yes, no problem at all. The desk clerk will ask for your CC, just let them know you've changed cards since filling out info and they'll put the new card in. No problem at all.

At check in they will automatically assume you wish to use the existing card (they no longer ask to see it) unless you tell them otherwise.

So you may have to wait until you are on board and make the change at the purser's desk.

Of course you can initially do nothing until you are paged to the purser's desk once they discover the card on file is no longer valid.

Yes on check in or at the Pursers Desk onboard.

It's no problem at all, when you check in and get your cruise cards that's the time to let the agent know that you want to change credit cards Or update the card .

We've done it multiple times ,because as it gets closer to the cruise we want to use a different credit card than what we put on the cruise Personalizer. You can also assign a different credit card to each person in the cabin if you want to do that as well.

Julie

Thank you all for your advice.

I won't worry about until we get aboard ship next week.

My travel agent did call me back but I was out at an appointment. By the time I got back the office was closed.

Sent an email saying I would take care of this upon getting to the ship.

We have $750 OBC, so the credit card may see very little use as none of our excursions are through Princess.

Yes, no problem at all. The desk clerk will ask for your CC, just let them know you've changed cards since filling out info and they'll put the new card in. No problem at all.

The same thing happened to me you are correct.

Tony

Give them new one when you board.

Of course you can initially do nothing until you are paged to the purser's desk once they discover the card on file is no longer valid.

Nothing worse than hearing your name called over the loud speaker's. It's either an emergency or your credit card has been declined and you need to report to the galley to start washing pots and pans!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If they don't ask at check-in, just tell them. Same thing happened to us a few cruises ago and I just informed them at check-in and gave them the new card info - they took care of it right then and there.

I've tried to do that at check-in, and every time they've told me to go Passenger Services onboard.

We had the card we'd registered for the cruise replaced by the CC company one time. Some place we'd bought from had been hacked so they gave us a new card with a new number.

Anyway it arrived a couple of days before sailing. I called Princess and they changed it over the phone.

Here's my credit card fiasco regarding our Christmas 2015 cruise on Emerald Princess...

We booked the Christmas cruise 45 days prior to sailing. Because I had a credit card that I hadn't used in nearly 2 years, the credit card company offered some sweet credits for any usage during November and December 2015, so I applied that credit card to my PERSONALIZER in early December.

14 days later, I was advised by my credit card that excessive charges were appearing on my card and ask for my verification of the charges, which it wasn't any charges that I made. So, it was too late by then to applied the newly issued credit card to PERSONALIZER, so upon arriving at the pier check-in in Ft Lauderdale, I had another credit card number and presented it to the PRINCESS pier-side check-in staff who assured me my account was changed and the new credit card number applied.

On the second day of our cruise, a letter from the front desk was delivered to our cabin which stated my credit card number was invalid and stop by to discuss. I panicked! I couldn't believe that yet another credit card number was now in question since I had only revealed it for the first time at the prier in Ft Lauderdale. Upon discussions at the front desk, it was revealed they had my original credit card number (that was compromised) that I entered into PERSONALIZER and NOT the credit card number provided at the Ft Lauderdale pier. Front desk staff apologized for the "disconnect" and took my "new" credit card number. On the third day of the cruise, yet another letter arrived at our cabin, which stated that we had ignored the first letter and now they were not permitting any further charges to this invalid credit card until we appeared at the Front Desk to resolve! I was livid! So off I go to the Front Desk with letter #1 and letter #2 to get to the bottom of this mess. Front Desk staff claimed credit card number provided the day before never got to the correct department, therefore the reason for letter #2. I was assured the credit card number on the account would be changed. Well, I had heard that before, so I asked to speak to the manager and got the same assurance from her. That ended confusion about my credit card number.

You can come to your own conclusions about who compromised my credit card that I hadn't used in 2 years. I know the outcome of my credit card company investigation. I won't be entering any credit card into PRINCESS PERSONALIZER ever again and only presenting it at the pier check-in!

If you are wondering...the credit card utilized with my TA for cruise fare payment was hubby's credit card, which there was no compromise problems.

I won't be entering any credit card into PRINCESS PERSONALIZER ever again and only presenting it at the pier check-in!

No problem as long as you do not want to print out boarding passes or luggage tags as you cannot do so without a CC number having been entered.

Edited by caribill

You can definitely change the card when you check in. Per the above poster, you might wanna check with Pax Services once you board, though, to make sure the new card was correctly added.

We always do this every cruise when a member of my family change their CC from mine for their onboard expenses.

Ok my CC story, last year on the Regal, I used my shipboard account at the Casio. Like all merchants Princess entered "pending" charges to my card until the end of the cruise when they actually charged my CC. Here was the problem, they did not remove the "pending" charges until 2 weeks after we got home. Result was when I went out to eat in Ft. Lauderdale my CC was rejected becuase I was over my CC limit, when I was only at half, because Princess was double claiming my money. Trust me this year that will be cleared up before I get the ship!

Ok my CC story, last year on the Regal, I used my shipboard account at the Casio. Like all merchants Princess entered "pending" charges to my card until the end of the cruise when they actually charged my CC. Here was the problem, they did not remove the "pending" charges until 2 weeks after we got home. !

It is not up to Princess when the "pending" charges are removed. It is your bank's policy that determines how long that is.

If you use, for example, a debit or credit card at a gasoline pump, a "pending charge" of possibly $150 will be put on the card. It will be several days until it disappears.