Diabetic

JAYROD1973

I am diabetic and drink a lot of water due to medications can I bring my own water?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most cruise lines will allow you bring onboard your own bottled water. But there's really no reason to, for the most part.

Generally the water onboard (all water, whether for food prep, making ice, served in the dining rooms, from the tap in your room, in the pools) is processed the same as most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered).

Norwegian does not allow you to bring drinks, including water onboard. Bring a big, empty, jug, and use it on board.

Quite right:

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#alcohol-consumption

Every restaurant on the ship serves water. Cold and filtered.

The buffet always has water dispensers along with glasses to drink it from.

The water from the sink is also potable.

There is a constant supply of water that doesn't come wrapped in a plastic bottle that needs to be thrown away.

Do not be deceived, you are not trekking the Kalahari.

On Carnival we each get a good size free bottle of water in our cabin but we also drink the melted ice. You can ask your room steward for another ice bucket for more ice & melted ice to drink.

I also have a thermos I fill with ice & water and take it with me everywhere on the ship and when we go ashore for tours or the beach. I always have it and don't have to hunt for water.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Only downside about cabin water (same as all the other water "manufactured" on the ship is the pipes all run adjacent to HVAC ducts and is often sort of warm. Asking cabin steward to supply ice in evening allows filling a water bottle for overnight cool/cold water as it melts.

I forgot to mention on my earlier post about getting a water filter. WE sail out of Charleston, SC, often and Charleston is known for lousy water and the ship fills up there. So, we bought a $18.00 water filter in Lowe's and put in on our bathroom sink. It makes a big difference and the filtered water is so much better! The if ice isn't melted we get water from the bathroom faucet.

I forgot to mention on my earlier post about getting a water filter. WE sail out of Charleston, SC, often and Charleston is known for lousy water and the ship fills up there. So, we bought a $18.00 water filter in Lowe's and put in on our bathroom sink. It makes a big difference and the filtered water is so much better! The if ice isn't melted we get water from the bathroom faucet.

May we know which water filter it was? I'm rather jaded about my water. My town has awful water - taken from old mine tunnels. I can't stand that water.

You could buy a drink package that includes water and get all you want....we used to brink water but got tired of the hassle...good luck...have fun!

OP later posted ship. It's NCL. NCL's drink package does NOT include bottled water.

Bottled water on NCL is VERY expensive.

Not all cruise lines are the same, so generalizations is never a good idea.

Edited by NMLady

As been said, there is no reason for you to worry about bringing water onboard - even if you could, based upon the cruise line. Ship's water is just as good as anything you could buy and bring with you. As another diabetic, I never worry about drinking ship's water; it's perfectly fine😄.

I don't think so. Ships make their own water through several processes on board which results in water that is typically equal to that of bottled water.

I don't think so. Ships make their own water through several processes on board which results in water that is typically equal to that of bottled water.

We were in Charleston in April & our ship did fill the water tanks there also

It does happen in some ports