I now have 4 cruises booked between now and 2018

CineGraphic

This may not seem like a lot to many of you, but my wife still has 8 years to go before she retires.

I've never pre-planned vacations so far in advance before, but the 3-for-free deals are too good to pass up, and if something better comes along, I can always re-book.

Now I'm wondering if we really need to buy future cruise deposits when we board the Coral in 58 days.

This may not seem like a lot to many of you, but my wife still has 8 years to go before she retires.

I've never pre-planned vacations so far in advance before, but the 3-for-free deals are too good to pass up, and if something better comes along, I can always re-book.

Now I'm wondering if we really need to buy future cruise deposits when we board the Coral in 58 days.

So do I, plus one with a deposit but not 100% certain yet.

Not all Princess though.

We have 8 cruises booked between now and January 2018. We love the 3 for free also. We always have a bunch of FCC on hand and buy more as we go along. If we buy too many FCC and they expire, Princess is good about refunding our money in a check without having to call and ask them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 8 cruises booked between now and January 2018. We love the 3 for free also. We always have a bunch of FCC on hand and buy more as we go along. If we buy too many FCC and they expire, Princess is good about refunding our money in a check without having to call and ask them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't offer us the free booze.

Not sure why?:confused:

The "Sip & Sail" promotion did. :D

I was in the liquor biz for many years, first as a bartender then selling wholesale to bars, hotels and restaurants in Palm Beach.

I have zero interest in drink packages. I'm perfectly happy bringing my own wine on board.

Lucky you!

YES! If you are out of FCD then you definitely do need to purchase more. There is no risk as they are completely refundable and it would be a real drag to want to book a cruise and not have any available. We once did a BVE in SF just so that we could purchase more FCD. We only have two cruises booked (at the moment) with one FCD left each. Even if we don't book another cruise in the meantime we will still purchase more each when on our next booked cruise.

We didn't book under the 3 For Free but both or our currently booked cruises were booked under the Sip-n-Sail promo so I know how your feel about booking far in advance due to the offered perks. :D

We didn't book under the 3 For Free but both or our currently booked cruises were booked under the Sip-n-Sail promo so I know how your feel about booking far in advance due to the offered perks. :D

And that is exactly why Princess (and other CCL owned lines) offer these promotions instead of price drops, to encourage early bookings.

And it is working as advance bookings are up (and at higher pricing) over last year.

Not available to those who live in Australia as the poster does.

But luckily it (sip n sail) is available on Australian cruises for those who don't live in Australia when it is offered :rolleyes:

Edited by Womble99

I have 3 cruises booked between now and 2018 because we require a H/C stateroom and those go very fast. I try to book them as soon as they become available.

I would love to book a cruise for fall 2018, but they are not out yet.

I also put money on FCC's and usually have about 3 each just in case.

Can't beat the OBC amenity.