Upsell offer - help!

Guest arowe6

Dearest CC friends,

Today my TA advised me of an upsell offer on our upcoming Regal cruise.

Currently booked in the highest category balcony. D4 I think is the name. A nice aft cabin, half covered and uncovered.

Upsell is for an owners suite. Still aft. Different deck. Corner cabin. But not covered (although a portion of the balcony is covered).

$600 PP.

Including what we already paid + the upsell price, the total would be about half of what the cabin is currently listed for on the Princess site.

Worth it? Help me decide.

Thanks,

-Andrew :)

I wouldn't pay an extra $1,200 to upgrade, especially for an uncovered balcony. Princess used to upgrade for free, and we did receive an upgrade to a full suite once for free. We have a,so paid for full suites as well.

, a few months ago on the Regal we took a paid upgrade (first and only time) from balcony to mini suite, and it was $129 pp. In our case, we felt it was well worth it.

I don't really feel that the full suite amenities are worth an extra $1,200 and if you are already Elite, you would get a free bar setup, priority boarding, ET cet.

Not sure how long the cruise is, but for a 7-day that seems like a chunk of money and not such a great deal, and to me, there is nothing better than a covered aft cabin [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

How long is the cruise? I assume it is one of the seven night itineraries as $600 p/p is right about half the price difference of the current advertised rates for the few seven night cruises this season not showing suites as sold out. Which is a pretty standard upsell offer--but a great opportunity for you to sample the suite life for likely the lowest price you will have a chance at.

If this offer is for one of the 10 or 11 night holiday sailings (I now see in your signature you are sailing in December) you should have been all over this offer faster than it took you to start this thread--$60 pp/pd to upgrade from deluxe balcony to suite is a giveaway.

Edited by fishywood

Edit-- should have mentioned that the cruise is a week, not during Christmas or NYE.

Ok so about $100 per day each, for me that's a no, unless it is a special cruise, birthday anniversary etc in which case I may consider it, but $1200 is a lot of spending.

Dearest CC friends,

Today my TA advised me of an upsell offer on our upcoming Regal cruise.

Currently booked in the highest category balcony. D4 I think is the name. A nice aft cabin, half covered and uncovered.

Upsell is for an owners suite. Still aft. Different deck. Corner cabin. But not covered (although a portion of the balcony is covered).

$600 PP.

Including what we already paid + the upsell price, the total would be about half of what the cabin is currently listed for on the Princess site.

Worth it? Help me decide.

Thanks,

-Andrew :)

Where are you going, and for how long?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely go for it. The suite experience is awesome and it will make the cruise one to remember. They offered the same to me for a 10 night cruise and I went for it. I loved every minute of the experience. Its not just the suite but you get extra perks and benefits throughout the entire cruise.

I was offered an upsell from DD to Mini for $619 which included aidp, grats & dinner. I turned it down since we already had aidp. The other option was $199 to a mini. I asked if we could go to an aft balcony and the gal said no :( I would have done the suite for $600pp :D

We got an upsell offer a few years back. We booked a mini suite and the upsell price for the suite was $700/pp but it was for 15 days. We took it because it was the Hawaiian cruise with a lot of sea days.

Beware of the upsell to suites you may get hooked. We did.

The only upsell offer I've received was from a balcony to a suite for a price that worked out to $67 per person per day. I turned it down. Paying $600 pp for an upsell would double the price of our upcoming cruise.

Thanks all for the advice.

In the end, we decided it wasn't worth it. A big part for us is that we were in an uncovered balcony before and it felt like we were in a fish bowl. Had the cabins been on B or D we probably would have grabbed it.

Who knows... maybe something else will come our way. For now, we're happy with our tiny aft cabin with a nice large balcony half covered and uncovered. :)

-Andrew

Thanks all for the advice.

In the end, we decided it wasn't worth it. A big part for us is that we were in an uncovered balcony before and it felt like we were in a fish bowl. Had the cabins been on B or D we probably would have grabbed it.

Who knows... maybe something else will come our way. For now, we're happy with our tiny aft cabin with a nice large balcony half covered and uncovered. :)

-Andrew

Good choice, Andrew. I would have gone for the suite had it been $300 pp or less. Enjoy your cruise!

I would have to say no. Especially since we received an upsell for 33% less than that on a 7 day cruise.

Hi tracie!!

Welcome back. Loved your 'live from' thread. Hope those pants are dry. :D

Yes, we declined. It was a nice "want" but definitely not a "must have"

This was our second upsell in 2 weeks. Let's see what happens next week :)

-Andrew

Not all upsells are a good deal. I was just offered an upsell from an oceanview mid-aft to a window mini-suite on the Island Princess in a couple of weeks for $398. The only window mini-suites are in the bow of the ship. I declined. Granted it's a 19-day cruise so it wasn't that much extra and I'd love a mini but not in the bow of the ship. Maybe the upsell fairy will pay another visit. This was the second upsell I've been offered for this cruise in the last couple of weeks.

We got an upsell offer a few years back. We booked a mini suite and the upsell price for the suite was $700/pp but it was for 15 days. We took it because it was the Hawaiian cruise with a lot of sea days.

Beware of the upsell to suites you may get hooked. We did.

I received an email from my TA regarding a suite, aft, wrap upsell for our 14 day Australian cruise on Holland for $600pp. I was at work and I could not get to a phone fast enough. I called AND emailed,,,, took the offer and chloe45 is correct,,,,,,, we got hooked. It's Suite life for us.

Edited by ibfishing2