Outrageous Towel Policy!

Roce48

Uh Oh! I just received my news letter with the new towel policy! I wrote them a protest letter demanding that they rescind the new policy! Please join me and send them an e-mail also!:mad:

Newsletter_January_2017_17.jpg ROY_spacer.gifUPDATED TOWEL POLICY ROY_spacer.gif Check out as many towels as you like,

just return them by end of voyage to

avoid a $24.99 replacement fee.

(Effective 01/15/2017)

Not sure what the big deal is about the towels. You get at the pool deck in the morning and return them when you are finished with them. We do crafts in the solarium and get 6 towels on the first day and return them on the last full sea day. Have been doing this for several years and have never had any issues with doing this. You only have to return all the towels that you have borrowed. Enjoy your cruise.

I do not find it outrageous at all and will perhaps curb waste and loss. most beach towels these days cost that much and more in stores so the price is not even all that ridiculous.

I find it a perfectly reasonable policy and will NOT be protesting, boycotting or generally demanding it be rescinded.

Our Towels were scanned out and in on Adventure Feb 2015 but not on GOS in Jan 2016...

Just make sure to bring your towel back, it's really not that big of a deal. The only times I see this as a problem is

• if you like to just leave your towels behind on an excursion so you don't have to bring back a sandy &/or wet towel
  • you just like taking towels home with you.

The links posted above just take me to the log in for C and A and when I log in there is no policy. What is it? Just like it used to be that you have to pay if you don't turn them back in??

Edit Found it- no big deal

Edited by molly361

I like the "new" policy. I have been on some ships where they would only let you get two towels per seapass card. Now I don't have to collect seapasses to go get towels. I can get as many as I need and just use my seapass.

I used to be against this towel check out policy but we were on one cruise where it had been suspended and towels were just left on chairs when people left. You couldn't tell if someone was coming back or was done with the chair and left the towels on it.

RCI won't be hearing any protests from me on this policy.

Uh Oh! I just received my news letter with the new towel policy!

I believe they are actually instituting an old policy.

The old policy was put in place because the cost of replacing towels was getting out of control. People taking towels off the ship for beach excursions and leaving them there and plain old stealing were the likely suspects.

Uh Oh! I just received my news letter with the new towel policy! I wrote them a protest letter demanding that they rescind the new policy! Please join me and send them an e-mail also!:mad:

Demand? No, It isn't so bad, actually it an improvement. When they went away from this policy people would go up and grab 15 towels no matter how many people were behind them.

Not sure what the big deal is about the towels. You get at the pool deck in the morning and return them when you are finished with them. We do crafts in the solarium and get 6 towels on the first day and return them on the last full sea day. Have been doing this for several years and have never had any issues with doing this. You only have to return all the towels that you have borrowed. Enjoy your cruise.

The problem is it is just another line you have to wait on especially on the larger ships like Oasis and Allure.

Newsletter_January_2017_17.jpg ROY_spacer.gifUPDATED TOWEL POLICY ROY_spacer.gif Check out as many towels as you like,

just return them by end of voyage to

avoid a $24.99 replacement fee.

(Effective 01/15/2017)

Just reinforcing a policy they use to have, I'm glad! Keep loses down!

What is the problem with having to return borrowed towels??? I don't get it! In most resort hotels, you must "check out" towels. Why not on a ship?

If you get erroneously charged for a towel, tell them and the charge is removed. It's really not an inconvenience or terribly hard.

Just return what you borrow...very simple.

I do not find it outrageous at all and will perhaps curb waste and loss. most beach towels these days cost that much and more in stores so the price is not even all that ridiculous.

I find it a perfectly reasonable policy and will NOT be protesting, boycotting or generally demanding it be rescinded.

I agree - what is the "big hissy fit" about returning towels? Obviously too many "walked home". Also, this helps curb people from taking large numbers of towels to reserve many chairs in various locations - because after all it is their vacation attitude.

We have never kept a towel beyond the few hours after checking them out. To me it is not a big deal, but then I am not wanting to take them home. It does make me more responsible, not that I needed it, to bring back the towels to get back a credit.

My only concern is someone taking my towel(s) while I am not around them. For us, that is rare.

I agree - what is the "big hissy fit" about returning towels? Obviously too many "walked home". Also, this helps curb people from taking large numbers of towels to reserve many chairs in various locations - because after all it is their vacation attitude.

I never thought of anyone taking multiple towels and reserving multiple chairs/lounges in multiple locations.

That would truly be a chair hog!