What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Got an email this afternoon....earlier than expected!

Gem, May 5.

OK Obstructed Oceanview to MA mid ship mini-suite. $310 total bid.

Woohoo!

I would love to bid on a MA from a BA but I'm afraid there may be a noise issue on deck 11. I could luck out and be under a carpeted area upstairs or be under an area where chairs are being moved at 4am. I'm booked on deck 10 and I guess I should just stay there.

What was the total $avings? I know the spa balcony’s are pricey as it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was about a $1300 savings from the list price. If we booked the Haven straight out on the website, it would have been $5950 and the total cruise cost , with the DSC, promo fees, etc, is $4500.

For those that have Facebook.

Not sure if this has been posted already but I found it to be very informative as it answered a few questions I had about the upgrade bid process.

Edited by Bunyan1967
To add text

For those that have Facebook.

Not sure if this has been posted already but I found it to be very informative as it answered a few questions I had about the upgrade bid process.

Unfortunately, the video is old and not 100% accurate with regard to how the program works.

I booked less than 2 months before sailing, it was a last minute, spur of the moment decision for a 9 day Scandinavia/Russia/ Baltic cruise on May 11 on board the NCL Breakaway. Paid Cnd$1300 each for a Sail Away Inside Cabin, got a Guaranteed Status and was a assigned a room a couple of days after, then after a week, I received an email for an upgrade opportunity, so I took advantage of that and bid the lowest bid of Cnd$100 EACH, for me and my husband for a Balcony. Two weeks ago, my bid was accepted, so in total we paid Cnd$1400 per person for a Balcony. Ongoing rate now is Cnd$2409 per person for a Balcony...so do the math, that's a huge savings! We got lucky! Stars were aligned...very grateful and super excited to cruise soon!

Question,

Sailing on the Getaway May 20th, in a mini suite put in a bid for haven spa suite. It says my offer was poor. We are debating on holding out for the upgrade just in case or just keeping what we have and buying the spa package. Through mock booking there are 8 spa suites left. Is it possible for the spa passes to sell out before we here on the upgrade? Afraid we may end up with nothing!!

Question,

Sailing on the Getaway May 20th, in a mini suite put in a bid for haven spa suite. It says my offer was poor. We are debating on holding out for the upgrade just in case or just keeping what we have and buying the spa package. Through mock booking there are 8 spa suites left. Is it possible for the spa passes to sell out before we here on the upgrade? Afraid we may end up with nothing!!

Spa passes don’t typically sell out, at least not on 7 nights Caribbean cruises. I’ve seen them be as valuable as vibe passes in colder climate and transatlantic cruises.

If you bid in the fair range ($700-800PP) you will have a good shot at one. (Looking though these posts)

Spa passes don’t typically sell out, at least not on 7 nights Caribbean cruises. I’ve seen them be as valuable as vibe passes in colder climate and transatlantic cruises.

If you bid in the fair range ($700-800PP) you will have a good shot at one. (Looking though these posts)

Ok thank you! I will wait it out. We only did 500 so I’m thinking no chance!!

I'm sailing from Rome in just 5 days, and got excited when I saw my email this morning from Norwegian's Upgrade Advantage. "We're pleased to confirm your......"

Then when I scrolled to see the rest on my phone, the disappointment hit, "...upcoming cruise on Norwegian Epic. There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program."

Grrrr.... stop with the teasers. I've already put in extremely generous bids. Just give me my owners suite or stop getting my hopes up!

Dying to hear from Alitalia as well on those upgrade bids. They promised 3 days out, so I'm assuming if they were accepted I would know by this evening. Fingers and toes still crossed.

I'm sailing from Rome in just 5 days, and got excited when I saw my email this morning from Norwegian's Upgrade Advantage. "We're pleased to confirm your......"

Then when I scrolled to see the rest on my phone, the disappointment hit, "...upcoming cruise on Norwegian Epic. There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program."

Grrrr.... stop with the teasers. I've already put in extremely generous bids. Just give me my owners suite or stop getting my hopes up!

Dying to hear from Alitalia as well on those upgrade bids. They promised 3 days out, so I'm assuming if they were accepted I would know by this evening. Fingers and toes still crossed.

well that's frustrating! Good luck...hope you hear right away!

Question on these upgrades. From reading the thread not everyone is invited to bid on upgrades, so my question is, around the 80 day mark when they send the invites out have prices on some of these cabins dropped or do they remain the same?

I'm in a mini suite and if I get the invite, if prices have dropped may be better to just book instead of hoping I win the bid. Or if not invited go in and book. Just keep checking every day or ????

New to this upgrade bidding process.

Quick question. I have my grats prepaid by the TA and I was able to book during a promo when port fees/ taxes are paid by NCL. I have the distinctive voyage perks as well. If I'm offered to bid in the future and its accepted do I lose everything?

Quick question. I have my grats prepaid by the TA and I was able to book during a promo when port fees/ taxes are paid by NCL. I have the distinctive voyage perks as well. If I'm offered to bid in the future and its accepted do I lose everything?

You keep your original perks.

Question on these upgrades. From reading the thread not everyone is invited to bid on upgrades, so my question is, around the 80 day mark when they send the invites out have prices on some of these cabins dropped or do they remain the same?

I'm in a mini suite and if I get the invite, if prices have dropped may be better to just book instead of hoping I win the bid. Or if not invited go in and book. Just keep checking every day or ????

New to this upgrade bidding process.

It hasn't happened to me but I have read to keep an eye on the prices as they COULD drop, depending on how that sailing is selling. Never hurts to check!

It hasn't happened to me but I have read to keep an eye on the prices as they COULD drop, depending on how that sailing is selling. Never hurts to check!

This happened to me yesterday. I was booked in an inside guarantee (Sailway rate) for two cabins. Noticed a price drop yesterday and called NCL to move us into ocean views. Total cost was $20 per cabin. The cheapest bidding option was $25 a person for the ocean view.

This morning, I was able to bid on a balcony and various suites.

This happened to me yesterday. I was booked in an inside guarantee (Sailway rate) for two cabins. Noticed a price drop yesterday and called NCL to move us into ocean views. Total cost was $20 per cabin. The cheapest bidding option was $25 a person for the ocean view.

This morning, I was able to bid on a balcony and various suites.

Great and good luck on the bidding

FWIW - I just heard back on my upgrade bids for the May 6th Getaway cruise.

Denied! My bids were $800 p/p for Aft Balcony Haven (didn't really think I'd get that one) and $1250 p/p for Two Bedroom Haven. The $1250 was actually almost at the 'fair' mark. I had higher hopes there, but alas, no. The two bedrooms would have been nice

No biggie, I'm happy with my Large Balcony Mini-Suite.

FWIW - I just heard back on my upgrade bids for the May 6th Getaway cruise.

Denied! My bids were $800 p/p for Aft Balcony Haven (didn't really think I'd get that one) and $1250 p/p for Two Bedroom Haven. The $1250 was actually almost at the 'fair' mark. I had higher hopes there, but alas, no. The two bedrooms would have been nice

No biggie, I'm happy with my Large Balcony Mini-Suite.

I raised one of my bids to 1000 from 850 and that's the one I got. I really wanted it cause next weeks my birthday.:D I went from large aft balcony (comped by Cas) to the forward Haven penthouse. Can't wait till Sunday!