Sheet Changing

Jane2357

This has been discussed before - so no need to explain or defend myself on the why -- but with current cutbacks - I would like to know on a 16 night cruise how many times I might expect the sheets to be changed? Our 7 night cruise last year - I do not think they were changed at all. :(

Is a request to have them changed every 2 or 3 days (with an appropriate tip) out of line?

How often do you change them at home? It's not like anyone else has slept in them.

Perhaps you didn't read my post where I said there was no need to discuss the "why". I'm only asking for facts - not discussing my personal habits in my home. :cool:

Thanks CHEZMARYLOU, that was helpful. We are in a CS and would hope this wouldn't be a huge request.

This has been discussed before - so no need to explain or defend myself on the why -- but with current cutbacks - I would like to know on a 16 night cruise how many times I might expect the sheets to be changed? Our 7 night cruise last year - I do not think they were changed at all. :(

Is a request to have them changed every 2 or 3 days (with an appropriate tip) out of line?

Just request it of your room steward and give him $10 cash each time - at the time of service. No problem. If you want new sheets every 2-3 days, it imposes an extra burden on him, so the $10 tip each time will be appreciated.

Your reason is not important, just your preference.

On my last cruise I asked how many times our sheets would be change on our 7 day cruise and was told twice, unless I wanted it an extra time. However, I was not in a suite on this particular cruise...I am in a suite for our TA, so I will ask this question to our room attendant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sort of off topic...but sheets are the topic so, does everyone always have the top sheet tucked in so tight you can't loosen it for comfort and pull it up over your shoulders??? Never saw this asked before and not sure what to do about it short of asking our steward to leave it loose which is probably not their standard; it's this way on every cruise/ship we take.

Sort of off topic...but sheets are the topic so, does everyone always have the top sheet tucked in so tight you can't loosen it for comfort and pull it up over your shoulders??? Never saw this asked before and not sure what to do about it short of asking our steward to leave it loose which is probably not their standard; it's this way on every cruise/ship we take.

The first thing my mom does every night is "untuck" the top sheet and quilt so that she can pull them up over her shoulders. We've never been successful in asking the attendant to leave her bed untucked.

If there is a medical reason for changing sheets often then fine. If not, I would have thought once a week would be appropriate. We should all be thinking about the environment and the workload of the crew and not changing sheets and towels simply because we can.

Like!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If there is a medical reason for changing sheets often then fine. If not, I would have thought once a week would be appropriate. We should all be thinking about the environment and the workload of the crew and not changing sheets and towels simply because we can.

They have always changed my sheets at least once on a seven day cruise. Usually at least twice. They have never changed them every day. I would not expect them to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-- but with current cutbacks

If he was pushed for time, perhaps he could leave you the clean set and you replace them yourself? Then you could always leave the dirty bed linen ready for your steward to collect when he cleans your room (similar to the laundry arrangement). Just thinking of alternatives if you want them replacing more often than your steward has scheduled for in his daily cleaning plan (with there only being 1 attendant now instead of the old 2).

I did say that if sheets are changed more often for health reasons then I don't have a problem. We should however all be concerned about the environment and adding to the laundry pile unnecessarily is not good. I didn't assume anything!

So glad to hear that your intent was not to assume one way or the other, except for health reasons? However, the OP just wanted the facts and that was it! it is their cruise.

Many people nowadays are concerned with the environment, but that wasn't the OP's question. Personally, I am happy that you care about the environment, as I do too. I would not live by Lake Tahoe if I didn't. Again, that wasn't part of the OP's question...I don't think the OP cares whether we care about the environment or not...

Edited by Lastdance

Well I'm with the OP.

It's so nice to get into crisp clean sheets at the end of the night and whilst we may only change our bedding weekly at home it's nice to have clean sheets every couple of days when we're on vacation.

We don't eat 4 course dinners every night at home but we do on a cruise:cool:

A $10 tip is NOT needed to get the sheets changed! That's an insane amount! We've always had ours changed every 3 days or so...

I LIKE fresh sheets! If I could change my own (at home) daily, I would...but I simply don't have time!

You are spending a few thousand dollars on a cruise! A gratuity of $10 each time (above and beyond the usual) the attendant changes the sheets is very reasonable. It is a gratuity which is a monetary "thank you".

Of course, this is only my reply to the OP. It is not a directive to you. It is your right as an American to be as generous or tight as you want.

You are spending a few thousand dollars on a cruise! A gratuity of $10 each time (above and beyond the usual) the attendant changes the sheets is very reasonable. It is a gratuity which is a monetary "thank you".

Of course, this is only my reply to the OP. It is not a directive to you. It is your right as an American to be as generous or tight as you want.

After spending a few thousand dollars on a cruise I don't think it is necessary to tip the cabin attendant each time they change the sheets. We pay the suggested gratuity. If the cabin attendant goes above and beyond, and changing them every day on request I would tip extra but certainly not $10 for each change. That is not being tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk