When Does CATS end on Oasis?

After reading through this older thread discussing Cats on Oasis of the Seas - I'm wondering myself when they'll change the musical on Oasis.  With cruises cancelled due to Covid for so long - I'm guessing the "five year" contract for musicals has extended.  It sounds from what I read that Cats started on Oasis back in 2014. We are on Oasis in March. I'm guessing Cats will still be there then.  We may or may not see it.  We love musicals - but Cats isn't exactly one of our favorites!   We'll likely do other shows (definitely Aqua80 and the ice show). 

• 5 months later...

We are on the Oasis for back-to-back Nov 27th to Dec 11th, 2022.   Saw CATS on the Oasis a long time ago.   I was hoping it would be gone by now.  Left at intermission along with a lot of other people.  Not even going to try and see it on either of these sailings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was fortunate (??) to get center orchestra seats to "Cats" on Broadway while visiting NYC.  Needed four tix for the family ($$$$$)  Even with that expense.. we all left at intermission!  Have always loved all theater, especially musical (actually perform locally).  I join the throng of many others who would love to see ANY other musical to replace this alleged classic!

1 hour ago, WEST COASTER said:

We are on the Oasis for back-to-back Nov 27th to Dec 11th, 2022.   Saw CATS on the Oasis a long time ago.   I was hoping it would be gone by now.  Left at intermission along with a lot of other people.  Not even going to try and see it on either of these sailings.

Sorry but there are many folks who truly  enjoy the production.  You need to do a little work before going to understand the story line.

For me, I would love to see Grease replaced.  The theme is offensive, especially to women.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Sorry but there are many folks who truly  enjoy the production.  You need to do a little work before going to understand the story line.

"many"? Define "many".😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2017 at 9:03 AM, fletch1027 said:

Jersey Boys would be a great production for a ship, but I think the hardest thing would be to find someone that could do justice to the Frankie Valley (make that Valli - see I did see the show) lead. If he doesn't have the chops, it's a hard thing to pull off...

I agee, would love to see Jersey Boys - I have seen Mama Mia in Vegas, NY, and on Royal 3 times and while I loved it I am done. Same with Hairspray. We are in need of new broadway blood. Hopefully once we get rolling pre-pandemic changes will occur.

Edited by AlohaLivin

9 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

I agee, would love to see Jersey Boys - I have seen Mama Mia in Vegas, NY, and on Royal 3 times and while I loved it I am done. Same with Hairspray. We are in need of new broadway blood. Hopefully once we get rolling pre-pandemic changes will occur.

It's a bit disappointing that a Broadway show hasn't been included on the new ships (Odyssey, Wonder) .  Not sure if it's because of licensing or they are harder to put on or they have just run out of available ones that work on a ship.  

We are on Oasis next year and have to admit that it's the one broadway show to which I am not looking forward.  I think it'll be neat for about 10 minutes to see the costumes and the way that they dance, etc but definitely at the bottom for theatre shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

It's a bit disappointing that a Broadway show hasn't been included on the new ships (Odyssey, Wonder) .  Not sure if it's because of licensing or they are harder to put on or they have just run out of available ones that work on a ship.  

We are on Oasis next year and have to admit that it's the one broadway show to which I am not looking forward.  I think it'll be neat for about 10 minutes to see the costumes and the way that they dance, etc but definitely at the bottom for theatre shows.

I am hoping that the lack of shows is related to Covid and that with a little time we will see some new shows.  The Book of Mormon, Stomp, The Phantom of the Opera.  Heck, I would be up for some of the early classics (Funny Girl, Fiddler on the Roof, there are so many options).

• Like 1

If they axed CATS yesterday, it still wouldn’t be soon enough.

19 hours ago, yogimax said:

For me, I would love to see Grease replaced.  The theme is offensive, especially to women.

Many would disagree with you! 😉

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, AlohaLivin said:

FWIW, it would appear that Royal is walking away from the full Broadway production. 

It was a nice run

23 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Agreed, I was disappointed to find its still in production and still 90 minutes long. 

You do know it used to be over two hours.

And FWIW, Mama Mia is way over two hours