How many individual cruise line forums do you read?

JennKach

Just curious, how many cruise line sub-forums do you read here on Cruise Critic? For me personally I tend to just read the “next up” which happens to be NCL right now. I also follow the Roll Call and applicable Port threads. If a subsequent cruise is on a different line I’ll catch up by binge reading back a year or so to educate myself or catch up if I’ve cruised with them before. Unfortunately I never have two booked at the same time.

I’m surprised by the number of people who chime in on NCL threads but say they don’t ever cruise NCL, or haven’t in many years, or will never again. Maybe if I had more time I’d visit other sub-forums, but I think I’d get information overload!

Generally the same for me. I always read the forum associated with the cruise line I am next cruising on. I do look at roll call forums and port forums as well, but only for those I have a trip booked for. Sometimes, I'll check out others if I am thinking of cruising with them again, but otherwise, not really. And sadly, others I find so unpleasant that I avoid them entirely.

I always read NCL since most of our cruises have been on NCL. I occasionally read HAL and once in awhile Oceania in case we cruise again on either of those lines. Lately I've been reading Princess since we're thinking about a 2018 Princess itinerary.

When we're booked on a cruise I participate in the Roll Call and read posts in the appropriate Ports of Call forum.

I read the forums for cruise lines I have cruised on previously, or have a cruise scheduled on regularly. If I am considering a different cruise line, I look at that forum. However, I don't reply to threads if I don't know the answer, or will stipulate that things might have changed.

I check my Subsribed Threads to follow up/on recent posts, visiting the NCL (and since a while the Celebrity) boards after that and sometimes the local ports of call board for Europe, Amsterdam to see if I can be of assistance. And once in a while the Private Islands boards! :)

I check the forums of cruise lines I've sailed with or going to. NCL, Carnival (though I doubt I'd sail with them again), RCCL, MSC, and Celebrity. Once in a while I might go onto Princess, but never post on them.

I read the ones I have cruised on and the ones I am thinking for cruising on but focus on the forum of the cruise

I have coming up. Right not that is only three boards. What amazes me is the very different personalities each board has.

Just curious, how many cruise line sub-forums do you read here on Cruise Critic? For me personally I tend to just read the “next up” which happens to be NCL right now. I also follow the Roll Call and applicable Port threads. If a subsequent cruise is on a different line I’ll catch up by binge reading back a year or so to educate myself or catch up if I’ve cruised with them before. Unfortunately I never have two booked at the same time. I’m surprised by the number of people who chime in on NCL threads but say they don’t ever cruise NCL, or haven’t in many years, or will never again. Maybe if I had more time I’d visit other sub-forums, but I think I’d get information overload!

You are able to binge read because you can, because there are subforums for specific cruise lines.

I tend to click on "New Posts" above and if a thread catches my fancy, will post on it. I don't necessarily look to see where that thread is located at.

I do this, meaning I get a sampling of all the boards (and all the cruise lines).

But I also don't believe in being "loyal" to a gigantic corporation, so I'm always interested in trying a new product (cruise).

NCL was the first cruise line I sailed, and I'm still using up some cruise deposit certificates, so I'm probably here on average more often. I actually prefer Princess, but they never seem to be running the itineraries I want when I want them. (My next GA sailing would have been on the Crown Princess instead if it hadn't sold out before I spotted it.)

I read the forums for cruise lines I have cruised on previously, or have a cruise scheduled on regularly. If I am considering a different cruise line, I look at that forum. However, I don't reply to threads if I don't know the answer, or will stipulate that things might have changed.

Above is exactly the same for me. :D

I usually read NCL unless there is some kind of disaster on another line, then I like to read on the ship reports. Don't plan to cruise any other lines until I exhaust the NCL itineraries, maybe then I will read others.

I usually read NCL unless there is some kind of disaster on another line, then I like to read on the ship reports. Don't plan to cruise any other lines until I exhaust the NCL itineraries, maybe then I will read others.

Same Here.

I generally read Carnival and who ever my next cruise is on. That is Royal now. I will probably never (never say never) go on a Carnival cruise again but that forum is very busy and you can find good info if you ignore the rest. Sometimes, like today, hit NCL, Princess and Celebrity. Also "Ask a cruise question and the Fashion one I hit too.

If I am on my phone I just automatically go to the current posts and that's how I started reading the Fashion (sorry don't remember the name) board. So to make a short story long. Carnival, NCL, RCCI, Princess generally