American Airlines changed flights

DRS/NC

Do I dare try to make an 11:05 am flight out of Seattle on 5/27? The flight to Seattle was also changed to 2 hrs. earlier, but we'll probably take it anyway.

Without notification, American has changed their 1:05 pm flight to 11:05 am. [Are they trying to anger cruise passengers on purpose? Or just fill their late evening flight?] :mad:

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get thru customs/immigration in Seattle after the ship docks? If we (DD, SIL, me) have a car service waiting to take us to Sea-Tac, are we apt to make it?

Do I dare try to make an 11:05 am flight out of Seattle on 5/27? The flight to Seattle was also changed to 2 hrs. earlier, but we'll probably take it anyway.

Without notification, American has changed their 1:05 pm flight to 11:05 am. [Are they trying to anger cruise passengers on purpose? Or just fill their late evening flight?] :mad:

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get thru customs/immigration in Seattle after the ship docks? If we (DD, SIL, me) have a car service waiting to take us to Sea-Tac, are we apt to make it?

My experience with changed flight times - we were notified that our flight time had changed. And were asked if we accepted the change. I know to say "no" when this happens. If it doesn't work for you, you just say that flight/connection doesn't work. In most cases the airline is supposed to work with you to find an acceptable flight, even if it means putting you on a different airline (which is what happened in our case).

Unfortunately, many people, when asked if they accept the change, think that they have no recourse when an airline changes things, and just say "yes". Once you say "yes" you're pretty much out of luck.

I don't have any experience with making a flight from SEATAC at that time but I do have experiences with airlines making changes.

I've contacted the airline (including AA) and nicely explained that the earlier flight would not work because of our plans including a cruise. They've always worked with me to get a flight that works for us even if it requires rerouting our journey home.

Give AA a call & they should be able to provide a flight that works for you. It's not only AA but all airlines who unfortunately make flight changes but too often they fail to notify passengers.

Unfortunately, many airlines are "not" code-sharing anymore. That makes it slightly harder to find a partner flight time to change to. But yes, as a passenger you have the right to reject their offer for an earlier flight. You are much better off not rushing to get to SEA-TAC. I hope your connects work out so that you will arrive "home" in a timely fashion. Good Luck

Since that is a two hour difference you do not have to accept it. Call the airline and explain, asking for an earlier flight. We have been successful in doing that when the flight change caused a significant problem.

I was told by JetBlue that even if they make a 5 minute change, passengers don't have to accept it and are eligible for a full refund. So you should search to see what your options are before calling AA, and if AA won't work to transfer your booking to another airline or flight that you like you can cancel your AA flight with no penalty, and rebook with another airline (assuming that hasn't become too expensive in the interim)

Since that is a two hour difference you do not have to accept it. Call the airline and explain, asking for an earlier flight. We have been successful in doing that when the flight change caused a significant problem.

Did you mean "later"

I had Delta change a 2.5 hour flight from Sacramento to Fairbanks. It was suddenly an 18 hour or so flight from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul, to Fairbanks. WHAT??? I called and got it fixed to a better flight and then, a month or so later, the original flight was reinstated. Airlines are freaking bizarre and do not care at all about the passengers who book their flights. Best of luck.

Note: Delta just changed my flight for this coming October. No notice because it's "too far out" for them to bother notifying me. GAH!!!

I had Delta change a 2.5 hour flight from Sacramento to Fairbanks. It was suddenly an 18 hour or so flight from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul, to Fairbanks. WHAT??? I called and got it fixed to a better flight and then, a month or so later, the original flight was reinstated. Airlines are freaking bizarre and do not care at all about the passengers who book their flights. Best of luck.

Note: Delta just changed my flight for this coming October. No notice because it's "too far out" for them to bother notifying me. GAH!!!

I'm laughing at your routing only because I have a change on American. I am now flying West Palm Beach to Philadelphia to Charlotte to Seattle to Fairbanks. It will be a long day for us if I can't get it changed.

First of all....yes you can make the 11am flight no problem. Do walk off self disembarkation. Call Uber for ride to airport.

Also, exact same thing happened to me. I first looked for the flight I wanted. Cheaptickets dot com is a great way to find different flights......but they won't show southwest or jetblue. I then called saying you changed to 11am but cruise line says not to schedule any flights before 11:30. No problem ...fixed to flight I suggested.

Thanks, everyone!

AA & I are going to have a stern talk later this afternoon!

I'm still a bit surprised that they have such lousy service/schedules out of Seattle during the busy summer/cruise season.

For your cruise 11:30 is the earliest flight time that Princess recommends and their published times usually do have a little fluff in them. As others have recommended, call AA and ask them to reschedule you if you're uncomfortable with a flight that early. I've done that multiple times with United when they have schedule changes that are not to my liking. And if you do go the refund route, make sure you have other options that aren't more expensive than the one you originally booked. Good luck!

Thanks, everyone!

AA & I are going to have a stern talk later this afternoon!

I'm still a bit surprised that they have such lousy service/schedules out of Seattle during the busy summer/cruise season.

I hope your talk with AA went as well as mine. I waited until today to call as I knew they were all busy with storm changes last week. I also knew I had a better chance of my call being routed to a stateside call center. I spoke with two lovely women and now have decent flights with better timing. Just getting too old to sweat the issue of changing planes in 30 minutes. Also now flying PBI-PHL-SEA-FAI. Only three flights instead of four. Very happy here

You don't have to accept the change, refund.

We have had flight times changed before. Last time on a return flight, they put us on a 6:30AM flight. We weren't due to be off the ship until 8am :). We just called AA and said that doesn't work for us and they gladly searched for a flight that better fit our needs.

Once we had booked a 5:30AM flight to save money, they changed us to an 8AM. I was glad to have a couple extra hours of sleep.

We have had flight times changed before. Last time on a return flight, they put us on a 6:30AM flight. We weren't due to be off the ship until 8am :). We just called AA and said that doesn't work for us and they gladly searched for a flight that better fit our needs.

Once we had booked a 5:30AM flight to save money, they changed us to an 8AM. I was glad to have a couple extra hours of sleep.

One suggestion that worked well for me was to search the airline's schedule before calling them to locate my best alternative flight.

Then I know my options although not every flight may have availability although I prefer to first search for my better fit for our needs. ;)

I was told by JetBlue that even if they make a 5 minute change, passengers don't have to accept it and are eligible for a full refund. So you should search to see what your options are before calling AA, and if AA won't work to transfer your booking to another airline or flight that you like you can cancel your AA flight with no penalty, and rebook with another airline (assuming that hasn't become too expensive in the interim)

Delta changed our flight leaving Seattle 5/20 from 2PM to 11:30AM.