Walking around the ships with plates of food

Assumption was unnecessary; merely deduction (and my trusting that your comments were not deliberately​ obtuse).

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Assumption was unnecessary; merely deduction (and my trusting that your comments were not deliberately​ obtuse).

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Very observant.

New plan for my upcoming cruise:

I will walk round the ship in my robe placing towels on every sunbed I see while wearing a big hat saying 'I am not going to tip' and smoking a large cigar and chowing down on a tray of smelly food with lots of sauce.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Never knew plated food was a bug bear for some (although I understand why people get annoyed with hallway plates)

LOL

(where's the like button) :halo:

I will walk round the ship in my robe placing towels on every sunbed I see while wearing a big hat saying 'I am not going to tip' and smoking a large cigar and chowing down on a tray of smelly food with lots of sauce.

Never knew plated food was a bug bear for some (although I understand why people get annoyed with hallway plates)

Be sure to have the boom box going as you walk around!!! ;)

Make sure to also wear your loyalty pin on your robe and your card on a lanyard around your neck.

I think that titling the thread as "walking around the ship" is misleading since the OP seems to only be referring to the elevator. Those folks are probably taking food to cabin, not walking around the ship with it.

Oh! Now I see. Thanks for pointing it out.

I thought OP was discussing some sort of power-walking: carrying two heavily loaded plates all around the ship to up the exercise ante a bit.

I commented on this thread originally because I take something on to the elevator back to my cabin every day. In the morning you might see me with a coffee and a small plate with something sweet for me darling wife. In the afternoon, it may be a plate with some cookies or maybe cheese, crackers, with veggies or fruit to enjoy on our balcony. I do not cover my plate. It is no one else's business what I do. And I fail to understand why a certain busy body concerns himself with it. And if I have struck a raw nerve, as my father used to say, "If the shoe fits, wear it!"

We sometimes bring back a Cooke of cheese plate to enjoy on our balcony. Or cups of hot tea before we turn in for the night.

What gets me is....Room service or self-brought....you Do Not have to dump your dirty dishes and left over, half eaten food on the floor in the corridor outside your cabin for all of us to look at for hours. Your steward will remove same from inside your cabin when he/she services your cabin.

Icky seeing half eaten food and dirty dishes in the corridor.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

I love eating on our balcony instead of in a crowded dining area. In the mornings I usually bring a tray of coffee/juice/pastries down to our cabin for everyone. I'm the first one up, so I sit out there for a while and enjoy the peace and quiet, then the family joins me as they wake up and they know I'm probably out there with a breakfast snack. Beautiful way to start the day with my family, really. Lunch I like bringing a wrapped burrito or something and a drink down to the balcony and reading a book. Beautiful way to spend a bit of time by myself while the rest of the family are elsewhere :-D

That being said, I don't know I often had people in the lifts with me... maybe I'm going at odd times or in less populated lifts?

I also will usually go up in the AM to get coffee a light breakfast to bring back to enjoy on our balcony. Before retiring we can's always predict what time we'll get up, so ordering room service for breakfast the night prior doesn't always work. And room service coffee is not very good and the breakfast options are not so much to our liking. We're usually early risers, so more often than not there isn't anyone else in the elevator with me.

That's what I do. Sometimes they let me into the Windjammer when there are no tables available, so I am walking around with a plate of food and nowhere to sit. Sometimes I just want to take some food to go for a snack later when the Windjammer is not open. Sometimes I just want to eat in my room. I wish that they would provide plate covers but I suppose they don't want to encourage that.

Edit to note that when I take food out of MDR or a specialty restaurant they give me covers. It's the Windjammer that doesn't seem to.

They do have "food cover's" you just have to ask a wait staff for one...they don't just leave them out ;)

I always go to the windjammer and fill up on food for our cabin stewards! They don't get to eat the same food we do and they truly appreciate it and share with their coworkers,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd be shocked if the room stewards welcome eating your stale left-overs, much less carry them back down to their own cabins to share with friends. "Hi, pals. Here's some food from a random stranger that came from the buffet. I can't tell you who handled it, how long it sat out, or whether it was kept refrigerated. Enjoy!" I have, however, always known the staff to be friendly and to be, or pretend to be, appreciative of any gift.

When I was on Allure, a lady got on the elevator with me with 3 huge plates of breakfast food just heaped high, including donuts from the donut shop, waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, 20 strips of bacon, hash browns, toast, yogurt, fruit and other stuff she had gotten in the buffet and I think some kind of smoothie from the Vitality Spa Cafe. Anyway, I said, "Wow! You must be hungry!" she said "It's for my teenage son. He's still in bed but wants breakfast." (?????????????????????????????)

When I was on Allure, a lady got on the elevator with me with 3 huge plates of breakfast food just heaped high, including donuts from the donut shop, waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, 20 strips of bacon, hash browns, toast, yogurt, fruit and other stuff she had gotten in the buffet and I think some kind of smoothie from the Vitality Spa Cafe. Anyway, I said, "Wow! You must be hungry!" she said "It's for my teenage son. He's still in bed but wants breakfast." (?????????????????????????????)

We were on a cruise with the kids several years ago. We would go up to the buffet to get appetisers to eat on our aft balconies. A little fruit, some crackers and cheese. My 15 year old, at the time, got two complete dinners to eat as appetisers. He's still rail thin at 21. :eek:

We were on a cruise with the kids several years ago. We would go up to the buffet to get appetisers to eat on our aft balconies. A little fruit, some crackers and cheese. My 15 year old, at the time, got two complete dinners to eat as appetisers. He's still rail thin at 21. :eek:

this thread is giving me great ideas. i admit i never considered bringing back platters of things like cheese/cookies etc that will last a few hours. i do like to snack in my room

this thread is giving me great ideas. i admit i never considered bringing back platters of things like cheese/cookies etc that will last a few hours. i do like to snack in my room

Now that Royal Caribbean is charging $8.00 for room service, this thread has come in handy.

Burt

A few cruises ago I got so sunburned, and sick, that I fell asleep right after getting back on the ship and I didn't wake up until the next morning. My mom did not want to leave me alone for very long, so she got dinner on Lido and brought it back to the room. I have occasionally grabbed dessert and taken it back to my room. I don't feel that there are more germs in the elevators or hallways than are in the dining room or at the buffet.

Just amazes me how many people worry about other people getting exposed to germs.

Me too. I'm also astonished to read about people who, on entering their stateroom for the first time, immediately wipe everything down with anti-bacterial wipes.

Really? We never do and have never contracted anything through this kind of contact.

Me too. I'm also astonished to read about people who, on entering their stateroom for the first time, immediately wipe everything down with anti-bacterial wipes. Really? We never do and have never contracted anything through this kind of contact.
It seems that way perhaps but really how do we know? Some folks never get sick and some folks get sick a lot, depending to a great extent on their genetics and patterns of previous exposure, so tracking any real link there may be between germy accommodations and sickness may be impracticable. Of course, the anti-bacterial approach is counter-productive in the long-run: It is avoidance of these vectors that increases the likelihood to get sick from them: The "cure" is what causes the "disease".