Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I just put a 24 hour hold on the Equinox for Dec.2018. I had no problem using Chrome doing the reservation, but I have 2 total charges coming up. The first is on the reservation after adding everything I want. Then there is another big total at the bottom of the page that is $100.00 more. I've never seen this on any cruise line, including X. Does anyone know what this is about?

I don't think Celebrity's site is that bad...

I just searched on the site with the following filters:

1- May, 2018

2- Europe

3- Amsterdam

Resulting cruises - 5

2 for Alaska

1 for New Zealand

2 for Bahamas

[emoji44] this made my day. Thank you for the gafaw

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1- May, 2018

2- Europe

3- Amsterdam

Resulting cruises - 5

2 for Alaska

1 for New Zealand

2 for Bahamas

Recent Celeb tweet

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously enhancing our new website experience to be more engaging and intuitive.3:57 PM · Jun 19, 2017

Maybe website IT intuition was that you'd prefer other ports!

You know, what's really sad is that Celebrity's website is so screwed up that we now have a support group going here on Cruise Critic to help each other figure out how to navigate it and maybe get a booking or two done. That alone speaks volumes and should be a major embarrassment to the suits at Celebrity.

If the Titanic had been a Celebrity ship, the announcement after hitting the iceberg would've been "No reason to panic folks, we've just stopped to take on some ice"

I just put a 24 hour hold on the Equinox for Dec.2018. I had no problem using Chrome doing the reservation, but I have 2 total charges coming up. The first is on the reservation after adding everything I want. Then there is another big total at the bottom of the page that is $100.00 more. I've never seen this on any cruise line, including X. Does anyone know what this is about?

ummmm additional profit? That would be my guess.

1- May, 2018

2- Europe

3- Amsterdam

Resulting cruises - 5

2 for Alaska

1 for New Zealand

2 for Bahamas

Love it! I had the same experience. Different filters but totally unrelated cruises. Just gave up. Don't see how anyone could possibly book a cruise on Celebrity these days.

Two days ago I was looking at a cruise I have booked for October. I noticed that the bed configuration was undefined, so I selected "beds together" and saved changes. My outstanding balance increased by about $300. The next day it still showed the higher amount, so I called Captains Club. After some investigation it was determined that the cruise was repriced without a loyalty promo in effect when I booked it. I asked the agent how such a benign change could cause the cruise to be repriced and she said she has seen cases where changing from late to early dining has caused a similar problem. To add insult to injury, the bed configuration had not been changed and the agent had to do it.

Beware making changes of any type on the website.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

I am new to Celebrity and got totally confused trying to find out stuff for our cruise. One example is it possible to download the excursions for my cruise?

Having said that, I searched another cruise, got flights, transfers and hotel on one simple visit. That was really excellent.

I wish that every company that wants to change their website to their customers, would ask some of their customers to try it out before the roll it out to the public. Too many times, companies think things are great and easier for their customers, when in fact it makes doing business with them much, much more difficult on their website.

Celebrity did this. I was contacted and evaluated their proposed new web format and functionality before it went live. I told them it was terrible and to leave well enough alone. They obviously didn't listen to me.

Just tried the Celebrity site, it won't let me do anything. No drop down menus work and it won't let me log in. Anyone else experience this?

Yes. Exactly the same. Earlier I got drop downs but when searching the screen just went blank. Hopefully someone is working on it!

Just tried the Celebrity site, it won't let me do anything. No drop down menus work and it won't let me log in. Anyone else experience this?

Just tried it on IE, Chrome and Edge and same results. Page loads, then nothing works. I tried the link to the old site and everything works. Quite an improvement!:eek:

I am new to Celebrity and got totally confused trying to find out stuff for our cruise. One example is it possible to download the excursions for my cruise?

Having said that, I searched another cruise, got flights, transfers and hotel on one simple visit. That was really excellent.

You are incredibly blessed and should stop posting and immediately buy lottery tickets!;p

Why all the negativity? I for one LOVE the website. I just got off the site looking to book a March cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. I set the date/departure port filters and Voila.... Alaska Cruises in June.

:loudcry: