Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Tried to log on. Tells me wrong sign on. Sign on this screen and same sign on accepted. Go to access reservation and need to enter sign on again. Go to manage reservation, review cruise and then look for cruise for 2018. Logs me out. Cannot get back in for 20 minutes for security reason. Finally get back in look for Caribbean cruises and get Alaska. I would think after all the problems Queen Lisa would put some type of message out of steps being taken to correct site.

You would THINK that Celebrity would chime in and say something, like "Hang in there. We are working on it"

This what Celebrity Cruises spokesperson Posted on

April 27th, 2017, at 12:34 PM on the “New Look on Celebrity Website”

thread:

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

I think the spokesperson is to embarrassed or ashamed to post on this thread !!!!!!!!

Website is terrible! I hate it-- so frustrating. Multiple problem paying my balance, checking on beverage package and booking specialty restaurant. Celebrity agents say they are "working on the issues". They shoukd be embarrassed by the sitauation. Really awful that I need to call for anything needed.

I know I've posted this link before, but thought I'd post it again for newcomers to this thread. Clear your cookies and cache, then use this link to the old site. It has saved me from smashing my computer screen in frustration more than once since they unleashed the new monstrosity.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Unless they are messing around with it, which they occasionally do, it mostly works.

Except, when you try to follow a link, you get the message: This page no longer exists.

Except, when you try to follow a link, you get the message: This page no longer exists.

Ugh!!!They must be messing with it. I also bookmarked the old site and after clearing cookies and cache chose an incognito window before going to the old site.

You would THINK that Celebrity would chime in and say something, like "Hang in there. We are working on it"

Ya think?:eek:...that would just be too logical and have too much common sense for an I.T. Dept.......:rolleyes:....

Website is terrible! I hate it-- so frustrating. Multiple problem paying my balance, checking on beverage package and booking specialty restaurant. Celebrity agents say they are "working on the issues". They shoukd be embarrassed by the sitauation. Really awful that I need to call for anything needed.

I don't feel badly about calling. Whenever I have tried to do anything on my own I either can't, or I think it's done and then it isn't. Maybe if enough people call it will impel them to speed up the fixing.

I know I've posted this link before, but thought I'd post it again for newcomers to this thread. Clear your cookies and cache, then use this link to the old site. It has saved me from smashing my computer screen in frustration more than once since they unleashed the new monstrosity.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Unless they are messing around with it, which they occasionally do, it mostly works.

Thank for you this. This morning I couldn't figure how to get to my existing reservations to purchase a shore excursion. This link worked perfectly for me. I did have to delete the celebrity cookie again to get back into the regular site again.

The new website might be fine if you have a really good idea of what you're looking for, but so frustrating if you're just shopping around. Here is how it just went for me. I documented each step as I worked through it:

I am looking for some short cruises in the Caribbean in Nov/Dec. It says there are 26 of them that matches my search but it only shows me only 5 and I have to "load more", so now I see 10. Ugh! I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page 6 times to see all 26! OK, I don't want a cruise so close to Christmas, so I decide sort by date. So now it is showing me only 5 again! :rolleyes: Sigh. I have to hit "load more" a few times until I get to the dates that look good for me.

At this point, I see only the titles of the cruise ("Ultimate Caribbean" for example) with no idea where it goes, so I have to click on "Itinerary Details" to see which ports it goes to. OK, I see I've been to those ports before, so I want to go back to find a different one. These is no "back to results" link so I just hit the "back" button on my browser ... guess what I see now? Only 5 cruises displayed AND no longer sorted by date. :mad: So I have to change the sorting and hit "load more" 6 times to get back to where I was!! Every time I look to see where a cruise goes to, I have to go through this again!!

This is crazy, so I go to the refine button and choose 6-9 day cruises only and so now only 14 to choose from but it's showing me the first 5 again, "load more" twice each time. I find another cruise that looks interesting... eh, maybe, let me look at another one. I hit the back button to go back to the list... What??? It says there are 26 cruises to choose from again? And of course it is showing me the only first 5... :loudcry:

I think I might forward this scenario to Celebrity because this is ridiculous. I love Celebrity and once my blood pressure goes back down again I will try again, but a new customer might not.

Sue

I am totally frustrated at the time I have wasted trying to get our On-Line check-in completed for our up and coming back to back cruises. I get 1 nearly done then the site crashes, when I try to log back in I'm informed that I cannot get back into my account for another 20 minutes, this is day 3 of me trying to get this completed - Celebrity need to get this sorted, the exact same thing happened last year when I was trying to complete online check in for our cruise to Abu Dhabi.:(

Thank for you this. This morning I couldn't figure how to get to my existing reservations to purchase a shore excursion. This link worked perfectly for me. I did have to delete the celebrity cookie again to get back into the regular site again.

The new website might be fine if you have a really good idea of what you're looking for, but so frustrating if you're just shopping around. Here is how it just went for me. I documented each step as I worked through it:

I am looking for some short cruises in the Caribbean in Nov/Dec. It says there are 26 of them that matches my search but it only shows me only 5 and I have to "load more", so now I see 10. Ugh! I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page 6 times to see all 26! OK, I don't want a cruise so close to Christmas, so I decide sort by date. So now it is showing me only 5 again! :rolleyes: Sigh. I have to hit "load more" a few times until I get to the dates that look good for me.

At this point, I see only the titles of the cruise ("Ultimate Caribbean" for example) with no idea where it goes, so I have to click on "Itinerary Details" to see which ports it goes to. OK, I see I've been to those ports before, so I want to go back to find a different one. These is no "back to results" link so I just hit the "back" button on my browser ... guess what I see now? Only 5 cruises displayed AND no longer sorted by date. :mad: So I have to change the sorting and hit "load more" 6 times to get back to where I was!! Every time I look to see where a cruise goes to, I have to go through this again!!

This is crazy, so I go to the refine button and choose 6-9 day cruises only and so now only 14 to choose from but it's showing me the first 5 again, "load more" twice each time. I find another cruise that looks interesting... eh, maybe, let me look at another one. I hit the back button to go back to the list... What??? It says there are 26 cruises to choose from again? And of course it is showing me the only first 5... :loudcry:

I think I might forward this scenario to Celebrity because this is ridiculous. I love Celebrity and once my blood pressure goes back down again I will try again, but a new customer might not.

Sue

Thank you for sharing, bottom line is the site is not user friendly for the majority of us. Usually after 30 frustrating minutes on the site I take a aspirin :eek:

I am totally frustrated at the time I have wasted trying to get our On-Line check-in completed for our up and coming back to back cruises. I get 1 nearly done then the site crashes, when I try to log back in I'm informed that I cannot get back into my account for another 20 minutes, this is day 3 of me trying to get this completed - Celebrity need to get this sorted, the exact same thing happened last year when I was trying to complete online check in for our cruise to Abu Dhabi.:(

I have been avoiding the online check in. I'm going to hold off for a while to see if the site gets any better. I've had about all of the aggravation with this site that I can stand.

But last year would have been the OLD website, so you really can't blame all of your problems on the updated one.

After you pick dates, where to and embarkation port it will take you to another page. At the top of the next page on the right hand side you will see a tiny pale set of three horizontal lines that says refine. Click on that, it will then offer more choices including shipping. Click on ship, then pick Constellation. They managed to make it very complicated. I've just been using the like to the old site. It's much easier to search accurately.

Thanks. Awkward to use, but it does work.

I logged into the new site to update my profile with new passport info. The site allowed me to put in the passport numbers, but asked for City of Issuance. I had to call US passport so they could decipher the codes. No one would ever be able to figure it out unless the call Passport Agency. Then I noticed the site had my middle name omitted. I tried to hit edit, and then put my middle name into the field, but it would not accept any characters into the box. This is SOOOOOOO frustrating!:confused:

This site is now so useless they have lost at least one cruise from us as our TA is over and we could not get the info we wanted from X so went with another.

We had trouble with online check in on our May AK cruise on the Millie but got through it only to get on board and find we had 2 accounts and the credits were on mine but DH signed for charges/excursions. Lucky we noticed while on board and GR fixed it, but we would have lost a lot of $$$ if we hadn't.

I have an old desktop, really old, and a lap top that is current and can't get the info I want on either, so I guess they don't want us to look at the offerings anymore?

So what happens if you don't use on line check-in??? What if you go to embarkation without your XPress and tell them it wouldn't work online. I know it would hold up the line, but I don't think they aren't going to let you board. Just curious [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums