Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Celebrity's main web page 10am Friday 6/23/17. Can't even get into the site. I've been trying to find a January cruise. Guess I should look elsewhere?

Main%20Celebrity%20web%20page.jpg

it's back, and IDK what they did, but it's bad as ever!

Why all the negativity? I for one LOVE the website. I just got off the site looking to book a March cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. I set the date/departure port filters and Voila.... Alaska Cruises in June.

:loudcry:

That's my favorite. Can't believe the random cruises that pop up. Really tough to look for anything specific. I use a good TA so don't normally deal with all this back end BS, but I usually pick the cruise I want first. Think it's time to branch out. She'll be just as happy to book me on another cruiseline.

That's my favorite. Can't believe the random cruises that pop up. Really tough to look for anything specific. I use a good TA so don't normally deal with all this back end BS, but I usually pick the cruise I want first. Think it's time to branch out. She'll be just as happy to book me on another cruiseline.

I just did the same...checking out other cruise lines. Just had fun on the MSC site. Now about to check out Cunard. We really would like to try them out. :) Even if =X= reads these posts, we are a mere pittance of pax here on CC....

Edited by champagne123

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to say, but I think the new website is even worse than the old website. It's so user unfriendly - with errors and timeouts galore. I have nightmares about the big spinning circle seen whenever I visit the Celebrity website :) . It's almost to the point, where I've given up on the site - but I'm trying my best to hang in there !

As I've said countless times, Celebrity should have invited at least some of their most passionate guests into in the process. I suspect that many of the people involved in the website design, likely have minimal cruise experience - and that makes zero sense to me.

In all honesty, I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I care so much about Celebrity's future success, that I feel *really* bad for them. I suspect they've spent millions of dollars, and what do they have to show for it ? More headaches and unhappy Guests.

Let's hope the site will improve over time.

Boy when Andy gets discouraged, you know it's got to be really bad.

Now I understand why they're going to the paid gourmet burger, taken away the Aqua daily water, charging extra for the canned soft drinks on classic package and moving all the good liquors off the classic package. They have to pay the new guys to fix the old web site. ;)

I just searched on the website with the following filters:

1- Feb, 2018

2- Dubai India

3- Singapore

I hit "Apply" for every selection. These parameters shouldn't provide many options, right?

Resulting cruises - 339

First on the list are a bunch of cruises for Alaska

Then I am provided with cruises for New Zealand

Then for the Bahamas.

Seriously, Celebrity.

One of the best suggestions provided on this thread is that the web designers should be using a user group of experienced and passionate Celebrity cruisers to test the proposed enhancements in their early stages, then also to beta test the results with that group (who really know their way around), and also with a group of new cruisers (who have no idea how to book a cruise).

I cruise a lot, with lots of different cruise lines. This is the worst cruising website I have experienced to date.

Celebrity's main web page 10am Friday 6/23/17. Can't even get into the site. I've been trying to find a January cruise. Guess I should look elsewhere?

Main%20Celebrity%20web%20page.jpg

Oh my, I do believe that is a picture of Celebrity Century; out of the fleet for 7 or 8 years. We are in a time warp!:eek::eek::eek:

I just searched on the website with the following filters:

1- Feb, 2018

2- Dubai India

3- Singapore

I hit "Apply" for every selection. These parameters shouldn't provide many options, right?

Resulting cruises - 339

First on the list are a bunch of cruises for Alaska

Then I am provided with cruises for New Zealand

Then for the Bahamas.

Seriously, Celebrity.

One of the best suggestions provided on this thread is that the web designers should be using a user group of experienced and passionate Celebrity cruisers to test the proposed enhancements in their early stages, then also to beta test the results with that group (who really know their way around), and also with a group of new cruisers (who have no idea how to book a cruise).

I cruise a lot, with lots of different cruise lines. This is the worst cruising website I have experienced to date.

No matter what you put in at the beginning, it comes up 339 cruises. HOWEVER, take one more step. Sort the results by date or by ship. The result is a (sorted) list of just the cruises that match your search parameters. Not right by any means, but a fairly minor glitch that will be readily fixed.

Stan

No matter what you put in at the beginning, it comes up 339 cruises. HOWEVER, take one more step. Sort the results by date or by ship. The result is a (sorted) list of just the cruises that match your search parameters. Not right by any means, but a fairly minor glitch that will be readily fixed.

Stan

Thanks Stan. This worked for me. :)

This is amateur work. The project lead is either incompetent or under direct pressure from management to release despite it's current untested and/or thoroughly broken status. If I didn't have my excursion email receipts I'd be freaking out right now as their website says I have zero excursions booked. C'mon, guys....this is 2017!

I know I've posted this link before, but thought I'd post it again for newcomers to this thread. Clear your cookies and cache, then use this link to the old site. It has saved me from smashing my computer screen in frustration more than once since they unleashed the new monstrosity.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Unless they are messing around with it, which they occasionally do, it mostly works.

Has anyone found how to specify searching for a speciifc ship?

I see how to give months, area of the world and embarkation port, but do not see how to pick a ship.

So far I have been unable to find any trace of Connie sailings for this November using the new web site.

I see how to give months, area of the world and embarkation port, but do not see how to pick a ship.

So far I have been unable to find any trace of Connie sailings for this November using the new web site.

12 Nov and 27 Nov.

Select your date (Nov 2017), all destinations, all ports. SORT the results by SHIP. Constellation shows up on the sorted list as the first two... For Millennium etc you would need to scroll/page further down.

At celebritycruises.com if I scroll down to

Find Your Next Celebrity Cruise

there is a place to pick your ship.

If I pick Constellation and NOV, 2017 to NOV, 2017

it shows:

Arabian Sea And Suez Canal 15 Nights

Sun Nov 12 - Mon Nov 27

and

Arabian Coast Immersion Cruise 10 Nights

Mon Nov 27 - Thu Dec 7

Another way is to click Plan a Cruise, (up at the top left),

and then click Find Your Cruise.

After picking your FROM and TO dates, you need to click ADVANCED SEARCH and select your ship before clicking SEARCH.

I just tried doing it both ways, and both came up with the same 2 Constellation cruises for this November.

Either way, it will show you the cruises just for the ship you select without listing the cruises of all the other ships in the fleet.

Edited by varoo

I know I've posted this link before, but thought I'd post it again for newcomers to this thread. Clear your cookies and cache, then use this link to the old site. It has saved me from smashing my computer screen in frustration more than once since they unleashed the new monstrosity.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Unless they are messing around with it, which they occasionally do, it mostly works.

Thank you, that worked after clearing my Chrome cache. At least now I can see my dining and excursions again on my calendar.

At celebritycruises.com if I scroll down to

Find Your Next Celebrity Cruise

there is a place to pick your ship.

If I pick Constellation and NOV, 2017 to NOV, 2017

it shows:

Arabian Sea And Suez Canal 15 Nights

Sun Nov 12 - Mon Nov 27

and

Arabian Coast Immersion Cruise 10 Nights

Mon Nov 27 - Thu Dec 7

Another way is to click Plan a Cruise, (up at the top left),

and then click Find Your Cruise.

After picking your FROM and TO dates, you need to click ADVANCED SEARCH and select your ship before clicking SEARCH.

I just tried doing it both ways, and both came up with the same 2 Constellation cruises for this November.

Either way, it will show you the cruises just for the ship you select without listing the cruises of all the other ships in the fleet.

This sounds like the old website. I see nothing on the new website that is as you describe.

I see FIND A CRUISE at top left in top tool bar.

Here I choose month August and apply, destination Bermuda and apply...

I get my results as expected.

Next I hit reset on dates and choose August and September 2018, then reset on destination and choose Alaska, 6 results. I hit refine and choose the ship, Solstice and receive 2 itineraries.

For this the website is performing as expected and quickly without glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made my third call to Celebrity this month. This time, I was trying to add cruise care to my reservation. The site said $178.00 per cabin. When I tried to pay, the price went up over $400.00. I called, and the customer rep told me that the price is $119.00 per person. I told her that's fine, but that's not what the website is stating. She said that this was the first time that she had heard of this problem. I then told her that I had called twice before this month, first because the site charged me the wrong price for my final payment, and called again when the site kept deleting my dining reservations. I hope that their IT people are continuing to read this thread.

After you pick dates, where to and embarkation port it will take you to another page. At the top of the next page on the right hand side you will see a tiny pale set of three horizontal lines that says refine. Click on that, it will then offer more choices including shipping. Click on ship, then pick Constellation. They managed to make it very complicated. I've just been using the like to the old site. It's much easier to search accurately.