Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Having heard all the problems, issues etc, and observing the website first hand, we will use Cap Club later today to make final payment for our next cruise.,

The button to order luggage tags has not worked very well or not at all on our last few cruises...so we will also do that through Cap Club closer to the sailing date.. or when we get our e docs????

Not sure what we else will have to do online...hopefully as little as possible. Please remind us of the other items that must be done online...thanks.

Well, since I (and everyone else on this board) am/are so frustrated with X's website, I thought I would look at other lines' offerings. ... I tried Holland America, and, GET THIS - the website won't display more than the first 4 days of an itinerary. You have to guess the rest. ...

I am not sure which website you use for Holland America. I just looked up a cruise we are taking on hollandamerica.com. I clicked on itinerary and there it was, the full itinerary, listed vertically and all on one page.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=E8T14B&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=K867&selectedMeta=Interior&shipId=KO

The problem I have with HAL's site is that to get the final price, you have to do a complete booking, or else you have to add the charges yourself to find your price. What are they afraid of? Any other line when picking out a cabin, they give you the price, incl. taxes and fees. Then you can add your options.

Having heard all the problems, issues etc, and observing the website first hand, we will use Cap Club later today to make final payment for our next cruise.,

The button to order luggage tags has not worked very well or not at all on our last few cruises...so we will also do that through Cap Club closer to the sailing date.. or when we get our e docs????

Not sure what we else will have to do online...hopefully as little as possible. Please remind us of the other items that must be done online...thanks.

Reporting back that making final payment went very well via phone call to Cap Club...very short hold time; they applied the BOA Points as requested and sent us a zero bal due final confirmation...

The reps seem very sympathetic to ongoing website woes.. Guess it's.job security for them but also more work,

Emileg,

https://www.hollandamerica.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=A8G04AR5L&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=V833B&selectedMeta=Interior&shipId=VO

When I browse cruises on HAL's website, I can only view the first 4 days of the itinerary of any cruise. An annoying display requiring my email blocks everything else and I cannot see how to dismiss this display. Let me know if you have better luck. Maybe I should give them a bogus email just to get rid of the visual obstruction, but that just annoys me too much.

h - to be sure, after you make your final payment via phone, nothing more needs to be done at all. Just show up at the port knowing your cabin number and you will get luggage tags there. At the check-in, you can provide your credit card # for on-board expenses.

Then just board and sail.

bon voyage

Emileg,

https://www.hollandamerica.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=A8G04AR5L&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=V833B&selectedMeta=Interior&shipId=VO

When I browse cruises on HAL's website, I can only view the first 4 days of the itinerary of any cruise. An annoying display requiring my email blocks everything else and I cannot see how to dismiss this display. Let me know if you have better luck. Maybe I should give them a bogus email just to get rid of the visual obstruction, but that just annoys me too much.

p - quite possibly, you do not realize, the link you provided is for a sailing which is only four (4) days (which is very quick, overall), which is the reason that is all you will see. There is a timeline below that box, on my screen, which provides for the full land tour/sailing schedule.

As for the email box, there is a red X in the upper right hand corner, on my screen, which when clicked on will dis-miss the box.

bon voyage

h - to be sure, after you make your final payment via phone, nothing more needs to be done at all. Just show up at the port knowing your cabin number and you will get luggage tags there. At the check-in, you can provide your credit card # for on-board expenses.

Then just board and sail.

bon voyage

Thanks for your reply..

..we may try online check in at the time we get the docs...and will call Cap Club for tags...i like them better than ones at the ports.... but no big deal if we miss out...although the port at San Pedro, Ca is not our favorite!

Few things rattle me, but the inexcusably pathetic online "tool" Celebrity provides is ridiculous. I can't effectively access my account, my reservations, or plan shore excursions. They should be embarrassed by their online presence-nothing modern or luxurious about it. I sure hope they don't pay their technology department standard wages-they don't earn it.

It is costing them money. One would think it would be worthwhile to hire outside tech help if whoever is in charge of it can't fix the problems. I cannot access my account either and that is so annoying that I am booking outside excursions whenever possible. When I called Captain's Club, they said they are "aware of the problem" but nothing ever changes.

I am not sure which website you use for Holland America. I just looked up a cruise we are taking on hollandamerica.com. I clicked on itinerary and there it was, the full itinerary, listed vertically and all on one page.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=E8T14B&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=K867&selectedMeta=Interior&shipId=KO

That has always been my experience on the HAL website as well. No problem.

I'm feeling the frustration with the website. When I get it to log me in (sometimes takes a few times) and when I get to my reservations, I can't find my shore excursions...nothing is listed under the "extras". I do have my receipts from Celebrity but is there something I'm missing in order to see them on the website?

Emileg,

Yes, Bo1953 is correct. Your link is for a 4 day cruise. But if you go near the bottom of the page, there is a link to cruises "Also of Interest". Click on one of those and you should see a lengthy itinerary.

I have no desire to hijack this thread. Rather, I think it is okay to compare Celebrity's new website to those of other cruise lines.

On the old Celebrity website, it was easy to do a faux booking in order to determine prices. I haven't had the opportunity to try to do a faux booking on the new website.

I HATE THIS SITE!!!! I log in, the go to my reservations. I click on one of my reservations, then click manage reservation. Then click on cruise planner. That usually freezes, but on the rare occasion it doesn't, I continue and check something out. I them want to check another of my reservations. I exit cruise planner and it asks if I'm sure, I click yes.it then logs me out completely and I have to log in again. What a COLOSSAL MESS!!!!

Is it just me? I live in Massachusetts but recently, when I enter celebritycruises.com in my browser address bar I am now redirected to https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk. This site is a United Kingdom domain and, as a result, my cruise searches are limited to those leaving from Southampton and all prices are in £. Is anyone else getting this?

I have found that when I encounter all these same issues everyone is describing, I go into my History and delete everything related to Celebrity Cruises. This seems to be the trick. Been working for me everytime I reach "frustration point" :-)

Is it just me? I live in Massachusetts but recently, when I enter celebritycruises.com in my browser address bar I am now redirected to https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk. This site is a United Kingdom domain and, as a result, my cruise searches are limited to those leaving from Southampton and all prices are in £. Is anyone else getting this?

Probably just you. I have heard more of the opposite. Have you somehow set your location on your computer to UK?

But even so, you should be able to search for anything, anywhere. Prices may be wonky though.

Also check for malware, clear cache and cookies, or try another browser. If it does it across all browsers, it's getting it from your system. How do you connect? What service provider? If it's got an IP from UK, lots of sites will pick up on that and assume that's where you are. And sometimes the browser picks up what you've set as your location, and gives you stuff based on that.

Probably just you. I have heard more of the opposite. Have you somehow set your location on your computer to UK?

But even so, you should be able to search for anything, anywhere. Prices may be wonky though.

Also check for malware, clear cache and cookies, or try another browser. If it does it across all browsers, it's getting it from your system. How do you connect? What service provider? If it's got an IP from UK, lots of sites will pick up on that and assume that's where you are. And sometimes the browser picks up what you've set as your location, and gives you stuff based on that.

Thanks! Clearing History solved the problem.

I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge and the one thing it did not do was redirect me. Try deleting your cookies and cache and if that doesn't work try an incognito window. The site is a HOT MESS, but at least it doesn't redirect me (YET?!)

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly the link to the old website that's been the fallback to many of us has been retired as of last night. Now we're stuck with the nonfunctional, cumbersome, slow, inaccurate, but pretty new one.(n) They promised to have the new one fully functional by May, then by June,then July, and today they told me August 15th.

I can't edit my insurance policy info on the new website since it will only accept numbers, but my policy has numbers and letters. They know that some passengers from group bookings by some travel agents can't to on line check in. It says Grand Cayman is docked, when it is always tendered, and shows the check in time on my cruise to the Caribbean leaving from Ft. Lauderdale as 8:30 AM PST!!! Everytime I do a search and try to change the ship I want to look at it freezes up. If, while doing a search, I look at an itinerary and try to go back to the previous results page I have to start over. When I log in and hit enter, it takes me to another Log In page, and I have to log in at least 3X before it works. Then I have to click My Reservations, then Manage My Reservations before I get to the place I used to reach automatically simple by entering my user name and password. WHAT A MESS!!!!!!!

It's a real disappointment that the site is not more user friendly and functional. I used to visit the site regularly just to see what's new, but the experience recently has been so frustrating and unappealing that I never use the site now. :(

I'm not an IT person, but from a general business point of view, I don't understand how X can continue to let this happen.

X, Please fix this!

It's a real disappointment that the site is not more user friendly and functional. I used to visit the site regularly just to see what's new, but the experience recently has been so frustrating and unappealing that I never use the site now. :(

I'm not an IT person, but from a general business point of view, I don't understand how X can continue to let this happen.

X, Please fix this!

As posters have stated before, this website is a HOT MESS :eek: If I were a stockholder I would be yelling and screaming, this has to be costing revenue when people can't search for cruises to book.

tried to register for a celebrity meet and mingle from cruise critic website and it takes me to the celebrity website! Cannot even register!

It's supposed to take you to the Celebrity website, where you previously registered for the Cruise Connections party for your cruise. I haven't registered for any new once since the rollout because I can't stand shopping for a new cruise on the site. It's too frustrating. Did you try to sign up?