Have you ever broken anything on the ship?

uncleg

I can't remember if it was the Carnival Fascination or Sensation, but one night while sitting in one of the clubs I went to cross my leg and inadvertently hit the little glass top table sitting in front of me, the top flipped off along with several glasses. I was mortified:eek:. I am a " follow the rules, cause not trouble" kind of guy. I just knew I had bought a table from Carnival, however there was no problem, waiter explained same thing had happened last cruise and the adhesive used to repair table was not working very well. What a relief!!! I did replace the drinks :tropical-drink:of my fellow cruisers.

Many years ago we were cruising on the Carnival Sensation and the cabin bathroom mirrors were on a cabinet door with a strange hinge (probably designed to prevent somebody from pinching their fingers). One day I closed the door, and a toothbrush (inside the medicine cabinet) was partially sticking out between the door and base. As the door closed the toothbrush get squished...and the mirror shattered. As we were later leaving our cabin I found the steward and told him about the accident and he said he would call maintenance. We returned to the cabin 2 hours later and the mirror had already been replaced :).

Hank

Cruising friends of ours woke up in the middle of the night to the flat screen TV in their bedroom crashing to the floor. And as they were in an Owners Suite, it was a 42 inch size. It was clearly not the result of anything they did, but certainly worth mentioning on this thread. Fortunately no injuries but many apologies from the cruise line.

2012, NCL Alaska cruise and cold 60 degree rainy weather. One bar had a martini tasting. DH and I went and there was a table with acrylic lifts with made drinks in glasses and bottles of booze. They proudly announced that the drinks they were serving were NOT full 5oz martinis. They were 3oz. NOT a big difference. They were coming fast and furious. I had had 3 of the 5 when a martini shaker competition started. I joined and DH was filming and soon I had the idea to toss & flip the martini shaker .... you remember the movie Cocktails with Tom Cruise? Yeah, like that. Well up it went, over my head, behind me and wiped out half of the drink glasses and bottles behind me on the table. I RAN to my table. DH was LHAO. After all was done, a woman with a uniform on came over to me and I apologized profusely and asked if she wanted me to pay for the breakage. She laughed and said no, and gave me ...... a coupon for a FREE martini? I asked her if she really thought I needed ANOTHER martini! LOL ...

This board's industry insider mentioned that at Christmas on his ship some passengers decorated their cabin with red adhesive stickers. The stickers had an orange-red dye that seeped into the wall panels. No cleaner on the ship was able to remove it without further damaging the panels. Replacement panels had to be ordered from the German shipyard. One cabin was billed $7500, at least two others $5000.

Not our doing, but our large picture window shattered (on our first cruise, aboard NCL's Windward). We saw it upon returning to our cabin after breakfast. It was fortunately still in place, albeit in a million pieces, and we couldn't see through it.

The Norwegian captain came to our cabin and asked us (with a smile) "Vat did you do to my sheep?!". The window was replaced while we were on our shore excursion that day, and provided no inconvenience to us- just quite a cruise memory! We were surprised to have a bottle of wine and note of apology delivered to us. Btw, it was explained that the window had likely been installed too tightly, and this can happen over time.