Poo-pourri

StormySeas

That is the stupidest product I've ever, EVER seen. Do your business...flush...it's gone. Lord have mercy!

I have zero experience with and zero opinion of Poo Pourri but my life experiences refrains me from calling anyone stupid even if they deserve it. Just sayin'...

this may be a dumb question but I just realized that I might not want to bring my poo-pourri with me on our next cruise. the toilets on a cruise ship do not have standing water like the ones at home. :o Has anyone had any experience with this? should I skip packing this? or is it ok to use?:confused:

We always take a Scentsy air freshener with us when we cruise. It's small & works great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this may be a dumb question but I just realized that I might not want to bring my poo-pourri with me on our next cruise. the toilets on a cruise ship do not have standing water like the ones at home. :o Has anyone had any experience with this? should I skip packing this? or is it ok to use?:confused:

For petes sake, this might be THE most ridiculous post I have ever seen here....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

. I use it at home and travel with it as well. It's a great product.

Donna

I agree. To me, it's better than air freshener because, when used correctly, it prevents odor. I hate the smell of air fresheners. It's definitely a "don't knock it until you've tried it" product. I can understand how people could be skeptical.

We had 4 people in one room on our last cruise. So thankful for Poo-pourri. It works great. Too bad it doesn't work on farts. My son just about killed us with a "silent but deadly" on embarkation day. Even dh, who has almost no sense of smell, had to go sit out on our balcony after that.

OP, I'm glad you got the response you needed, and I'm sorry you had to read all the "crappy" posts.

You can pretty much save any container from leakage and airplane pressure by opening it, then laying a small square of something like Sar*n-wrap on the spout, then closing the container again.

If you want to return with your container and its remainder of contents, keep your little plastic squares clean with bathroom tissue, in a neat stack under your bathroom cupboard aboard the ship, or hotel room.

That is the stupidest product I've ever, EVER seen. Do your business...flush...it's gone. Lord have mercy!

You must be a special breed. Everyone's **** stinks.

It's a good product for home use. No need for it on a cruise though. The bathrooms are well ventilated and clear out in a matter of minutes.

You can pretty much save any container from leakage and airplane pressure by opening it, then laying a small square of something like Sar*n-wrap on the spout, then closing the container again.

If you want to return with your container and its remainder of contents, keep your little plastic squares clean with bathroom tissue, in a neat stack under your bathroom cupboard aboard the ship, or hotel room.

That is a great idea Zephyr, but you would have to poke holes in the little Saran wrap squares to accommodate the siphon tube. But I will keep it mind for other containers.

That is a great idea Zephyr, but you would have to poke holes in the little Saran wrap squares to accommodate the siphon tube. But I will keep it mind for other containers.

No. Take out the tube. The wrap seals the bottle. I may add that a layer of bath tissue is to be added between the layers of wrap. Keep the stack in a ziploc*k. And there you are.

love all the responses. thanks to the people that have used this product on a cruise in the past. DH does not like strong air fresheners but he will use this. and just in case of other....ummm ...strong smells, I have my trusty febreeze!

I agree. To me, it's better than air freshener because, when used correctly, it prevents odor. I hate the smell of air fresheners. It's definitely a "don't knock it until you've tried it" product. I can understand how people could be skeptical.

We had 4 people in one room on our last cruise. So thankful for Poo-pourri. It works great. Too bad it doesn't work on farts. My son just about killed us with a "silent but deadly" on embarkation day. Even dh, who has almost no sense of smell, had to go sit out on our balcony after that.

OP, I'm glad you got the response you needed, and I'm sorry you had to read all the "crappy" posts.

Thanks for the laugh. I'm still chuckling.

The OP is on the cruise before us. Glad to know it's going to be fragrant free!

My experience is that Poo-Pourri does NOT work in cruise ship toilets. Thankfully, I also had a small bottle of Febreze Air Effects with me the last time. Just my experience. :)

Yes to Febreze!

LOVE Febreze air freshener! The mist is so fine it doesn't leave droplets all over your wall like other brands do. ;)

<snip>

<snip>

This is another reason for booking a balcony versus an inside cabin...:D

the toilets on the cruise ships pull the air from the bathroom along with any waste....my family uses the "flush 3-4 times" rule and that usually does the trick. ;)

What on earth is poo pouri?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe it is the same as the product called 'VIPoo' that has recently been advertised on UK TV. I find the ad one of the most annoying around at the moment!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++=====++++++++++++++++

All toilets have standing water, depending on how you sit. If they didn't, well.........

I used the Poo Pourri twice this summer. It works well. Basically, it spreads a film of scented oil over the surface of the water in the toilet. It's not perfect, but it really helps.