Help I can't find my birth certificate and I have no passport

Shak123

We have passports and sailed to St. Bath's with HAL at least twice. While, we did use the passports for check in for each cruise, I do no recall using them g oing on our our visits ashore in St. Bart's.

St. Barth's apparently relies upon the ships/boats transporting passengers. I recall taking a catamaran from Oyster Pond on St. Maarten, as well as Maasdam, to St. Barth's - in both cases you had to show passports before boarding. So, it seems that St. Barth's has the comfort of controlled access without the cost of doing it themselves

St. Barth's apparently relies upon the ships/boats transporting passengers. I recall taking a catamaran from Oyster Pond on St. Maarten, as well as Maasdam, to St. Barth's - in both cases you had to show passports before boarding. So, it seems that St. Barth's has the comfort of controlled access without the cost of doing it themselves

NBT, I think you are likely correct. , ac tually I am sure you have to be. :)

Actually, it's by cruise line. Carnival let's you skate away without a Passport. Royal Caribbean requires ALL passengers to have a passport. Information can be found via their websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RC does not require a passport for closed loop itineraries. They require a government issued identification and original birth certificate.

I have not been on Carnival and cannot comment on their policies.

RC does not require a passport for closed loop itineraries. They require a government issued identification and original birth certificate.

I have not been on Carnival and cannot comment on their policies.

Hmm, you may want to check RCL's website again.

Don't know why anyone wouldn't want a Passport to add stamps in.

Our birth certificates are very old. :D I don't believe they could hold up to all the use of traveling. Passports are so much more convenient.

Yes, passports are far more convenient but if youu are so inclined, it is easy fof yu o gtgo orddxer ner birth ceriticates, seeigf yo have no stress if I am correct in thinking you, indeed have passports.

... but if youu are so inclined, it is easy fof yu o gtgo orddxer ner birth ceriticates ...

Not sure what you are saying here, but if you're saying it is easy to order birth certificates, even though that is true, not always timely.

For me to order a birth certificate will take 12-16 weeks to get it. Evidently the office is understaffed and older certificates are not computerized so it requires checking archives.

Vitalchek couldn't get mine so that was a waste of $55!!

Luckily I have a passport, first gotten more than 35 years ago. But somewhere along the line my birth certificate was misplaced so I recently tried to get another copy.

Edited by NMLady

Yes, passports are far more convenient but if youu are so inclined, it is easy fof yu o gtgo orddxer ner birth ceriticates, seeigf yo have no stress if I am correct in thinking you, indeed have passports.[/quote]

Oh yea. We've been using passports since 1991.

Hmm, you may want to check RCL's website again.

Don't know why anyone wouldn't want a Passport to add stamps in.

A link to RC was provided below (post # 59) a passport is not required on a closed loop Caribbean cruise.

You don't get a stamps in your passport on a Caribbean cruise.

A link to RC was provided below (post # 59) a passport is not required on a closed loop Caribbean cruise.

You don't get a stamps in your passport on a Caribbean cruise.

Sure you can. Just spend all your time in port getting those special souvenir stamps.

I did not know you could do this. I wouldn't do it but good to know for those who may want to.

Thank you for the information...

I was not serious. Anything but an official immigration stamp can invalidate your passport. I don't understand why anyone would do this.

• 1 year later...

Fissywood Thank you for your post you have made me cry! I tore my house apart today searching and could only find the copies I made of our birth certificates I made on a cruise in 2012. We sail Saturday and I was thinking oh crap I gotta drive to Florida 12 hrs to get mine. I was in full panic mode not wanting to tell my husband how bad I screwed up ! I searched on google Help ! And your post came right up ! Bless you! Bahamas here we come! 

Oh and to just be sure yes i called carnival and i even called the port we were leaving on and talked to the man in charge of saying yes or no. He was a great help. As long as it is not the hospitals mother copies with you foot prints on it you are go to go ! all your departure port and ask ! Now this was just to Bahamas !

On 9/5/2017 at 8:39 AM, 6rugrats said:

I was not serious. Anything but an official immigration stamp can invalidate your passport. I don't understand why anyone would do this.

Maybe because they read about doing it on a website where someone was joking about it and took it seriously because the joker gave no indication it was a joke?  Just spitballin' here.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up the copies were fine no problems ! But next time we will plan ahead and have a passport. This last cruise was a last minute decision. When my son said he decided to propose to his gf on the ship as a surprise we’ll we just couldn’t miss that ! By the way the cruise was great ! 

• Thanks 1