class of cabin upgrade

jojo1966

hi

maybe a silly question but with the one room upgrade thing through captains club...do the cabin levels go up just as they appear when youre looking at prices online? ie the category below a 1A is actually a SV rather than a 1B? and 1b is actually a level lower than 2A??so the more expensive the cabin, the higher category it is? trying to decide which category to book if i then want to get the discounted price for the cabin below?

cheers

It's not a one category upgrade - i.e. Veranda to Concierge. It's a one level upgrade within the category. Actually, I think it's more like a one category price downgrade.

You can book a C1 room at a C2 price. But you can't book a C1 and expect an 'upgrade' to A3.

FV and SV only have one class (I think), so no upgrades.

I hope I have this right, and if so, that it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a one category upgrade - i.e. Veranda to Concierge. It's a one level upgrade within the category. Actually, I think it's more like a one category price downgrade.

You can book a C1 room at a C2 price. But you can't book a C1 and expect an 'upgrade' to A3.

FV and SV only have one class (I think), so no upgrades.

I hope I have this right, and if so, that it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C1 cabins are also excluded.

Was just about to say that you wouldn't as C1s are excluded from the upgrade, together with a few other categories (FV, SV, 12, suites etc.) and holiday sailings.

From the website:

ONE-CATEGORY UPGRADE

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 (subject to exclusions above) on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®, Celebrity Xperience℠ and Celebrity Xploration℠. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Well, now I feel stupid. I knew to ask about the upgrade when I booked my Aqua class. Not necessary as the rep. pointed it out. What I didn't realize is that it applied to all categories. So, when I booked my daughter (also an elite) into an OV on deck 3 this week it could have been on 7?

Anyone have any success in getting upgraded after the fact?

Thanks!

Sheal

Well, now I feel stupid. I knew to ask about the upgrade when I booked my Aqua class. Not necessary as the rep. pointed it out. What I didn't realize is that it applied to all categories. So, when I booked my daughter (also an elite) into an OV on deck 3 this week it could have been on 7?

Anyone have any success in getting upgraded after the fact?

Thanks!

Sheal

I have gotten the upgrade after the fact but because the category that was one step up wasn't available at the time I booked. It is probably still doable if you get the right agent but I would much rather have a cabin on deck 3 midship than all the way forward on deck 7 any day. That's just me, though.

I have gotten the upgrade after the fact but because the category that was one step up wasn't available at the time I booked. It is probably still doable if you get the right agent but I would much rather have a cabin on deck 3 midship than all the way forward on deck 7 any day. That's just me, though.

I have gotten the one category upgrade after booking 3 times. We use a big online TA and I can't believe it, but I forgot to mention it and each time they were able to upgrade after the booking. One time 6 months passed before I remembered that I forgot!:o

Was just about to say that you wouldn't as C1s are excluded from the upgrade, together with a few other categories (FV, SV, 12, suites etc.) and holiday sailings.

From the website:

ONE-CATEGORY UPGRADE

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 (subject to exclusions above) on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®, Celebrity Xperience℠ and Celebrity Xploration℠. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

There is an additional restriction that some are not aware of. Using Aqua Class as an example, you cannot book a higher level A1 cabin at the lower level A2 cabin rate if there are no available A2 cabins at the time of booking.

I ran into this earlier this year. I had seen a CC posting that mentioned an outstanding price drop for our cruise - A2 cabins at inside cabin prices! Unfortunately, when I quickly went to the Celebrity website, there were plenty of A1 cabins available at standard prices, but no available A2s - I guess due to the great deal. Since I knew that I could not book an A1 at the A2 price without an A2 being available I continued to monitor the website and finally at around 2:00am an available A2 popped up! I immediately put a 24-hour hold on it and contacted my TA the following day who then called Celebrity and got me an A1 at the A2 reduced price. Just one other minor point - my TA had to make a 3-way conference call so that I could give Celebrity the authorization to release the A2 hold as part of the overall upgrade transaction.

There is an additional restriction that some are not aware of. Using Aqua Class as an example, you cannot book a higher level A1 cabin at the lower level A2 cabin rate if there are no available A2 cabins at the time of booking.

I ran into this earlier this year. I had seen a CC posting that mentioned an outstanding price drop for our cruise - A2 cabins at inside cabin prices! Unfortunately, when I quickly went to the Celebrity website, there were plenty of A1 cabins available at standard prices, but no available A2s - I guess due to the great deal. Since I knew that I could not book an A1 at the A2 price without an A2 being available I continued to monitor the website and finally at around 2:00am an available A2 popped up! I immediately put a 24-hour hold on it and contacted my TA the following day who then called Celebrity and got me an A1 at the A2 reduced price. Just one other minor point - my TA had to make a 3-way conference call so that I could give Celebrity the authorization to release the A2 hold as part of the overall upgrade transaction.

Your point is very valid and perhaps not clearly understood by everyone.

I view the upgrade as more of a cost reduction. Book an A1 at the A2 price, but as you say the A2 has to have a price to get the reduction. Too bad that I does not work with a S1 for the S2 price, but I guess Celebrity figures if you can afford a suite that you do not need the reduction.

The funny thing about the A1 vs the A2 is that on the Solstice Class ships many of us think the A2 cabins are in a better location.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yeah I view it as a cost reduction on the cabin I want rather than an upgrade. We prefer the 1a cabins to most of the concierge so would rather go for the 1a and pay the 1b price...which we have now just done and saved £212 on the cost of our large balcony 1a cabin

Thanks. I was pretty enticed by the larger cabins on 7 but was also concerned about movement. The other thing I liked about 3 was the close proximity to Tuscan for the breakfast, mainly coffee.

Sheal

The cabins are the same size for OV except for a few on deck 3 in M class which are newer

Your point is very valid and perhaps not clearly understood by everyone.

I view the upgrade as more of a cost reduction. Book an A1 at the A2 price, but as you say the A2 has to have a price to get the reduction. Too bad that I does not work with a S1 for the S2 price, but I guess Celebrity figures if you can afford a suite that you do not need the reduction.

The funny thing about the A1 vs the A2 is that on the Solstice Class ships many of us think the A2 cabins are in a better location.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree; same with the Equinox which was the ship we were booked on. To keep my story simple, I did not include the fact that I was actually working on two adjoining cabins and the only available adjoining AQ cabins were A1s.