Classic Drink Package ???

ready2cruzagain

We have the classic drink package and when looking at the bar menus I am not seeing a lot that falls within the price range. For example, I like pina colada's or a mudslide but I do not see those on the classic bar menu. Are they included??

I did read on Celebrity's website the list of drinks included in the classic package and it shows several beers that are not on the drink menus but are included in the package. So I am guessing not all beers are listed on the bar menus.

Also, I have seen people say they upgraded their drink package to the next level but I can find no price or how to do that.

I guess after coming from NCL and any drink up to $15 is included in their package I was kinda shocked that I can't even get a draft beer without having to pay more.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

It's $11.80 pp per day to upgrade to the premium package. I believe most basic cocktails with lower name brand liquors are available on the classic package. I believe all drinks up to $9 are covered, which doesn't sound great after coming from NCL, agree. But from viewing menus, celebrity's drinks are much more reasonably priced. And as a bonus, specialty coffee and bottled water is included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With mixed drinks it is the brand of alcohol that determines if it is covered by the Classic or Premimum package. A cosmopolitan made with Absolute or Stoli vodka is covered by the Classis package. A Cosmo made with Grey Goose or Christiana vodka is on the Premimum package. The Celebrity website has a list of the brands alcohol covered by both packages.

Thank you all! I feel better now.:D I was so confused after reading the bar menus. I am sure I will find plenty to drink now LOL.

There are many bars on each ship and they all have their own individual menus. The individual bar menus tend to focus on that bar's specialty drinks rather than "standard cocktails". The standard cocktails can be ordered anywhere on board and are included in the Classic package unless you specify a high-end liquor. There will be some higher-end beers not included in the package (practically the entire beer menu of the Gastrobar) and a very limited selection of wines.

One thing to be aware of in advance is that if you order a higher-priced item above the Classic limit, you will pay the full price for it rather than the difference in price. For instance, my wife and I have a martini at the Martini Bar before dinner -- they are $12 plus 18% (reasonable for what you get). For us, upgrading for $11.80 is cheaper than paying the uplift for a single martini.

There are many bars on each ship and they all have their own individual menus. The individual bar menus tend to focus on that bar's specialty drinks rather than "standard cocktails". The standard cocktails can be ordered anywhere on board and are included in the Classic package unless you specify a high-end liquor. There will be some higher-end beers not included in the package (practically the entire beer menu of the Gastrobar) and a very limited selection of wines.

One thing to be aware of in advance is that if you order a higher-priced item above the Classic limit, you will pay the full price for it rather than the difference in price. For instance, my wife and I have a martini at the Martini Bar before dinner -- they are $12 plus 18% (reasonable for what you get). For us, upgrading for $11.80 is cheaper than paying the uplift for a single martini.

Thank you for the information but I thought I read somewhere on CC that now if you order a drink that is higher price you do not pay full price but only pay the difference plus the 18% grat. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you for the information but I thought I read somewhere on CC that now if you order a drink that is higher price you do not pay full price but only pay the difference plus the 18% grat. Does anyone know for sure?

That is correct. If you order a drink that is over you just pay the difference plus the 18%. We sailed on Summit July 7 - 16th.

Also Mudslides were definitely were on the Classic Package and we also received canned soda and not fountain soda when ordering. Your mileage may vary. But that was our experience 2 months ago.

No longer the case; you only pay for the extra cost over the Classic limit.

Stuart

They have changed the policy, I believe it was this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is no longer true. Now you pay the difference between the classic allowance and the drink cost, so depending on what and how much you drink, the difference per day may be less that $11.80 They changed it early this year.

Just looking into taking our first cruise with Celebrity. Was wondering about the question of Classic drinks. I looked, but cannot find the menu and prices for drinks on the Celebrity site. Please advise what I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks.

It isn't a list of drinks that is key, it is a list of brands of alcohol. Beer. Etc that is covered by each package. On the Celebrity website look under Onboard Experience, select Eat & Drink, scroll down to Bars & Lounges then scroll down to beverage packages. Click on Premium, Classic & Standard under each there is a option to "Book Now" and a option to "Learn More". Select learn more and you will see the liquors, beers, etc covered by each package. What is important isn't the drink but what brand of liquor is in it- a Bloody Mary made with Absolute vodka is covered by the Classic package. A Bloody Mary made with Grey Goose is on the premium package.

If you go to a bar and order a Bloody Mary (example) you give the bartender your Sea Pass card which indicates that you have the Classic package so the bartender will make your drink with a vodka that is on the Classic package. It is pretty easy.

If you order something that isn't included in your package the bartender or Sommlier will tell you that what you order is above your package limit & what the up charge would be.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

We have the classic drink package and when looking at the bar menus I am not seeing a lot that falls within the price range. For example, I like pina colada's or a mudslide but I do not see those on the classic bar menu. Are they included??

I did read on Celebrity's website the list of drinks included in the classic package and it shows several beers that are not on the drink menus but are included in the package. So I am guessing not all beers are listed on the bar menus.

Also, I have seen people say they upgraded their drink package to the next level but I can find no price or how to do that.

I guess after coming from NCL and any drink up to $15 is included in their package I was kinda shocked that I can't even get a draft beer without having to pay more.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Trust me, you can pretty much get anything except craft beers, higher end wines and high end booze. Like hubby can get Jim Beam but Jack. You can get frozen drinks, I get margarita's, ect. What I suggest, keep you classic. If you get on the ship and find you cannot get what you want, then upgrade. We have never felt the need to upgrade, we get everything we want on the Classic.

Trust me, you can pretty much get anything except craft beers, higher end wines and high end booze. Like hubby can get Jim Beam but Jack. You can get frozen drinks, I get margarita's, ect. What I suggest, keep you classic. If you get on the ship and find you cannot get what you want, then upgrade. We have never felt the need to upgrade, we get everything we want on the Classic.

Everything except a can of soda on Reflection :rolleyes:.

I thought my wife and I were the only two that never upgrade our BPs.:D

Just if Eclipse and our group of 8 all had the classic. No problem whatsoever with what was offered. The couple of times someone wanted a drink not included they just paid the $ or so extra. DH could get draft Newcastle Brown ale.

On our last cruise husband upgraded to the Premium and I stayed on the classic. We did a couple of experiments with the bartenders help. Example he made us 2 exact same Margaritas, except one using all premium alcohol and the other standard brands available on the classic, which we both taste tested... argh after tasting his premium drink mine tasted horrible and just sour. If I had not tasted his drink I would have thought mine was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk