Question re: Horizon Court breakfast

elycelynne

When I was on the Royal they had a big slab of butter and a big tub of pancake syrup, which I found a bit more inconvenient than individual pats of butter and containers of syrup because you had to add your syrup right at the buffet. Is this the setup on all the Princess ships?

I find that inconvenient also - I like to spread the butter all over first and this does not make it easy to do in the buffet area. Next time take a cup or small bowl of some kind and use that for syrup.

- I see others have the same idea - posted while I typed.

On my last cruises on Ruby and Emerald there were "dipping cups" next to the vats of jelly on the buffet during breakfast hours. I guess the best strategy is to scan the buffet for said cups before grabbing your food plate.

When I was on the Royal they had a big slab of butter and a big tub of pancake syrup, which I found a bit more inconvenient than individual pats of butter and containers of syrup because you had to add your syrup right at the buffet. Is this the setup on all the Princess ships?
r

My guess it’s money saving for the cruise line. The problem it’s also good way of spreading noro.

I think that he was referencing people being despondent over butter and bringing trays from home.;p;p

First world problems, holy crabcakes!

This seems to be the response for most queries on this forum "First world problems" blah, blah.

Of course they are first world problems - its a cruise for goodness sake. Every problem with a cruise is going to be a first world problem. This is a cruise forum, its hardly going to discuss 3rd world problems is it?

Personally, I don't care about syrup and butter but some people obviously do. And they pay good money for their cruise (because they can, this is the first world after all) so they want it right.

Wouldn't have thought it was too much to ask.

On the next cruise we are taking trays from home to use in the buffet area. Nice to get everything at once and head to the table.

Isn't there a tray in your cabin that holds the ice bucket and glasses you can use if you have too?

I think that he was referencing people being despondent over butter and bringing trays from home.;p;p

First world problems, holy crabcakes!

I would hardly call my question "being despondent" -- I was just asking if it was like that on all the ships. :rolleyes:

Try the dining room for your breakfast...all the condiments will be ON the table, and your pancakes will stay nice and hot! So much nicer than the buffet!

I really wanted to try the dining room for breakfast, but I am not a morning person and don't want to sit with people I don't know and talk to them first thing. Just got off the Emerald and they did have individual pats of butter but the syrup was large bottles at the end of the buffet.

Try the dining room for your breakfast...all the condiments will be ON the table, and your pancakes will stay nice and hot! So much nicer than the buffet!

Not on any recent Princess cruise I have taken--and I get to the MDR most mornings.

If you order pancakes/waffles/french toast, syrup is brought to the table with your order and usually removed immediately after dispensing.

And jelly is available only on request, scooped by the server from a large vat onto your plate and likewise summarily whisked away.