No-None-Notta Pre-Sail Emails from Princess

napunani

Sunday (10/8) we sail on Star Princess. We booked this cruise in January 2017. We have received NO pre-sail emails from Princess as we did last Fall prior to our cruise then. No Captain email, no CD email, no last chance on excursions or spa bookings emaisl, no final info before you go email...nothing. Both of our emails are registered with Princess. The final payment was made on time, so we know Princess has record of our booking and we got the progressive boarding warning email yesterday via our TA. I asked the TA if she had any of these pre-sail emails and she had nothing.

Perhaps less communication directly with booked passengers is a new direction Princess is taking this year... Anyone else not hearing a peep from Princess? :o

A thread the same as this has just been done to death. No need for another.

Refer thread "I'm more that P.....at Princess"

Ok - thanks! Got a link to the thread as it is not appearing on a search. I would like to learn why there has been no communication from Princess.

I mentioned this in another thread. Princess is good at sending these out on routes they do every week for months at a time (Caribbean, Mexico, etc..). They are not as good on routes they do once or twice a year such as yours. Also, on cruises at the end of the season, they often have staff changes (Captain, CD, etc...) so sometimes they don't know who will be in those positions. I did a repo cruise once and we had 3 or 4 Captains and 2 CDs on a 15 night cruise. It was odd.

I have cruised with various lines (including Princess, but only once with them) and have never been sent this kind of communication. It came as something of a surprise to learn that I have been missing out all this time :D

We leave on November 13 for Hawaii and have received one from the Captain and one from the Maître D.

We got a couple for our November 19 Hawaii. Nothing for the November 5 Cabo just before.

For those who haven't read the other thread, it's supposedly a joke, It took 4 pages to get to that.

That was a joke??? I stopped reading at page 2. Got tired of reading all the flames.:eek:

I am on the Emerald on Sunday and got an email about SHARE just yesterday. It went straight to the bit bucket.

We're on the Ruby in November and got the same email yesterday. The title of the mail was "update to your dinning". It turned to be just some blurb about Share" I have to think the title was just "click bait" to ensure that the mail was read. Not at all useful.

These emails seem to be hit or miss. On my next cruise, the CD email came from "the cruise director" without a name mentioned. And the supposed list of great entertainment was....blank. Yes, this is a one-off cruise, so perhaps that is why it seems to be a miss. But in truth, I hardly read these missives if received. Perhaps if I was a new cruiser they would seem more exciting to me.

We just received email regarding entertainment for upcoming Oct 21 Canada/New England cruise.

Listed movies (Wonder Woman and Planet of the Apes) Production Show, Born to Dance, Octoberfest and other venues of interest. I was pleasantly surprised thinking we would not receive anything for a 5 day cruise.:');):)