2019 cruises

thames_side

From what I've been reading in the past 2-3 years, many of the cruise ships can't get to Easter Island or the tendering process is too dangerous, so we were looking for alternate transportation to E Island!!!

We were on Easter Islands with Crystal cruises. The tender was not easy. First the ship planned to anchor in one place but to tender from there was impossible. So the ship moved to another place. It was rough but of course the Easter Islands are so special...

I find the itineraries to be same old stuff. We have started booking on other lines. As much as we love Oceania they are not doing itineraries that work for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see your point. 2019 looks very similar to previous years cruises with one or two ports of call changed on some of the cruises and some exactly the same. However, we find some of those new stops interesting enough to consider a sort of "repeat" of a previous cruise. We also have things we missed and want to see in ports we have visited before. Our next step is to look at the detailed itineraries and time in ports to see if it is worth it. We are not yet ready to completely give up on Oceania.

With respect to other cruise lines itineraries - there really are a lot of similarities in itineraries among all lines cruising in the Med and Northern Europe. You pay your money and take your choice. In other parts of the world there are a lot of differences in the different cruise line itineraries so shopping around is a good idea there.

Robbie

I see your point. 2019 looks very similar to previous years cruises with one or two ports of call changed on some of the cruises and some exactly the same. However, we find some of those new stops interesting enough to consider a sort of "repeat" of a previous cruise. We also have things we missed and want to see in ports we have visited before. Our next step is to look at the detailed itineraries and time in ports to see if it is worth it. We are not yet ready to completely give up on Oceania.

With respect to other cruise lines itineraries - there really are a lot of similarities in itineraries among all lines cruising in the Med and Northern Europe. You pay your money and take your choice. In other parts of the world there are a lot of differences in the different cruise line itineraries so shopping around is a good idea there.

Robbie

Agree with same old -- same old.

Circum Nav of Japan would be nice -- maybe include some Russian Far East ports - might do a Silversea cruise for this

West Africa -- also nice - had to go to Silversea for this

Northwest Passage like Crystal did (and will not in the future) also something different

Antarctic drive by - they used to do this

For the Australian and South Pacific Cruises -- we booked our Dec 2017 cruise in April 2016 the first day bookings opened. So my guess they will open in mid April 2018 for the late 2019/2020 season.

PaulMCO,

you could do a segment of ATW 18 on O since they go to West Africa. It was pretty amazing.

We did a Silversea version that stopped at more ports from Capetown through Accra (Namibia, Angola, Benin, Congo, Sao Tome, Togo, Cameroon, Accra. Yes that part of Africa was very unique.

We have booked three on crystal and Antarctica on seabourn and even booked one on regent to be with friends on explorer. Will also look at silversea. I will have 18 o cruises with the three I have going forward. I doubt we will make it to the free cruise with itineraries like these

Seabourn manages to find interesting ports in the Mediterranean

Only downside for us is no butlers on seabourn.

We did a Silversea version that stopped at more ports from Capetown through Accra (Namibia, Angola, Benin, Congo, Sao Tome, Togo, Cameroon, Accra. Yes that part of Africa was very unique.

No stop at Nambia?

In 2015 we sailed on Marina from Lisbon to Cape Town via the Canaries, Cape Verde, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Togo, São Tomé, Angola & Namibia.

That was a great itinerary - they should repeat it.

It is the unique itineraries we love such as the circumnavigation of Australia. It was a fast sellout yet not repeated. The cruise you describe not repeated. That’s why we are looking elsewhere for now

In 2015 we sailed on Marina from Lisbon to Cape Town via the Canaries, Cape Verde, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Togo, São Tomé, Angola & Namibia.

That was a great itinerary - they should repeat it.

We were on that cruise with our daughter. It was fabulous. And was great to spend that much time with her as she lives in Africa so our time together is limited. Would love to go back to Namibia in particular.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm "potentially" very disappointed ;) I thought I'd found the perfect itinerary on the ship I wanted on dates that covered both birthdays, had every port I wanted but then I checked a calender. Guessing by nights and distance that they're putting us into Bordeaux on Easter Monday. According to trip advisor wineries will be closed for tours. I'm hoping someone caught this massive fail before itineraries actually go on sale but doubtful. Could be back to the drawing board.

Edited by Cruise Junky

O did 2 circumnavigation in 2017. First one was in March (fabulous) and I think there is one in November or December. You might find another for late 2019

i

The risk is higher for cyclones in March, than November, even though November is the official start of the cyclone season. Sounds like you had good weather.

Nothing really enthralled me. Will be aboard the Marina in two weeks and will relook then. Didn't really like the format of the file, so maybe by then it'll be in an easier format to read. No rush to sign up for anything.

Actually think we'll look at doing more river cruises with Uniworld in 2019 along with a Land cruise of Ireland with them.

Nothing really enthralled me. Will be aboard the Marina in two weeks and will relook then. Didn't really like the format of the file, so maybe by then it'll be in an easier format to read. No rush to sign up for anything.

Actually think we'll look at doing more river cruises with Uniworld in 2019 along with a Land cruise of Ireland with them.

You can view it as a PDF which I found a lot easier to read.

I'm wondering why no transatlantics are showing for fall of 2019?

My guess is they'll be included with the Winter sailings starting in December when they release those next Spring or else they just wanted to minimize the number of pages in the brochure and will post them on the website once we can actually start booking these new Summer and Fall cruises next week.