Is it too late to change cr

iSailor

Did you even bother to read the OP or did you and the others just want to jump on the moral outrage to make yourself look better than others? You had a bad cruise experience, so therefore all other people are inconsiderate. Hopefully you have never scrapped a deck chair across a surface and impacted the rooms below.

If you did actually read the post rather than just jump onto the "me-to" responses, how come your response doesn't take into account

1) By saying he is a foreigner

2) The poor English in the OP more than likely means that English isn't their first language

But their main complaint was that one officer turned up and said the music is too loud, turn it down. He did, he asked is this an acceptable level, they agreed and left and then later "Julie" turned up with the I don't care what anyone else said attitude that they found distressing. "Julie" wouldn't listen to his comment that it had been approved by another ships officer, but they felt picked on. If the first officer had just said turn it off and leave it off, the second visit wouldn't have been necessary and there would have been no confusion or "entitlement or sense of outrage" as you describe.

It could just be that it was English as a second language misinterpretation, or he did indeed felt picked on. Either way the best advise I have seen above is the

• One bad apple isn't the whole orchard - enjoy all the rest that Celebrity has to offer
  • If you run into a bad apple, include it in your post cruise survey or on-board, when something can be done about it - then think Frozen - Let it Go!
  • Do a cruise on Azamara as at least the points can be combined if you decide to go back to Celebrity in the future
  • Never play music loud enough that you need someone to visit you in the first place - you don't know who is in the cabin next to you - sleeping baby, people trying to get their groove on, or people wanting to hear nothing else but the sound of the sea - and scrapping deck chairs.

First, I not only read the OP, but all subsequent posts. Second, I shared my opinion about that post. I understood from the OP the language problem that you I dictated. My opinion was that to play loud music to that a neighbor found so unpleasant that they needed to complain about it was inconsiderate. To continue playing without lowering considerably was surprising to me. I guess we understood the OP differently. Either way. I know I personally would have turned it down considerably and apologized to my neighbors. I would have been so embarrassed by the first officers visit that I would have turned it off. Having had an experience with an inconsiderate neighbor, and knowing that we were not driven to the point of calling GS, I was putting myself in the shoes of the neighbor who was driven to complain. Sorry if you found my posts annoying, but I don't honestly understand what I said that you took objection to. I suggested that the OP shouldn't have played loud music and they were sharing the ship with approximately 2,900+ other passengers. Consideration of others should have come before outrage at a crewmember responding to a complaint by another guest.

Yes - I think you are wrong - for all the reasons stated above.

Why when one officer said this is okay then another one said it isn't - which officer is doing their job correctly?

"Two days later I was listening my music by the balcony in my cabin,the cabin next to me complaining my music was loud,the officer came by and I did lower the volume as he told me the volume is acceptable.

Two hours later Julie came and knocked at my door and told me they have to confiscate my speaker."

Do you really think Julie came by two hours later just to be a nasty person? Is it not more likely that the OP is not telling the entire story and that there was an additional complaint sometime during that two hour period?

The OP was selfishly infringing on the rights of his fellow passengers and paid the appropriate price!

“Julie”is also a foreigner, she is English. I know her personally. One of the most efficient highly respected members of Celebrity staff. I find this whole thread rather upsetting regarding the defamation of her character.

If anyone was playing music loudly on the balcony next to me I would be very grateful the “Julie” was doing her job, upholding the rules and making sure the majority of the cruisers were happy and not having their holiday blighted by one selfish individual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes when we try to make a joke, it doesn’t come off as it should.

As for the music issue, your neighboring cabin reported you. An officer came by and asked you to turn the volume down. It’s obvious, that they complained again. Do you really think they have nothing better to do, than confiscate your speakers?

I don’t think it was personal. I really hope it didn’t ruin your cruise.

If you decide to jump ship, I will take your points. ( that was supposed to be a joke).

If you really love X this is not a real reason to switch. I am sure you will make the right decision for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the difference between someone mentioning their loyalty status in a post and having an icon displaying their loyalty status in their signature on this forum?

Why do those with them in their signature feel the need to let other board members know what they are?

Yes I do show my loyalty status in my signature as do many CC members, which can be turned off by others should they not want to have the signatures show with the posts. I guess in part it is to add credibility to experience based information that might be relative to a thread conversation. And maybe also in part to indicate something that took many years as a loyal cruiser to a given brand to attain.

But simply having it as part of a signature and mentioning it in a post are two different things. If you wish to check through any of my posts, I have never mentioned my specific status tier - in particular my specific point count total - in any of my responses for the purpose of emphasizing that as a point to support a personal position, or staff or ship criticism, or other similar agenda.

When my tier reference has come into a thread discussion it typically would be to support the thread topic, such as to reference it in terms of confirming tier benefits if asked by others, or in some other similar manner. If I did reference it specifically as did the OP, I would be as guilty myself of that which I commented of them.

Yes I do show my loyalty status in my signature as do many CC members, which can be turned off by others should they not want to have the signatures show with the posts. I guess in part it is to add credibility to experience based information that might be relative to a thread conversation. And maybe also in part to indicate something that took many years as a loyal cruiser to a given brand to attain.

But simply having it as part of a signature and mentioning it in a post are two different things. If you wish to check through any of my posts, I have never mentioned my specific status tier - in particular my specific point count total - in any of my responses for the purpose of emphasizing that as a point to support a personal position, or staff or ship criticism, or other similar agenda.

When my tier reference has come into a thread discussion it typically would be to support the thread topic, such as to reference it in terms of confirming tier benefits if asked by others, or in some other similar manner. If I did reference it specifically as did the OP, I would be as guilty myself of that which I commented of them.

I think that nothing is wrong with showing your status. It adds more credibility to your comments as you have more experience then the person who has sailed on a couple of cruises.

Personally I'd be happy to see a list of every single cruise a poster has ever taken, on which ship and in which cabin class. If these were accurate it really would help deciding on how serious you take another posters experience and opinion. You'd also be able to understand their point of view in a discussion better.

For example, one gentleman used to attack and berate aqua class again and again on this very forum. But when I pressed him for info, it transpired he'd never sailed AQ! So, whilst he's most certainly entitled to his opinion, many would not place much value on it.

But the OP is welcome to mention his status (As you do subtly in every single post you make due to your signature). It is relevant to the point he's making whether you see that or not. He's demonstrating his loyalty to the brand and expressing his disappointment, which may or may not have been of his own making, but that's another discussion entirely.

Personally I'd be happy to see a list of every single cruise a poster has ever taken, on which ship and in which cabin class. If these were accurate it really would help deciding on how serious you take another posters experience and opinion. You'd also be able to understand their point of view in a discussion better.

For example, one gentleman used to attack and berate aqua class again and again on this very forum. But when I pressed him for info, it transpired he'd never sailed AQ! So, whilst he's most certainly entitled to his opinion, many would not place much value on it.

But the OP is welcome to mention his status (As you do subtly in every single post you make due to your signature). It is relevant to the point he's making whether you see that or not. He's demonstrating his loyalty to the brand and expressing his disappointment, which may or may not have been of his own making, but that's another discussion entirely.

I have a list of our 45 cruises,date, itinerary, length and cabin type.

I only speak for myself but when i post it is from personal experience and my photo is my wife and i.

I am transparent and unless it can be proved other people are not i will take their word at face value.

I know you all are interested to know how much I spent on Celebrity.

I have to said in a humble way I spent almost a middle incomes group made for a year in a year on Celebrity.

Thanks God I be able to go cruising.I still think I don’t deserve to be treated this way without doing further investigation of wrong doing on my part.

I rested my case.Come on flames me,this is a free speech society in America.

I am a minority and this is not the first time I got picked on.

I have been on so many cruises so I know how

to behave myself and considerate of my neighbor.

I didn’t bring the speaker myself ,it is provided in the suite guest room for suite guests use.

When next time you on a Suite, adjust the volume on your iphone to 1/4 of the volume and please tell me how much you can really hear what the music is playing.

Julie may ba a Darling to you all but certainly not me.

She may be a nice person but she just used the the wrong choice of words in front of me when we met.

Edited by iSailor

Glad you explained how much you spend on Celebrity each year. We have roughly the same number of points but we only cruise Celebrity once a year but in a nice suite. We appreciate Celebrity for its differences from Cunard and Seabourn. Not using the speakers in our cabin to send music to our balcony is a no brainer as there are cabins on all sides who may want quiet. On a ship you are living with many folks of many nationalities, best to be considerate to all. Florida residents are the majority on this cruise to Fort Lauderdale. Most (99.99%) are considerate of each other and of the crew. It is a happy ship!

I have to said in a humble way I spent almost a middle incomes group made for a year in a year on Celebrity.

Thanks God I be able to go cruising.I still think I don’t deserve to be treated this way without doing further investigation of wrong doing on my part.

I didn’t bring the speaker myself ,it is provided in the suite guest room for suite guests use.

When next time you on a Suite, adjust the volume on your iphone to 1/4 of the volume and please tell me how much you can really hear what the music is playing.

She may be a nice person but she just used the the wrong choice of words in front of me when we met.

I still don't understand what was the choice of words that she said that was insulting. The phrase you wrote sounded like something I would say. If there's always a long line, I'm sure she does hear people say that it's not worth standing in line for a small amount. Sounds like she was empathizing with you. Was that what you considered insulting or did she say something else? Did she actually call you a foreigner?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I don't care how much money you spend on celebrity. Whether you spend a lot or a little is irrelevant to the issue at hand. You felt that you were spoken to rudely and treated badly by a crew member. Others, myself included, felt that playing music loud enough to cause your neighbors to complain twice to guest relations was the cause of the problem. Who provided the speakers is also not an issue. How you used the speakers was. If, as was suggested by others, you used a set of earphones instead of the speaker, you could have played your music as loud and as long and whenever you pleased and disturbed no one. No staff member would have visited you even once, let alone twice. It is your choice with whom you spend your cruise dollars. I was not there, so cannot judge how long and loud the music was played, nor can I judge how you were treated by the crew member. I'm just offering an alternative viewpoint. I wish you luck and happiness whatever you decide.

I don't care how much money you spend on celebrity. Whether you spend a lot or a little is irrelevant to the issue at hand. You felt that you were spoken to rudely and treated badly by a crew member. Others, myself included, felt that playing music loud enough to cause your neighbors to complain twice to guest relations was the cause of the problem. Who provided the speakers is also not an issue. How you used the speakers was. If, as was suggested by others, you used a set of earphones instead of the speaker, you could have played your music as loud and as long and whenever you pleased and disturbed no one. No staff member would have visited you even once, let alone twice. It is your choice with whom you spend your cruise dollars. I was not there, so cannot judge how long and loud the music was played, nor can I judge how you were treated by the crew member. I'm just offering an alternative viewpoint. I wish you luck and happiness whatever you decide.

You have a tv in your cabin too but it doesn't mean you have to put the volume on maximum.

He must have been annoying nearby guests and to be told twice about the noise showed his disrespect to fellow guests.

Just because he says he spends a lot on his cruises is no excuse.