Increase in Diamond & above members

fla33023

I was reading another thread and someone posted this comment, " On my last RCI cruise there were over 1000 Diamond and above membersout of just over 3000 passengers. They had to convert a large lounge to the Diamond Lounge."

It made me think about how family-friendly cruising has become. I would think that some kids could very well be Diamond by their 18th birthday. It seems that there could be way more people hitting this status at earlier ages. I wonder if RC would raise the # of pts needed to hit the next status or just continue to make room for the larger number? Just wondering what some of you professional cruisers think :) I'll probably never make Emerald but it seems like so many young people will do that easily!

Sounds like RC needs a Diamond Kids/Teens Lounge! lol!!

Instead of drinks and services they can get some free internet and games. (unless, they already have something like).

Do they? I think it would be fun for a kid to 'own' their Diamond status. Start 'em young!

I am not surprised. A lot of young people travel and a lot. All over the world. I qualified for Traveler's Century Club when I was 28. Everyone else was 55+. There is only a handful of us, too.

I just hope that with so many people making Diamond, that it doesn't cheapen the program but gets better for y'all!

I am also hoping to like RC when I cruise in December since it is a local port.

Same with our house. Laura had 6 weeks and I had between 2 & 3. That's why she cruised solo.

Now she just likes it. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I thought about taking the TA solo. Bill wanted someone to go with me. And I wanted him to go with me. So I just moved it to a 7 night out of NOLA. His dad lives there and we enjoy visits. We can accumulate more cruise points in a couple of years. :D:D

The Explorer does not have a revolving bar.

Uh--oh...then it was me that was revolving!! ;p

I get the revolving bar ships mixed up. I know we sat at a bar in the VCL that was a complete circle, on bar stools that had a great view over the ocean every night. Which ones still have that circle bar that revolves? Or did they shut them all down? I think they had maintenance and safety issues like the now gone centrum aerial shows? Have only been on EX twice...and it has been a very long time ago.

Sorry for the mix up!

Uh--oh...then it was me that was revolving!! ;p

I get the revolving bar ships mixed up. I know we sat at a bar in the VCL that was a complete circle, on bar stools that had a great view over the ocean every night. Which ones still have that circle bar that revolves? Or did they shut them all down? I think they had maintenance and safety issues like the now gone centrum aerial shows? Have only been on EX twice...and it has been a very long time ago.

Sorry for the mix up!

That's Radiance class. I don't know which ones still work.

Anytime someone speaks up around here for the benefit of the consumer they are jumped all over by people reminding them that the company is in business to make money and keep its shareholders happy. I am sure many CEO's sleep well at night knowing so many people are looking out for the best interest of the company and they aren't even getting paid multi-millions of dollars a year for their efforts.

I agree with you 100% in this. Very well said. Many time this board does not show much compassion for the consumer.

dp

We didn't lose anything when they converted our longer cruises, did you call C&A?

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

Yes we did back then and this year again. In our profile all cruises before 2011 are displayed with 1 next to them , all cruises after with correct number of days. They converted all "1" into 7 dayers.

This year we were told that they cannot do anything as this was calculations applied for all cruisers.

That's Radiance class. I don't know which ones still work.

Hmm...will check them out. Will be on Brilliance and Jewel soon. Thanks! :)

And it is also a wonder if the self leveling pool tables are still working. :o

They were not working on my last Serenade cruise, but Radiance had them working. Quite the challenging game when they are not. :confused:;)

I don't remember the revolving bar on Serenade. But that cruise was a long time ago and I didn't spend much time in the VCL because it was the disco on that ship and it was so loud I could hear what was going on in there out on the pool deck. And I need my hearing in order to work... so I can make a living... and pay for cruises.

I don't remember the revolving bar on Serenade. But that cruise was a long time ago and I didn't spend much time in the VCL because it was the disco on that ship and it was so loud I could hear what was going on in there out on the pool deck. And I need my hearing in order to work... so I can make a living... and pay for cruises.

Interesting, my doctor rarely listens to me. [emoji6]

Yes we did back then and this year again. In our profile all cruises before 2011 are displayed with 1 next to them , all cruises after with correct number of days. They converted all "1" into 7 dayers.

This year we were told that they cannot do anything as this was calculations applied for all cruisers.

You were given some bonus points depending on how many cruises you had. It was as high as 13 points.

ca098cc8a53c659f3c288e67cef9f01c.jpg

Hmm...will check them out. Will be on Brilliance and Jewel soon. Thanks!

And it is also a wonder if the self leveling pool tables are still working. :o

They were not working on my last Serenade cruise, but Radiance had them working. Quite the challenging game when they are not. :confused:;)

Well, since I read on CC recently the advice to "lie down on the self-leveling pool tables if you feel seasick", I'm not surprised that they aren't working! :o:o:o

Ahh...a late night party boy! ;)

I am in bed at late night disco time...joys of getting older. :p

Ahh...a late night party boy! ;)

I am in bed at late night disco time...joys of getting older. :p

Late night but not party boy. I love being out on deck late at night watching the water, looking at the moon and stars, and finding a certain peace out there that is rarely encountered on land. Same reason that I am back out on deck by 5 AM.

Late night but not party boy. I love being out on deck late at night watching the water, looking at the moon and stars, and finding a certain peace out there that is rarely encountered on land. Same reason that I am back out on deck by 5 AM.

You should come visit Bella

Serenades revolving bar does not work. The other three radiance ships function properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serenade is in dry-dock and due to return to service this Monday, 11/13. So, the revolving bar may be working again. I am booked on the 11/13 cruise so I will know soon.

My kids, 10 and 8, are (or shortly will be) at 78 points after getting off Anthem this morning. They are Diamond because we've gone on a few cruises without them.

Should we send them on a cheap short cruise by themselves so they can earn Diamond on their own? :P

To be honest, I'm still trying to engage their humble circuits. For some reason they like telling people that they are Diamond, or if in a suite, that we are in a suite. I'm constantly reminding them not to brag, and reminding them who is actually paying for their cruises. Sigh.

It makes no diff and makes no sense to do that. They will be D or better for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was a joke. But the smiley didn't show up. I was trying to make fun of the "should I take a quick cruise to make the next level before the next cruise I already have scheduled?" threads.

My kids, 10 and 8, are (or shortly will be) at 78 points after getting off Anthem this morning. They are Diamond because we've gone on a few cruises without them.

Should we send them on a cheap short cruise by themselves so they can earn Diamond on their own? :P

To be honest, I'm still trying to engage their humble circuits. For some reason they like telling people that they are Diamond, or if in a suite, that we are in a suite. I'm constantly reminding them not to brag, and reminding them who is actually paying for their cruises. Sigh.

Tell them that the next cruise is on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Serenade is in dry-dock and due to return to service this Monday, 11/13. So, the revolving bar may be working again. I am booked on the 11/13 cruise so I will know soon.

We have been on Serenade three times and never heard of a revolving bar. Which bar is it? After lounge time and chocolate martinis, things might spin a little but never experienced the revolving bar.