Increase in Diamond & above members

fla33023

I was reading another thread and someone posted this comment, " On my last RCI cruise there were over 1000 Diamond and above membersout of just over 3000 passengers. They had to convert a large lounge to the Diamond Lounge."

It made me think about how family-friendly cruising has become. I would think that some kids could very well be Diamond by their 18th birthday. It seems that there could be way more people hitting this status at earlier ages. I wonder if RC would raise the # of pts needed to hit the next status or just continue to make room for the larger number? Just wondering what some of you professional cruisers think :) I'll probably never make Emerald but it seems like so many young people will do that easily!

There was a really huge thread pertaining to perceived changes to the C&A program some months ago. It had a very long life span. ;)

I assume you aren't referring to the flaunting thread.

Can you link the thread you were referencing if that is the case.

I assume you aren't referring to the flaunting thread.

Can you link the thread you were referencing if that is the case.

It was actually the one about rumors of a big change coming May 1st of either last year or the year before...went on a long..long time. I will see if I can find the link.

(

There was a really huge thread pertaining to perceived changes to the C&A program some months ago. It had a very long life span. ;)

I Remember that. I think it started with that the Concierge Lounge on the BR was going to be turned into a suite lounge and it had thousands of posts and it never happened (or I should say not yet)

(

I Remember that. I think it started with that the Concierge Lounge on the BR was going to be turned into a suite lounge and it had thousands of posts and it never happened (or I should say not yet)

Yeah, that was a pretty intense and most of time funny thread. The countdown was rumored to be May 1st...which came and went with nothing happening....like the doomsday turn of the century prediction. :eek:;p

The nature of life is that things evolve and change. While there may be more people attaining diamond at a younger age, there are also those diamonds, D+ and pinnacles who are aging and no longer cruising. Cruising is a great vacation, but I do think that the millennials and the younger generation are more interested in the unique and exotic vacations than generations before. (I've seen studies that support this, but can't put my finger on them just now.) This may balance things out. Again, EVERYTHING is speculation. RCCL will have to see how it goes, and adapt accordingly.

On the Vision report there were about 1000 diamond on the ship with less than 2000 total passengers.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

The repo from Bayonne to Galveston? We were on the Quebec City to Bayonne and MJ had suggested that the numbers were way up for the next cruise.

Interestingly, RCL just posted strong earnings. Lower rev due to all of the hurricane-related cancellations, but strong earnings. It would seem then that all of the benefits given to D, D+ and P doesn't stop them from making money nor has closing revenue-producing venues for 3+ hours each night in order to accommodate C&A events. On Quebec to Bayonne, that meant using the Deck 6 lounge for D event and closing off a portion of the VCL for use by the CL. I think brand loyalty is really important in the cruise industry.

I remember when we did our second RC cruise (Sovereign in 1988) we were invited to the repeat passengers party. There were 6 of us! On our next cruise the there were about 10. We thought Wow.... 10 repeaters. Ahhh, the good old days

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

When we go to one of the welcome back parties, my DH loves to raise his

hand when they ask "Any first time cruisers here?" ;p;)

I was reading another thread and someone posted this comment, " On my last RCI cruise there were over 1000 Diamond and above membersout of just over 3000 passengers. They had to convert a large lounge to the Diamond Lounge."

It made me think about how family-friendly cruising has become. I would think that some kids could very well be Diamond by their 18th birthday. It seems that there could be way more people hitting this status at earlier ages. I wonder if RC would raise the # of pts needed to hit the next status or just continue to make room for the larger number? Just wondering what some of you professional cruisers think :) I'll probably never make Emerald but it seems like so many young people will do that easily!

You realize that since every child who has a parent that is Diamond or up automatically gains that status, there are a lot of kids with that status before they're 18

We’re late in life cruisers being 65 years old and only took our first cruise in July 2016, due to the fact that we had a 40 ft motorhome and did all our touring/vacationing in it. We finally decided to sell the coach and start cruising. It’s really nice to let someone else drive for a while.

I’ve developed this obsession of reaching Diamond before it possibly gets pushed farther out of reach based on all the changes that seem to be taking place, so we’ve jumped on the fast track and have been booking Junior Suites and one GS. Only 11 more points until we can join you guys in the DL! I hope there’ll be room for two more.....

You realize that since every child who has a parent that is Diamond or up automatically gains that status, there are a lot of kids with that status before they're 18

Our three daughters made diamond before age 10 thanks to my sailing history. Today they have enough credits on their own to be diamond, working towards d+. When dd honeymooned on Freedom her husband immediately became diamond even though he had never previously cruised.

Isn't that true only if they're traveling with the parent in the same cabin?

Pretty sure kids of Diamonds don't get that status for free for life.