Is it possible to check table assignment before boarding?

jsf

No. The actual configuration changes every cruise, and even between early and late seating. You can request a generic table for your party, or a general location but there are no guarantees. When you board, you can check and make any changes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No. The actual configuration changes every cruise, and even between early and late seating. You can request a generic table for your party, or a general location but there are no guarantees. When you board, you can check and make any changes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just to clarify........the configuration does not change every cruise, but some changes do occur.

You will have to wait until you board and see what is on your SeaPass card and check it out in the dining room.

Tables can change right up to dinner time. What you see at boarding may not be what you have at dinner.

true. the physical location of the table changed every night on our last cruise. same table number, same waitstaff. started off directly in front of a window. by the end of the week, it was by the center staging area of the section.

Tables can change right up to dinner time. What you see at boarding may not be what you have at dinner.

Correct... because it is "antiquated" meaning the use of technology is absent in the process. I get the idea that they are trying to be flexible, but when you make a reservation, you would think RCL would know your preference and be able to handle the request.

People walk in the dinning room the day of departure and have changes made which sometimes bumps other folks who don't know to double check.

Many have sent an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com with a table request, I.e. Table for 4 near a window and received a conformation as well as a diagram showing their table location. Can't hurt to send an e mail although it might change once you board the ship. Sending the e mail 2-3 weeks in advance would be the normal time to send your request.

Many have sent an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com with a table request, I.e. Table for 4 near a window and received a conformation as well as a diagram showing their table location. Can't hurt to send an e mail although it might change once you board the ship. Sending the e mail 2-3 weeks in advance would be the normal time to send your request.

Thanks.... I have heard this before, but never tried. I will give it a try.

Thanks.... I have heard this before, but never tried. I will give it a try.

I do it all the times and request a table for 2 and nrear a window if possible. Many times, if I sail on a ship multiple times, I request that specific table #. 45 days out for any dining requests.

We actually found our table number about 2 weeks prior to sailing. We e-mailed the royal dining and asked to have our group (4 different cabins) together at dinner. They replied fairly quickly, within about 2 days, to confirm it was done and they told us our table number.

Many have sent an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com with a table request....

We sent the e-mail about 10 to 14 days prior to the cruise with our table request. We have always received our requested table and table location. About 75% of the time, we receive an e-mail response with our table number.

• 3 weeks later...
We sent the e-mail about 10 to 14 days prior to the cruise with our table request. We have always received our requested table and table location. About 75% of the time, we receive an e-mail response with our table number.

Thanks for the information. Yesterday I sent an email with my request. I will report back and you know what I heard back from RCL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I e-mailed dining over a week ago, still waiting for some word on table, a little over 2 weeks to departure. Maybe I should not sent the request Thanksgiving week, we'll see, I did mention we are Diamond members, thought it might help.

J.

I e-mailed dining over a week ago, still waiting for some word on table, a little over 2 weeks to departure. Maybe I should not sent the request Thanksgiving week, we'll see, I did mention we are Diamond members, thought it might help.

J.

Once you get a response and a table assignment, when you board, go to the dining room and check it out to make sure it is to your liking. We had an advanced assignment, but when we looked at the location in some corner, immediately went to the Maitre'd and changed it. You want to avoid sitting right near one of the serving stations -- too much noise and commotion.

Just to clarify........the configuration does not change every cruise, but some changes do occur.

You will have to wait until you board and see what is on your SeaPass card and check it out in the dining room.

Just to expand on your accurate clarification, One reason they change the configuration is if there are a large number of wheel chair guess in comparison to previous weeks. They try to create more aisles, or tables with access to aisles for those cruisers to get in and out of easily.

There are probably other reasons. A family reunion of about 75 people were on Allure with me in 2011 and they re-arranged one who section.

Just head to the dining room when you board, and see if your table suits you. If it doesn't, about 2pm, there will be someone there who can make changes.

It's not the location of the table that makes dinner special, it's the COMPANY at the table! If you're dining with folks who are fun, you won't even notice where you are!

I read this thread earlier today and based on that I shot the RCL dining folks an email asking for a quiet, out of the way table. Our only reason was to be proactive, as on last years cruise we were originally seated directly in front of the main entrance to the MDR. It was a traffic and noise nightmare. We got it quickly corrected for days 2-7. As others have noted, in the early afternoon of embarkation day, run over to the MDR and check out your table. If not good, talk with someone and 99% of the time, they'll move you to a place of your satisfaction.

Anyway, less than an hour after I sent the email, I got a reply from RCL Dining. They acknowledged receipt of my message and said they'd be happy to accommodate us. They simply asked that we re-send our request inside of 50 days of sail date. That's when they get the ship manifest.

So it seems that in many ways, RCL is looking to help.