Where are Your Pool Towels?????

teacherman

Ok, our first time on Royal so dumb question- they don't leave beach towels in the cabin for you to use?

Nope, you have to check them out from the pool deck. And, if you don't check them back in before the end of the cruise, you get chagred $25 per towel.

I listened to this poor woman who swore up and down she returned her family's six towels one night at guest services. I waved at the clerk, insisted I come over, she motioned me over and I told her and the clerk that I actually witnessed her turn in those same towels outside the Solarium earlier! What a battle she had to endure, and all that time in line when she could have been with her family doing something more meaningful (like VACATIONING) with them instead of arguing over towels that I know she returned.

There is a loophole that I found during the return towel process that I haven’t seen people talking in here. You figured it out and they will never charge you by mistake, my friend is currently using it and it’s working for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a loophole that I found during the return towel process that I haven’t seen people talking in here. You figured it out and they will never charge you by mistake, my friend is currently using it and it’s working for them.

Obtain towels from unoccupied loungers?

I'm curious, tell us!

Who's to say they were really unoccupied.

Some poor schmuck now has to argue with Guest Services

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you go out at 8 in the morning the loungers will be full of towels and very few occupants. I expect at that time it's safe to say they are really unoccupied.:halo:

Nope, you have to check them out from the pool deck. And, if you don't check them back in before the end of the cruise, you get chagred $25 per towel.

No they don’t....you have to check them in and out at the pool towel station at the pool.

Wow, we might just bring our own this time around.

When we checked our final invoice on Jewel of the Seas, we saw we had been charged for not returning two pool towels when we definitely had.

We went to Guest Services, and were surprised to see a dedicated line entitled ‘Pool Towels’ specifically for guests who had been wrongfully charged for apparently not returning their towels. If there are so many mistakes being made by RCI staff not correctly checking towels back in, then surely a better, more reliable system needs to be implemented. Some guests, like the OP, are not aware of the charges until sometime later, then one has all the hassle of trying to resolve the issue from a distance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we checked our final invoice on Jewel of the Seas, we saw we had been charged for not returning two pool towels when we definitely had.

We went to Guest Services, and were surprised to see a dedicated line entitled ‘Pool Towels’ specifically for guests who had been wrongfully charged for apparently not returning their towels. If there are so many mistakes being made by RCI staff not correctly checking towels back in, then surely a better, more reliable system needs to be implemented. Some guests, like the OP, are not aware of the charges until sometime later, then one has all the hassle of trying to resolve the issue from a distance.

They can't bill for mini-fridge items (we didn't use) anymore so Royal has to make up the difference.

I bet it's at least $1000 per cruise.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We just got back from Oasis on June 10th. We had checked out 4 towels for Labadee and returned them at the gangway when we got back on the ship. Their scanner wasn't working so the guy wrote down our room number and said we were good. Our room steward did not give us a copy of our invoice on our last night, so I had to request one from Royal today. Of course, I find a $100 charge for 4 towels. I called them and they said it would take 3-4 days for them to research the sign in sheets and get back to me. I will fight this if they don't refund the money.

I would not have allowed the call to end like that. Sounds like Fun and Games for a phone agent just blowing you off.

Obtain towels from unoccupied loungers?

No, that might be considered stealing

Hit: According to my friend “ it works 20% when checking out the towels but 80-90% when returning the towels

No, that might be considered stealing

Hit: According to my friend “ it works 20% when checking out the towels but 80-90% when returning the towels

I'm going to give a wild guess that your friend tells them they forgot the card and just makes up a cabin number or name.

They can't bill for mini-fridge items (we didn't use) anymore so Royal has to make up the difference.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yep, that crossed our minds too [emoji6]

Yep, that crossed our minds too [emoji6]

Except for the fact that this was in place WAY before they stopped stocking the mini-bars.... but nice try on the conspiracy theory angle.

There are always lots of clean towels on deck chairs around the pool in the morning. Next time just take a couple of those and you're good to go for the week.

I am with them on this post! :D

It is interesting to note that on Celebrity Cruises, (sister cruise line), they treat you like adults. Towels are available in numerous locations for the taking, no sign outs. They often have them placed on all the chairs arould the pool in the early mornings. Celebrity treats you like adults.

RCCL just uses the sign-out of towels as a money making scheme IMHO.

Normally I would be skeptical of that type of conspiracy theory, but the evidence seems to be headed that way. As another poster mentioned, the dedicated line for clearing towel charges would indicate Royal is aware of their own short comings. The $25 dollar charge could be considered evidence its a money making scheme. Those towels probably don't cost the cruise line more than $5 each, including cost of delivery and handling to get to the ship. If celebrity can do it, so can Royal, If they raised the price of every cruise $10 that would cover it and few would notice. Then maybe they could use towels worth $10. Back when Allure was in its inaugural year, they had actually nice towels.

It is interesting to note that on Celebrity Cruises, (sister cruise line), they treat you like adults. Towels are available in numerous locations for the taking, no sign outs. They often have them placed on all the chairs arould the pool in the early mornings. Celebrity treats you like adults.

Not completely true. When you visit ports where many people go to the beach, they leave yellow towels in your cabin and instruct you to only take the yellow towels ashore. They claim they will charge you if you don’t return the towels to the cabin