Question Regarding Princess Theater Seating

AF-1

Hello everyone, I am booking a Concerts at Sea cruise with music groups from the 60's. My question to all you experts is this. The promoter offers several seating packages and I am not sure which area they are talking about. One seat area is 1st row Balcony Seating; the other area is reserved seating mezzanine level between the orchestra and balcony levels. Does anyone have a seating diagram or can someone tell me the difference between these options? Their is a price difference with the seating. Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Hello everyone, I am booking a Concerts at Sea cruise with music groups from the 60's. My question to all you experts is this. The promoter offers several seating packages and I am not sure which area they are talking about. One seat area is 1st row Balcony Seating; the other area is reserved seating mezzanine level between the orchestra and balcony levels. Does anyone have a seating diagram or can someone tell me the difference between these options? Their is a price difference with the seating. Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Are you sure you are going on a Princess cruise? What ship are you going on?

it kinda / sorta might be IF - you consider the 'upper floor entrance' as the "balcony"

and

there is a railing that separates the 'balcony' from the lower floor entrance "mezzanine"

and

the 'stage' as the "orchestra" as I don't remember how much space if any, is between "the front row" and the stage

maybe

OK, I found The Ruby Princess Sept 8th, 2018. Is this your cruise? If yes, select what I think is called mezzanine, center section. There really isn't a balcony nor a mezzanine in the theater It is one large theater. Front to rear there is a lower section where the seating is kind of flat, a few stairs to a center section, and then on the two sides there is a rear section. No rear section in the center. If the rear section is what is called the balcony then you will be siting with a walkway right in front of you. Side to side there is a center section with an aisle on each side and two side sections with an aisle against the walls.

This must be a Charter since Princess never has reserved seating in their theaters.

When Concerts at Sea is on a Princess ship it isn't a full charter.

Except for their special concerts those doing it have special concerts (rock & roll 50's & 60's) normally in the late afternoon in Princess Theater available only to them ... otherwise they are a part of normal ship activities.

The best seats in Princess Theater are in the most expensive Concerts at Sea package.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks all, Concerts At Sea just uses the ship; not complete ship. If you want to cruise Princess you can during the week; Concerts at Sea has the theater and several lounges reserved during the cruise to have private concerts, or meet and greets and autograph signing. The reserved seats are for the more expensive package; and we will be buying one of the packages with reserved seating mainly because my sister in law has a walker and we don't want to have to sit all the way in the back in handicap seating;; nor do we want the front row. My wife and I have been on Emerald and the front row is too close to stage and you have to look up to see all the acts. Mezzanine is our first choice since we will be in 1st row; which will give us extra leg room for my sil's walker.

Do a Google search for pictures of the theater. Several images available that give an idea of the seating. It looks like the first row behind the railing is mezzanine where the few people are seated. I think that is where we will be

Ruby-Princess-Theatre.jpg

32976844765_04beeedcf4_b.jpg

All of the end-of-row seating in the lowest section - at least on the Starboard side - is reserved for HC seating. They announce it before all shows and there are also placards on the side of the seats. One doesn't have to be all the way down front and there is a side door that makes it easy to get in and out of the theater using a walker rather than having to deal with stairs.

All of the end-of-row seating in the lowest section - at least on the Starboard side - is reserved for HC seating. They announce it before all shows and there are also placards on the side of the seats. One doesn't have to be all the way down front and there is a side door that makes it easy to get in and out of the theater using a walker rather than having to deal with stairs.

On the Royal I didn't notice any HC placards on any of those seats.

Many of the extra large people used to try to get those seats since the arm rests swiveled up so they could actually fit in the small seats.

• 2 weeks later...
Well we reserved seats for the concert in the first row mezzanine level; which will allow for my sis in laws walker and it gives us all more leg room. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas

Do you mean that you personally held the seats or did you reserve the seats from Princess in advance?

I looked at the Concerts at Sea site. They expect more than 1,000 to attend. If you search this cruise on the Princess site, there is no mention that 1/3 of the ship will be taken over by a large group of 50's and 60's rock enthusiasts who will be taking over various venues for private events. It appears that the artists will also be performing at open events. While it actually sounds pretty nice to me, it would probably significantly detract from the experience to someone not into 50's and 60's rock. I know that every cruise has groups with special interests but these are usually relatively small groups of up to a few hundred. When 1/3 the ship is taken over, Princess really should let prospective cruisers know - but I know they won't.