Cruises

LoveCruise1234

Why are you scared? Do you not like to travel? It's really no different than going to a hotel (albeit, with smaller rooms!) and doing what you want on any vacation! The only difference in a cruise is that you'll go to different places daily!

Why are you scared? Do you not like to travel? It's really no different than going to a hotel (albeit, with smaller rooms!) and doing what you want on any vacation! The only difference in a cruise is that you'll go to different places daily!

The big difference is a hotel is on land and of course a ship is at sea.....Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to. But I agree no reason to be scared...if so...opt for something else OP....It's not up to us to tell you to be scared or not...we don't know you.

Just scared that it’s sinks , something happens , which is better day or night

Statistically you are much safer on a cruise ship than on a plane or in a car. I saw one study that said there had been 16 or 17 sinkings since 1980. Most were smaller ships sailing in hostile environments. There's only been 1 ( Costa Concordia) since 2009. Hundreds of thousands of passengers sail safely every year.

As for your question, surely the answer is self evident.

But if you're that freaked about such a miniscule possibility, then select a land vacation instead. Cruising isn't for everyone.

The cruise ships are very large. When you are inside in an area without windows, it doesn't even feel like you are on a ship. The theaters are huge. There are also night clubs, stores, a gym, a spa area, and restaurants. It's kind of like a mall. Outside, they have pools, hot tubs, and lots of loungers. The large buffet area is usually at one end of the ship and surrounded by windows, so the views are amazing.

I've been trying to get my adult daughter to go on a cruise, but she is scared too, so I get it. It makes her nervous to think about being in the middle of the ocean. I have the opposite reaction. It is the most peaceful feeling to me to be in he middle of the ocean. The ship is huge, so I don't worry about sinking. It's just not something that happens.

My last cruise was on NCL Escape and it was a lot of fun. The shows are very good and they have a lot of fun dance parties, among many other things. Maybe you can watch some youtube videos of that ship to see what it is like. That might help.

If you have to ask, be afraid, be very afraid. Take a land based vacation. Unless there is a possibility of volcanic eruption within a hundred miles. Or someone has been mugged within, oh, five years or so, at your destination. Or there has been a tornado. Or there has been a hurricane. Or there has been an earthquake.

Seriously, if the ship sinking is a real fear of yours, get some cognitive therapy, and take a chance. Live a little.

Cruising is my favorite way to vacation. I hate being in water, since I have a fear of drowning. I can swim, but just the fear of drowning stops me from going in very deep. I can't even watch a movie with underwater scenes without feeling like I can't breath. But put me on a cruise any day! Give it a try!

Cruising is a wonderful way to see the world...which is why millions of people a year board the ships....and for a pretty decent price. A good amount of time, you do not even feel you are on the open seas! Soooo much fun and so relaxing. You will never know whether you like it if you do not try. Start with a shorter cruise...like 5 days.

Statistically you are much safer on a cruise ship than on a plane or in a car. I saw one study that said there had been 16 or 17 sinkings since 1980. Most were smaller ships sailing in hostile environments. There's only been 1 ( Costa Concordia) since 2009. Hundreds of thousands of passengers sail safely every year.

As for your question, surely the answer is self evident.

But if you're that freaked about such a miniscule possibility, then select a land vacation instead. Cruising isn't for everyone.

May I add that the Concordia only sank due to sheer stupidity via the captain.

Anyone else think this is an odd question based purely on the lack of information? Why did the OP single out the Escape? Have they been asked to go on a cruise on this particular ship? I would like to know more.

I think this is someone just having a good laugh at everyone's expense. It seems like a juvenile question...

Sent from my iPad using Forums