Oh Darn-- I forgot....

Shaded Lady

My first cruise was in the 90's on the SS Constitution out of Honolulu. Imagine my surprise when I opened my suitcase in the cabin only to find out I hadn't packed ANY short pants. I must have been too focused on making sure I had suitable pants for dinner - weird, since I was living on O'ahu at the time.

Any way, I got to spend most of the first port day in Kona getting to the store and buying some clothes.

Aloha,

John

My son who was about 21 art three time forgot to pack underwear. Luckily my dad and brother had purchased new packages and was able to get some from each. I did laundry twice on the cruise so he would have clean underwear. Since then I airways buy a pack and put it in my suitcase as an added precaution.

Great question Shaded Lady. Not us, but friends of ours. When they packed and put their luggage out the night before disembarkation, they forgot to leave outfits for the following day. Had to leave the ship in their PJ'S. I would have died. I have read this many times and seems to happen to a lot of people. :')

On the last night of our last cruise I packed the clothes I had worn for dinner together with my small handbag and put the case outside the room. Next morning I realised that my cruise card was still in the handbag so had to queue at Passenger Services to get a replacement card so I could leave the ship :)

So far we have never forgotten anything. Even before computer came along, I used a typewriter to make lists for exactly what was to go into each suitcase and carry-ons which includes medications.

Works for us.

DH takes many medications (some 3 times a day) and a ship would never be able to supply him with them.

I once forgot to pack pair of pants. I usually just bring two pairs, but on that cruise I was down to just the khakis I had worn down on the plane plus my tuxedo pants. I don't think our tablemates noticed that I wore the same khakis eight nights out of ten.

Our cruise just last month I decided to try those packing cubes, I decided it would be nice to put all of my shorts together in one cube. Got on the ship went to change into them and no shorts cube. Unpacked everything and they weren’t there. Thankfully I had a couple pair of capris, but I searched for shorts in 3 ports to find none. Well we found some but the super short short ones (not going to happen!) and a cute pair at the Guy Harvey store in Grand Cayman but not for $70. Those 2 pairs of capris got a lot of use that week! Came home found that shorts cube sitting nicely on the end of my bed! How did we not see that, no clue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I seem to forget toothbrush and toothpaste regularly, probably because I use them the morning we leave.

Now I pack an extra toothbrush and toothpaste so I don't have to remember to pack the ones I normally use.

Almost left home for 2.5 hour drive to airport and flight to Florida without one passport. I had grabbed what I thought were both passports. Turns out my address book was similar in size and color to the passports and had brought one passport and the address book.

Luckily I double checked passport as we were in our driveway and noticed the error. Needless to say, the passports are not in the same place as the address book now!

My husband left his hearing aids in the car which was in the port parking garage and didn't realize it until we got to our cabin.

(He hates wearing them while driving.)

Princess Guest Services was great! They had someone walk him off quickly and gave him a card (like the ones B2B folks get) to return to the ship. :)

Not a huge deal like meds, but it was strange because my wife is meticulous with packing lists. After each trip she tweeks her lists if anything needs to change.

Still my wife forgot her hairbrush on one trip. Apparently one that is very specific for her hair needs and it did affect her ability to style her hair the way she was used to. She made it work.

Now as we just start are drive to the airport, I look at her and say "have your hairbrush?" ;p;p

On another cruise, I left our cruise docs on top of the car when we parked. We managed to check in without them. They were still sitting on top of the car when we got back from the cruise. It was in Charleston and parking is in a building.

Not a huge deal like meds, but it was strange because my wife is meticulous with packing lists. After each trip she tweeks her lists if anything needs to change.

Still my wife forgot her hairbrush on one trip. Apparently one that is very specific for her hair needs and it did affect her ability to style her hair the way she was used to. She made it work.

Now as we just start are drive to the airport, I look at her and say "have your hairbrush?" ;p;p

I’m a big ‘lister’ too so I couldn’t understand how I managed to mess up so often! I finally figured out that I had items that I knew wouldn’t be forgotten (who forgets pajamas for heaven’s sake?) so I was crossing them off my list. Now nothing gets crossed off til it’s in the suitcase!

bow tie and medications for my husband ... both very important. bow tie we bought in port, went without meds because I did not have a list...I could take to a pharmacy... now always double check.

We were staying in Houston the day before a cruise. Our DIL discovered she forgot to pack any socks. She and our DD walked to a sports store and bought socks for her.

Fast forward to the cruise. I unpacked and found that *I* had also forgotten to pack socks. Fortunately our DIL had bought a package of 12 and shared with me.

Not me but quite a few people always tend to forget their patience when on a cruise. They rush here and there and are rude and pushy when trying to get a table in the MDR or even a seat in the theatre 20 minutes prior. They should remember that it is a holiday and distress, they won't go hungry and they will get a seat, just maybe not a front seat.

Not me but quite a few people always tend to forget their patience when on a cruise. They rush here and there and are rude and pushy when trying to get a table in the MDR or even a seat in the theatre 20 minutes prior. They should remember that it is a holiday and distress, they won't go hungry and they will get a seat, just maybe not a front seat.

*sigh* Yes, very true.

On our last cruise I forgot the power cord for my CPAP Machine. I had all the extension cords and adapters to set up power to both my DW and my machine. It was a long cruise for sleeping for both of us. I snored and kept waking up. Even tried in 2 ports of call to find a replacement with no luck. We made it work but it is now on top of our cruise packing list. Still had a fabulous time.

Happy Cruising

I don't have lists or anything but when packing I make sure I have at least 3 outfits for the day and 3 for the evening, this generally consists of 6 shirts a pair of trousers and a pair of shorts. In addition, I will be wearing a set of clothes which gives a 4th option for the evenings. Then I just go through the activities that we will be doing while away and making sure we have the necessary things for this (i,e hats, sunscreen, snorkels, etc).