Someone please calm me down

We'll be on Radiance next month, cruising out of Sydney around New Zealand.

We self disembark. The only flight I could get out was at noon.

Can I get through customs and get a taxi to the airport in time? We can skip breakfast if we need to.

I don't want to think and stress about this during the whole cruise. I can handle it if I know it's tight and adjust.

Thanks.

As long as the ship docks back in Sydney on or close to time, you will be fine.

Processing thru the terminal is quick, no more than 15' normally, and you should definitely be in a taxi within 30 minutes of stepping off the ship. On recent Voyager cruise, we didn't wake early, took our time, didn't so self disembark, & were on the train by 8:10am.

If it is a week day, there will be traffic on roads to airport, but 1 hour max, closer to half that likely. If you are able, the train is a great option. The train station is less than 10' walk from the terminal, and the train trip is around 20' & you will get off the train directly under the airport terminal.

Don't stress :) You should still be able to enjoy breakfast.

As long as the ship docks back in Sydney on or close to time, you will be fine.

Processing thru the terminal is quick, no more than 15' normally, and you should definitely be in a taxi within 30 minutes of stepping off the ship. On recent Voyager cruise, we didn't wake early, took our time, didn't so self disembark, & were on the train by 8:10am.

If it is a week day, there will be traffic on roads to airport, but 1 hour max, closer to half that likely. If you are able, the train is a great option. The train station is less than 10' walk from the terminal, and the train trip is around 20' & you will get off the train directly under the airport terminal.

Don't stress :) You should still be able to enjoy breakfast.

Thanks. I'll look into the train option.

Don't stress you'll be fine as long as you self disembark. We recently left from Sydney and we had an 11:30 a.m. flight and we had plenty of time. We took a taxi as we were 4 people.

Don't stress you'll be fine as long as you self disembark. We recently left from Sydney and we had an 11:30 a.m. flight and we had plenty of time. We took a taxi as we were 4 people.

Same here. We had an 11:30 flight too. Did the self embark, got a taxi immediately. Got to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Definitely stop freaking out. You'll be fine. I'm betting you'll be at the airport and waiting with PLENTY of time to spare! (BTW, breakfast is earlier than normal on the last morning!)

When was your cruise in Australia? I'd love to hear all about it. ;)

You will be fine. Sydney is an extremely efficient cruise port...with very friendly customs officials. I would also suggest taking the train back to the airport. There are ticket machines and a stop nearby where you disembark. (but it is slightly uphill) And the train lets you off downstairs from the airport.

Do a little research. We were very impressed with the Sydney transit system! :D

You'll be fine. Yes, another vote for the train.

Are you spending any time in Sydney before your cruise?

If so, you should get an Opal Card to get around Sydney. You can use it for the bus, ferry, and the train. Note: Make sure to have at least $15 (AUD) so you can use it going back to the airport.

We've had two flights before noon from Sydney back to LAX. We also self-disembark. We walk off the ship, through the gangway, and pass through customs without a hitch. The Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) is perhaps the friendliest, easiest, most organized cruise terminal we have been to.

From the cruise terminal, it's only about a 10-minute easy walk to the train station (Circular Quay). With the Opal Card, you simply "tap on" and walk through the turnstiles. Take the elevator upstairs and wait for the train. There are trains going to the airport every 10 minutes. It only takes about 20 minutes to get to the airport...no traffic.

Note: There's a different stop for Domestic and International flights...you'll clearly see it inside the train and an announcement will be made prior to all the stops.

We always get to the airport with plenty of time...problem is, with that much time, my wonderful wife ends up buying more stuff at the massive duty-free shop. :) You'll be fine...no worries.

Definitely look into the train, it's about $16AU per person, and as mentioned before, it's right on the doorstep at both locations.

Sydney transport is pretty efficient, and the trip time is 20-odd minutes, so super quick too. Especially when it comes to traffic times in Sydney - a zillion cars and roadworks all over the shop.

We self disembarked less than a month ago. Took us 10 min to walk through customs.

Since we've spent 4 days pre-cruise in Sydney, we had the Opal card ready.

We took the train also when we arrived, were booked in Holiday Inn Old Sydney just opposite the cruise terminal for this very reason.

The ride one way costs around 18 AUD.

From the cruise terminal to the train is a very easy 10 min walk, the people are friendly and always willing to help. ~8 stops.

Highly recommend using it to the International Airport.

Think you might be on the same cruise as us.

As others have mentioned it will not be an issue. Just take the train to the airport and you will have plenty of time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums