Perry Grant?

4cats4me

Is Perry Grant currently on the Royal? I keep hearing that he is the be-all end-all? Is the Royal his semi-permanent home? I would like to catch his act in a couple weeks, if so.

Thanks.

Is Perry Grant currently on the Royal? I keep hearing that he is the be-all end-all? Is the Royal his semi-permanent home? I would like to catch his act in a couple weeks, if so.

Thanks.

I can’t answer your question. I just like to tell you my wife & her cousin loved his show. I also thought he was very good!!

Tony

We will be on Royal in two weeks. What form of entertainment does Perry Grant do ?

He entertains himself mostly. Can't stand the guy and was pleased to learn he was longer on Celebrity ships. Thankfully I missed him two years ago when I was on Royal Princess.

He's a Marmite kind of guy, and I hate Marmite

We will be on Royal in two weeks. What form of entertainment does Perry Grant do ?

He's the pianist in Crooner's. He appeals to a specific type of music audience, and is less abiut variety and such than other pianists onboard.

We liked him better when he was on Celebrity (before he became a "star" so to speak) and he would play more variety of music, and interact more with the crowd in a much less organized, repetitive way.

He does have a large following that books cruises specifically for him, regardless of ship or itineray.. He's talented just not our cup of tea.

He moves on come May. He has his own website that details his itineraries..

My wife overheard that he was leaving the Royal for the Chrystal Line around Easter or so??:confused:

Perhaps you missed the info posted just a very few posts before yours:

Perry Grant will be on the Royal till May 1.

He also has his website, which is updated regularly with his schedule, along with his Facebook page, and his Facebook fan pages..

Perhaps you missed the info posted just a very few posts before yours:

He also has his website, which is updated regularly with his schedule, along with his Facebook page, and his Facebook fan pages..

I'm not one of his dedicated fans so following him on Facebook isn't anything I care to do.

Perry Grant is not for everyone. In fact, he's been our least favorite entertainer in Crooners across our 14 Princess trips. It depends on your age range and musical preferences. Seems to only play old standards and is over the top cheesy with bad jokes. I much prefer the big voices who play more contemporary pieces such as Joey Yates.

But, from what I saw on Royal in February he has quite a large following that even seems a bit like groupies. It's funny to watch that element. I may just be in the minority.

Perry Grant is not for everyone. In fact, he's been our least favorite entertainer in Crooners across our 14 Princess trips. It depends on your age range and musical preferences. Seems to only play old standards and is over the top cheesy with bad jokes. I much prefer the big voices who play more contemporary pieces such as Joey Yates.

But, from what I saw on Royal in February he has quite a large following that even seems a bit like groupies. It's funny to watch that element. I may just be in the minority.

No, you're not in the minority, I found it funny to watch the groupies gather waiting for the show to start :D

We saw him quite awhile ago on Celebrity - we thought he was quite entertaining! not so much the music but the interaction with the audience. He is snarky and offended my travel companions but I'd love to see him again, if he is still interacting, not just singing. His appearance is a tad bizarre - almost looks like a corpse!

We saw him quite awhile ago on Celebrity - we thought he was quite entertaining! not so much the music but the interaction with the audience. He is snarky and offended my travel companions but I'd love to see him again, if he is still interacting, not just singing. His appearance is a tad bizarre - almost looks like a corpse!

He still "interacts" but it's much more of a set piece now versus back in the "olden" days in Michael's Club on Celebrity, where it was more spontaneous, and varied. He has a set shtick or two now that he does over and over.

His fans, the ones who followed him en masse from Celebrity to Princess to Crystal and so forth all still very loyal...

Perry is certainly one of a kind :). DW and I would usually go to 1 or 2 of his shows when we cruised on the Celebrity Eclipse for 14 days. 2 shows was about all we could take...but he has fans who will not only never miss his shows...but they actually book cruises just because Perry is on the ship.

My main complaint about Perry is that he has not changed his show (or jokes) in the past thirty + years. Oh yes, "and what are you wearing this evening?" or "do you have marble or granite (in your kitchen)?" Perhaps the most amazing thing about Perry is his plastic surgeon :).

Hank

• Haha 1

I am one of those who do book cruises to see Perry. He is by far the best entertainer I have ever seen at sea. He is a talented musician but we go show after show because he is absolutely hilarious. Yes he does wear a chicken head from time to time but the secret to the laughs he gets is his quick wit much more than his slapstick schtick. I think people who don't find him funny have lost their silly bone.

No, you're not in the minority, I found it funny to watch the groupies gather waiting for the show to start :D

We were on his first Princess cruise (Royal Princess October 2016) and there seemed to be hundreds of followers defecting from Celebrity just because of Perry according to many posts on our roll call. We had the misfortune to be having a light dinner at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar when he started one of his sets so we couldn't avoid him. After that we made sure we timed our hanging out in the Atrium to avoid his shows. We did see him up close and personal on an elevator one evening. The earlier poster who compared him to Liberace was spot on, especially from a costume perspective. We were blinded by the bright red sequined suit. I do have to say that he was very kind to the fans that were in the elevator with him.

He entertains himself mostly. Can't stand the guy and was pleased to learn he was longer on Celebrity ships. Thankfully I missed him two years ago when I was on Royal Princess.

He's a Marmite kind of guy, and I hate Marmite

I know what Marmite is, but your remark makes no sense? I guess no sense of humor would likely be your game. Saw the guy on Eclipse & we loved him, shtick & all.

Ignore Esprit. The guy has no sense of humor. Perry is kind of like Liberace. His skill at the piano is not as good, but he has quick humor. By the way, should he invite you up to light his balls(disco balls!) He'll ask about your place of residence. Make sure you tell him your counter tops are Granite & ALL fixtures are brushed nickel(or similar)as you say yes, he starts slipping on these huge fake diamond rings. If your counter tops are "Formica", the rings come off & he pulls out this "barf bag"

and goes "Pwarff!!" into it(best written sound effect I can come up with)He plays a lot of the 1940's through 1950's style music. Very entertaining & very nice to his fans.