Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

Beer...yes. Bucky only drinks his beer out of a bottle and refuses the glass....but wine out of a bottle? :confused::o Nah, have not done that since we were teenagers sneaking out for some cheap crappy wine in a bottle some one brought...pass it around dudes! :')

OMG, you just brought back some memories from a summer day long ago when I was hanging out with friends by a local river, swinging on a rope and dropping into the cool water on a hot day, and drinking good ole Boone's Farm wine right out of the bottle!!! Haha!! Strawberry Hill was my fave!!! Yes, we were all in our teens!!:o

Good times for sure!!;p

The one on highway 192 was near to a hotel we stayed at.

The last 3 visits we have stayed at the BuenaVistaPalace at Lake Buenavista and used Longhorns near the premium outlet.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Yep in that area a bunch of Longhorns, Outback’s, and Texas Roadhouse.

Actually, Charlie’s has a place in that area. Appears they closed the OBT location and can’t say I blame them.

https://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/about/locations/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully we will meet you in the CL/DL on a future cruise and I will be happy to make a gift of a couple to you! :)

Otherwise they grow too much moss on themselves sitting alone in that drawer anyway. ;)

It would be lovely to meet up in a DL/CL sometime but i couldn't ask you to part with something with sentimental value but thanks for the kind offer.

OMG, you just brought back some memories from a summer day long ago when I was hanging out with friends by a local river, swinging on a rope and dropping into the cool water on a hot day, and drinking good ole Boone's Farm wine right out of the bottle!!! Haha!! Strawberry Hill was my fave!!! Yes, we were all in our teens!!:o

Good times for sure!!;p

I think I was there!! :') Sounds familiar for sure! Green Apple I think was one of my choices also. ;p

We also did those big "jug" wines that had the little hole handle. They were great for tying a rope in the handle and dragging behind the canoe in the water to keep it cold. Glugg...glugg. :')

It would be lovely to meet up in a DL/CL sometime but i couldn't ask you to part with something with sentimental value but thanks for the kind offer.

Gosh no...they are memories...but I don't need that many of them. Still "government" property of a sort. ;)

Gosh no...they are memories...but I don't need that many of them. Still "government" property of a sort. ;)
That would be very kind of you.

If we were ever fortunate to meet yourself and Bucky please let us take you to Giovanni's or similar in return for the $2 bills.

Boones strawberryhill?m

Beer...yes. Bucky only drinks his beer out of a bottle and refuses the glass....but wine out of a bottle? :confused::o Nah, have not done that since we were teenagers sneaking out for some cheap crappy wine in a bottle some one brought...pass it around dudes! :')

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Charlie's in OBT? There used to be one on route 192 irlo bronson. Used to go there 20 years ago but haven't been back since early 2000. Last time we ate at Charlie's they had butcher paper instead of tablecloths and the steak was ok. That was the last time there and i believe it was the one on I drive. Was not impressed and haven't been back.

I like the ribeye at Shula's at Swan and Dolphin resort. Also Le Cellier in epcot has a good ribeye. Did not care for Yachtsman Steakhouse or Victoria and Albert's at Disneyworld. For the price I would rather go to Ruth Chris.

Funny thing is I like Texas roadhouse steaks. Great quality for price.

Will have to give Berns in Tampa a try. Although this june we are not going to Bushgardens so will have to be our next trip in october.

I used to love a big Porterhouse but in recent year a bone in ribeye for me.

If your in Orlando, you should try the old Charlie’s Steakhouse on OBT. They opened a new one on International Drive But just not the same. Berns in Tampa is one of the most highly rated Steakhouse’s in Florida.

Longhorns is like Outback or Texas Roadhouse, a chain franchise. We think longhorns adds too much salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Charlie's in OBT? There used to be one on route 192 irlo bronson. Used to go there 20 years ago but haven't been back since early 2000. Last time we ate at Charlie's they had butcher paper instead of tablecloths and the steak was ok. That was the last time there and i believe it was the one on I drive. Was not impressed and haven't been back.

I like the ribeye at Shula's at Swan and Dolphin resort. Also Le Cellier in epcot has a good ribeye. Did not care for Yachtsman Steakhouse or Victoria and Albert's at Disneyworld. For the price I would rather go to Ruth Chris.

Funny thing is I like Texas roadhouse steaks. Great quality for price.

Will have to give Berns in Tampa a try. Although this june we are not going to Bushgardens so will have to be our next trip in october.

Someone else recommend Ruth Chris and when i looked there seemed to be one not far from BVP hotel just off SR535 so will try it.

We liked BVPalace hotel because rooms had a small balcony and you just walk across the road to Disney Village.

I'd like to get back to the tipping in DL and CL. Before anyone jumps to conclusions when reading the post, I tip appropriately at the end of the cruise depending on the service regardless of where the person works, (like others have mentioned, I do not carry cash or wallet on a ship).

Do the people who tip by the drink also tip the waiters after each course to ensure the rest of the meal is brought to them in a timely and friendly manner? Do you tip the cabin steward by the day in case they change mid cruise?

The waiters who work in the DL and CL also work in other bars during the hours not in the lounges. Would it be fair that they get a slice of the pre paid gratuities from people who had bought the DP and then get additional tips for those 3 hours?

In the CL there are 2 different types of guests. There are those in suites and those who are DL+ and above. The suite guests pay a lot more daily gratuities, (whether pre-paid or the 'recommended' daily rate), which covers gratuities for the CL staff. Should the suite guests be guilt tripped into tipping again?

My experience is that, even though I do not tip by the drink/day, I still get the same experience as others with staff coming to us with our preferred drinks as soon as we sit down. If you think you get that service because of your $1 then I believe you are seriously mistaken. It's because that member of staff is going beyond the normal to give every person that extra special experience. Accordingly, these staff get a bigger 'bonus' at the end of the cruise, even if I need to hunt them down on the last day, which has never been a problem. (So I might have been one of those some of you have noticed that does not tip by the drink, but in reality you have not got a clue how much I do or do not tip, or tip at all, so why jump to conclusions?)

Finally, tipping should be a personal reward for a service received. The moment it becomes an expectation its no longer a tip. Let me leave you with a final thought, a bit of a paradox - if you tip by the glass will your service get better or actually drop as the waiter knows what they are getting, or will they work harder for you if you tip at the end so that they ensure that they do get a good tip at the end?

I'd like to get back to the tipping in DL and CL. Before anyone jumps to conclusions when reading the post, I tip appropriately at the end of the cruise depending on the service regardless of where the person works, (like others have mentioned, I do not carry cash or wallet on a ship).

Do the people who tip by the drink also tip the waiters after each course to ensure the rest of the meal is brought to them in a timely and friendly manner? Do you tip the cabin steward by the day in case they change mid cruise?

The waiters who work in the DL and CL also work in other bars during the hours not in the lounges. Would it be fair that they get a slice of the pre paid gratuities from people who had bought the DP and then get additional tips for those 3 hours?

In the CL there are 2 different types of guests. There are those in suites and those who are DL+ and above. The suite guests pay a lot more daily gratuities, (whether pre-paid or the 'recommended' daily rate), which covers gratuities for the CL staff. Should the suite guests be guilt tripped into tipping again?

My experience is that, even though I do not tip by the drink/day, I still get the same experience as others with staff coming to us with our preferred drinks as soon as we sit down. If you think you get that service because of your $1 then I believe you are seriously mistaken. It's because that member of staff is going beyond the normal to give every person that extra special experience. Accordingly, these staff get a bigger 'bonus' at the end of the cruise, even if I need to hunt them down on the last day, which has never been a problem. (So I might have been one of those some of you have noticed that does not tip by the drink, but in reality you have not got a clue how much I do or do not tip, or tip at all, so why jump to conclusions?)

Finally, tipping should be a personal reward for a service received. The moment it becomes an expectation its no longer a tip. Let me leave you with a final thought, a bit of a paradox - if you tip by the glass will your service get better or actually drop as the waiter knows what they are getting, or will they work harder for you if you tip at the end so that they ensure that they do get a good tip at the end?

Why do you feel the need to explain yourself. Its not as if you will be confronted by anyone on board. It is the written word where the unnecessary remarks occur and can be easily ignored so as not to encourage the trolls.

Where is Oceanboys quote when you need it? ;p

You can get your Guinness, then.:cool: Three seconds to down a pint took some doing, too heavy. Took longer to pour.

The cruise is no longer showing on the UK site, is it sold out?

Think so we booked the 5 nighter several months ago.

I got an email yesterday offering 25% off excursions.