Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

Maybe he is including his wife in the total. That would not be much of a wow. And they might not all be alcoholic drinks either.
Glasses of champagne aren't very big and Pauline might have 3 drinks.

I like a drink on holiday because at home we are practically tee total because Paulines mams illness dictates we might have to drive with little notice any time of the day or might.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I like a drink on holiday because at home we are practically tee total because Paulines mams illness dictates we might have to drive with little notice any time of the day or might.

So just how long does it take to drink 5 drinks each?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe he is including his wife in the total. That would not be much of a wow. And they might not all be alcoholic drinks either.

I was thinking 5/5. Five drinks during the cocktail hours to me is a lot and I am sure they are not giving up their seats. Lol

I mean, everyone has the right to park themselves in the DL. Many do it now.

...and neither are the glasses of wine or the bottles of water.

Edited by davekathy

It used to be brewed at the Newcastle brewery about 10 miles away from where we live but now is brewed in Holland and not as good.

I used to drink Newcastle Exhibition Ale which was available on draught only whereas Brown Ale is a darker colour and only available in Bottles.

I noticed the Holland connection on the label. Don't drink that much beer anymore, but I really enjoy with pizza - pretty much more of a wine drinker. I am sure I am much older than you! Fondly remember Tetley's breweries in Leeds and Yorkshire in the 60's and 70's. The good old days of great soccer and British beer (bitter)!!!! A lifetime ago!

So just how long does it take to drink 5 drinks each?

I drink 2 of Paulines lol.

We usually carry a couple of glasses out to take to the MTD restaurant or stop at a bar and pick up a couple of Diamond voucher drinks.

Every free drink i always give $1 a drink to the server.IMG-20151226-WA0012.jpg.28616cff6e6afb33a34214534c10ead2.jpg

I was thinking 5/5. Five drinks during the cocktail hours to me is a lot and I am sure they are not giving up their seats. Lol

We usually go into the DL around 7.15-7.30 pm and leave at 8.30pm to go to MTD or speciality restaurant so 1 hour in a half full DL is hardly being an inconvenience.

At 61 i think i am old enough not to get permission to have a few drinks.

Kindest Regards.

Graham.

I noticed the Holland connection on the label. Don't drink that much beer anymore, but I really enjoy with pizza - pretty much more of a wine drinker. I am sure I am much older than you! Fondly remember Tetley's breweries in Leeds and Yorkshire in the 60's and 70's. The good old days of great soccer and British beer (bitter)!!!! A lifetime ago!
I am 61 Pauline is 56 we have been together 40 years.

I certainly remember Tetleys and John Smiths ales.

Nowadays i drink,

Old Speckled Hen which has a lot more hoppy tasteIMG_20160510_173423.thumb.jpg.2d22b1c9dca164fb6c1d7f74606cc91b.jpg

The number of drinks i drink on a weeks cruise in the DL is more than the combined total of alcoholic drinks i drink in a full year at home.

How do you compare Rory ??

The number of drinks i drink on a weeks cruise in the DL is more than the combined total of alcoholic drinks i drink in a full year at home.

How do you compare Rory ??

I wish I could figure out how to multi quote.

My comment was in regards to your post that seemed to indicate you and wife generally drank ten drinks a night in the DL. That just seemed like a lot in one location.

Certainly I will drink more than five drinks in a day as we have the Drink Package. I don’t normally have more than 2 maybe 3 during cocktail hours in the SL/CL/DL. I don’t recall having more than one drink in SL two weeks ago on Harmony during the cocktail hours. We ate in the CK and I likely would have another while eating, maybe two. We would show up in the Suite Lounge around 6, have a drink, then go for our 630 Reservation in the CK.

I guess everyone cruises for different reasons. I personally don’t see us sitting in the DL or CL/SL long enough to drink 5 drinks or 10 as a couple during cocktail hours.

I certainly can see issues with crowding in DL if most stayed nearly the entire time of cocktail hours. Not saying that is what you do.

In one location? The DL?

My response was to his post that said they had 10 drinks in the DL nightly during cocktail hours.

I'm sure that to balance out those who park in the lounge there are plenty like me who don't step foot in the lounge during happy hour.

I wish I could figure out how to multi quote.

My comment was in regards to your post that seemed to indicate you and wife generally drank ten drinks a night in the DL. That just seemed like a lot in one location.

Certainly I will drink more than five drinks in a day as we have the Drink Package. I don’t normally have more than 2 maybe 3 during cocktail hours in the SL/CL/DL. I don’t recall having more than one drink in SL two weeks ago on Harmony during the cocktail hours. We ate in the CK and I likely would have another while eating, maybe two. We would show up in the Suite Lounge around 6, have a drink, then go for our 630 Reservation in the CK.

I guess everyone cruises for different reasons. I personally don’t see us sitting in the DL or CL/SL long enough to drink 5 drinks or 10 as a couple during cocktail hours.

I certainly can see issues with crowding in DL if most stayed nearly the entire time of cocktail hours. Not saying that is what you do.

We go into the DL for an hour and might pick up a couple of drinks on the way to MTD.

I usually spend $10 in tips and

the waiter's usually come around with the bottle topping up drinks in our glasses which still have champagne in but i still give them a dollar a time.

Reading these posts is helping me to understand why my wife and I are starting to think that after 25+ cruises we may want to try other land-based vacations instead. We ALWAYS tip our drink servers, waiters and helpers in the MDR and our cabin crew members and ALWAYS have. We are not rich but have always appreciated how hard these poorly paid crew from many foreign countries work to keep us happy on cruises. Rather than complain how tipping is not practiced in "your" country or that the cruise lines should pay these crewmembers better, think about their families back home who depend on them for their wages on these ships since they have so few opportunities in Indonesia, Phillipines, etc. etc. etc. [i collected signatures from crew from over 50 countries on our last RCI cruise].

Thanks to all who have explained why we see that the atmosphere and mystique of cruising has changed so much in our eyes.

Rather than complain how tipping is not practiced in "your" country or that the cruise lines should pay these crewmembers better....

Thanks to all who have explained why we see that the atmosphere and mystique of cruising has changed so much in our eyes.

Actually, I think most people not from the US celebrate (not complain) that tipping is not practiced in their countries to the same extent and celebrate that workers are paid appropriate wages instead of relying on tips.

These cruise lines operate around the world and they need to adapt to people from many different countries and cultures - not just one - if they want to be successful companies not catering just to one group of people. Tolerance and an understanding of different cultures is what is required. Most Aussies are happy that tips/service fees are already included in our fares as that is what is the norm here - when we are quoted a price, by law it is supposed to be the total price (including taxes and service fees).

(oh by the way, we tip extra for good service in cash)

I don't need my maths degree for that lol.

Why not complain about the tightwads none of the crew complain about my tips.

Yes. There are tightwads out there. It is complicated in the DL because the waiters/bartenders are not getting the normal 18% per drink that is built into the ala carte price or the Drink Package.

I am sure they appreciate your tipping.

On our recent Harmony cruise, after the first evening, when we walked into the SL in the evening, our typical drinks would be delivered to us almost before we could sit down.

Tipping is important.

Yes. There are tightwads out there. It is complicated in the DL because the waiters/bartenders are not getting the normal 18% per drink that is built into the ala carte price or the Drink Package.

On our recent Harmony cruise, after the first evening, when we walked into the SL in the evening, our typical drinks would be delivered to us almost before we could sit down.

Tipping is important.

We had the DP on our last cruise on Freedom in June as it was part of the UK offer.

We had a champagne in WJ at lunchtime which we never usually have and a few glasses of champagne in Giovanni's,chops and MTD and a couple only in the DL so very little difference between our normal.

Tipping is important.

I am forever sticking up for the American tipping values on P&O UK tipping threads which are predominantly anti tipping as we are always very good tippers and like yourself i find the crew reciprocate with us accordingly so it is a win win scenario.