Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

You tip for a cup of coffee you likely make for yourself? I don’t ever recall having a waiter bring us a cup of coffee. The boss, she might have a cup after dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I make my own coffee, cappuccino with a double espresso added.

Sometimes probably because i tip the servers per drink in the DL and on European cruises i never see or hear about anyone else doing that we often have 2 glasses each on the table when we are leaving which probably clarifies where my 10 one dollars are used up per night so we just carry those to the restaurant if the concierge is okay with it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I guess it depends on the ship. With so many choices on Mariner we move around quite a bit

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On Harmony we popped into the DL for a few snacks at opening hour for Half an hour and never went back in preferring to use iur vouchers at the Trellis bar on Central Park.

On other ships we never go in the DL before 7.15pm and leave at 8.30pm for dinner.

I tip per drink and the servers are over enthusiastic at times in supplying us champagne probably because in Europe we are one of the few who tip them per drink.

We usually go into the DL around 7.15-7.30 pm and leave at 8.30pm to go to MTD or speciality restaurant so 1 hour in a half full DL is hardly being an inconvenience.

At 61 i think i am old enough not to get permission to have a few drinks.

Kindest Regards.

Graham.

You don't need to justify the number or the type of drinks you and your wife enjoy in the DL to anyone! Enjoy.

Actually, I think most people not from the US celebrate (not complain) that tipping is not practiced in their countries to the same extent and celebrate that workers are paid appropriate wages instead of relying on tips.

These cruise lines operate around the world and they need to adapt to people from many different countries and cultures - not just one - if they want to be successful companies not catering just to one group of people. Tolerance and an understanding of different cultures is what is required. Most Aussies are happy that tips/service fees are already included in our fares as that is what is the norm here - when we are quoted a price, by law it is supposed to be the total price (including taxes and service fees).

(oh by the way, we tip extra for good service in cash)

The-Use-of-emoticons-in-business01.png

I wish I could figure out how to multi quote.

My comment was in regards to your post that seemed to indicate you and wife generally drank ten drinks a night in the DL. That just seemed like a lot in one location.

... snip....

I guess everyone cruises for different reasons. I personally don’t see us sitting in the DL or CL/SL long enough to drink 5 drinks or 10 as a couple during cocktail hours.

I wish I could figure out why you are concerned with what any fellow passenger may or may not be drinking and why you feel the need to assert your opinion and analysis on their vacation habits :confused:.

I wish I could figure out why you are concerned with what any fellow passenger may or may not be drinking and why you feel the need to assert your opinion and analysis on their vacation habits :confused:.

They are just trying to understand the math. The pp constantly says they don't drink much, tips $1 per drink and goes through $10 in tips during happy hour. That is definitely not my definition of light drinking. That same pp also makes broad statements about the habits of all their fellow passengers and their tipping habits, no different then the poster you are calling out.

Just how out of my posting did you get I was concerned. I could care less how many drinks someone has. Except in cases that it was an inclusive cruise (drinks included), it does seem odd that someone would sit in one place, the DL, for the length of time to consume 5/5 drinks.

So many other things to do on a cruise but we all know there are some who take a seat in the DL for the entire cocktail hours. Which is their thing, not mine, and nothing wrong with it.

But the story does change often...

Thank you,that person seems to take every opportunity to critisise and question everything i post which lead me to post #235.

Just how out of my posting did you get I was concerned. I could care less how many drinks someone has. Except in cases that it was an inclusive cruise (drinks included), it does seem odd that someone would sit in one place, the DL, for the length of time to consume 5/5 drinks.

So many other things to do on a cruise but we all know there are some who take a seat in the DL for the entire cocktail hours. Which is their thing, not mine, and nothing wrong with it.

But the story does change often...

Rory if you read my posts properly you will see we arrive at the DL around 7.15 pm and leave at 8.30pm for our prebooked dinners either in MTD or a speciality restaurant which is a maximum of 75 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes.

I explained in my post #235 why i relax and have a few drinks in the DL which given the circumstances even you surely wouldn't begrudge me a few drinks.

Regards.

Graham.

Rory if you read my posts properly you will see we arrive at the DL around 7.15 pm and leave at 8.30pm for our prebooked dinners either in MTD or a speciality restaurant which is a maximum of 75 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes.

I explained in my post #235 why i relax and have a few drinks in the DL which given the circumstances even you surely wouldn't begrudge me a few drinks.

Regards.

Graham.

My post #236

Regards.

Graham.

Graham

Read post #198. It seems to imply you have Ten drinks in DL a night. That’s why I asked.

It matters not if you have 1, 5, 10. Be my guest. I know some UK bookings include beverages.

I didn’t think you hung around much in the DL. It just seems a waste to hang in the DL for 3 1/2 hours but that is up to each individual.

They are just trying to understand the math. The pp constantly says they don't drink much, tips $1 per drink and goes through $10 in tips during happy hour. That is definitely not my definition of light drinking. That same pp also makes broad statements about the habits of all their fellow passengers and their tipping habits, no different then the poster you are calling out.

Noted.

Thanks for reliable ill-willed response, but some may see something of a difference in discussing widely known tipping habits of various counties/continents and 7 contentious posts from one individual regarding and questioning how many drinks one particular couple drinks in a lounge. ;)

Graham

Read post #198. It seems to imply you have Ten drinks in DL a night. That’s why I asked.

It matters not if you have 1, 5, 10. Be my guest. I know some UK bookings include beverages.

I didn’t think you hung around much in the DL. It just seems a waste to hang in the DL for 3 1/2 hours but that is up to each individual.

My post #198 says i leave around $10 but i always take 10 single dollars as well as a $10 note for speciality restaurant.

I usually give the 10 Single dollars away in the DL but if we leave earlier and get 3 or 4 drinks in another bar then take them to dinner those 3 or 4 drinks i would tip $3 or $4 dollars out of the 10 single dollars i had in my pocket.

I personally couldn't sit in any bar for more than one and a half hours and certainly not 3 and a half hours but i agree with you that there are plenty of people who do.

Graham, I love your pics of you and your lovely wife! I was wondering about the background in the first one in front of the window; is that a waterfall and is that your home? It looks like a wonderful place!

DH and I also enjoy meeting people (and the freebies) in the DL, tip $1 per drink, and sometimes have no problem dropping $10 in there. We tend to stay longer if we are having a good time, which we usually do! We are a friendly and social couple, who enjoy meeting others. Maybe Rory keeps more to himself?:rolleyes: My lemon drops and his Hennessy usually go down pretty easy!! Cheers to all!!:cool:

Noted.

Thanks for reliable ill-willed response, but some may see something of a difference in discussing widely known tipping habits of various counties/continents and 7 contentious posts from one individual regarding and questioning how many drinks one particular couple drinks in a lounge. ;)

Ill willed response? Don't hurt yourself jumping to conclusions.

Graham, I love your pics of you and your lovely wife! I was wondering about the background in the first one in front of the window; is that a waterfall and is that your home? It looks like a wonderful place!

DH and I also enjoy meeting people (and the freebies) in the DL, tip $1 per drink, and sometimes have no problem dropping $10 in there. We tend to stay longer if we are having a good time, which we usually do! We are a friendly and social couple, who enjoy meeting others. Maybe Rory keeps more to himself?:rolleyes: My lemon drops and his Hennessy usually go down pretty easy!! Cheers to all!!:cool:

Thank you so much for your kind words.

These are photos of our house where we have lived for 36 years.

The photo with my cc name was taken at a hotel where our good friend is general manager and the photo of us dressed up was at Buckingham Palace for Her Majesty's Royal Garden Party.IMG_20180427_191503.thumb.jpg.3d3070fc9d2284e79f333e41495e3731.jpg

IMG_20180427_193409.thumb.jpg.b0f9c00fc36e267e9cfc593d4d10d39c.jpg

IMG_20180427_192832.thumb.jpg.b6548991b799e347287fb8d783db99b9.jpg