Blue Jeans in Main Dining Room for dinner

This subject seems to change frequently.

Sailing Allure in June. Have four "young men" 7--17!

Are nice, no whole blue jeans allowed in the main Dining Room for dinner? I know shorts are not allowed.:confused:

We wore blue jeans to dinner almost every night on our 2 recent Majesty Cruises. DH wore polo/golf shirt and I wore smart causal top. Have NEVER seen posted dress code enforced on any of the Royal cruises we have sailed. We wore black slacks on formal night with dressier tops/shirts. Enjoy your cruise.

Dress code is the suggested dress for the evening and is rarely enforced. Jeans are not specifically mentioned.

One thing you might want to think about, especially if cruising in the Caribbean in summer, jeans can be very hot and also heavy to pack. They might be more comfortable in lighter weight pants. My family has never packed jeans for that reason; male or female.

Dress code is the suggested dress for the evening and is rarely enforced. Jeans are not specifically mentioned.

One thing you might want to think about, especially if cruising in the Caribbean in summer, jeans can be very hot and also heavy to pack. They might be more comfortable in lighter weight pants. My family has never packed jeans for that reason; male or female.

Agreed. The only cruise we’ve ever packed jeans for was Alaska.

Are nice, no whole blue jeans allowed in the main Dining Room for dinner? I know shorts are not allowed.:confused:

Attire is suggested. Jeans are fine for old men too. I know there has been discussion of higher standards, shorts were allowed on formal nights in March.

The dress code is such an ongoing subject. The cruise lines send out statements about "no jeans" in the main dining room at night, then they change it and it's OK, because people complain they do not look nice.

I admire the effort, but those of us packing are trying not to take what is not needed.

From what I have read, there are no washing machines on the ship.

Thank you to all for helping. So appreciated!

The jeans most people (especially young people) wear are not the heavy ones your assuming....Jeans are worn everywhere nowadays ;)

The jeans most people (especially young people) wear are not the heavy ones your assuming....Jeans are worn everywhere nowadays ;)

never heard of heavy jeans vs light jeans. Why anyone wants to wear on a Caribbean cruise is beyond me.

Whether one can or cannot....this is such a common question and yet, I cannot recall anyone, young or old (including my own adult children) EVER wearing jeans on a Caribbean cruise.

On the ship at night? Sure. I don't like sundresses at all or wear regular dresses as a rule, and I don't do non-denim shorts. Inside is air conditioned - ergo no problem with temperature.

Are nice, no whole blue jeans allowed in the main Dining Room for dinner? :confused:

Please wear whole blue jeans. Partial blue jeans may reveal more than the rest of the passengers want to see. :eek:

never heard of heavy jeans vs light jeans. Why anyone wants to wear on a Caribbean cruise is beyond me.

Come-On...I'm talking about heavy type Levi's not the designer type most young people wear now. And am certainly not talking about wearing them during the hot days in port....at night is a different situation entirely !

Whether one can or cannot....this is such a common question and yet, I cannot recall anyone, young or old (including my own adult children) EVER wearing jeans on a Caribbean cruise.

Well then you never cruised with my large extended family in the caribbean on our many cruises on Harmony, Liberty, Indy, Jewel or Adventure ;):D

dbfad9090a47c3a35a25c6f1e38c1f6d.jpg

Hubby wore jeans on formal night too [emoji5]

And he and my son also wore khaki “dress” shirts and polos most other nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the old days...The answer would of been no! Now days...I’ve seen camouflage shorts allowed on a formal night. RCCL is afraid to offend any of its customers...They don’t enforce any dress requirements!

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

I feel like I look most put together when I'm wearing a nice pair jeans with heels. And truth be told...I believe that good quality, well-fitting jeans looks far better than a lot of the dressier numbers I see come out on cruises.

Tell the boys to wear their jeans and hold their heads high. Ha!

Please make sure they are “nice” jeans. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off 9 day on Grandeur. I wore jeans except on formal nights, switched to black dress pants. Fair portion of people wore jeans. I think suggested attire was casual for at least 5 of the nights.