New Drinks Menu

Riocca

Well John, isn't that the Azamara difference? You just wouldn't get that on other cruise lines. It's what I mean by the stellar Azamara service onboard. If only it could be duplicated by shoreside management!

As to Viking Silver Spirits package I think it is excellent value to buy but ours was included in our booking anyway, as were the gratuitaries. I will never be in a cabin with anyone who doesn't drink alcohol....LOL....so the purchasing for both people doesn't bother me, but I appreciate it will be a problem if your partner is a non drinker. I know it won't be a problem for you either though! [emoji1]

When I referred to the better G&T's on Viking in my previous post it wasn't so much the gins but the tonic that went with them. Gins were Tanqueray, Hendricks, Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire and Gordon's from memory but the tonic was Schweppes and another one that I can't remember the name of but was perfectly fine by me. So much better than the abysmal Royal tonic on Azamara....but let's not go into the tonic debate again! I had to ask for the Hendricks but it was available.

What I found a big difference in was the quality and selection of the included wines at lunch and dinner and the better wines available on the Silver Spirits Package. We did a Chef's Table with paired wines and it was very noticeable there.

That weather in Monaco for the Grand Prix yesterday looked a bit iffy....I'm sure your tender boat ride was interesting to say the least! [emoji33]

Hope you and Carol continue to have a great cruise. Have a Dark and Stormy for me!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question on the tonic. On Viking you are welcome to bring aboard any beverage alcoholic or non that you wish. Can you do the same on Azamara? We will be sailing from our home port, NY, so it would be quite easy to bring my preferred Q Tonic. I think I’m fussier about the tonic, than the gin. [emoji16]

And a Dark & Stormy requires Goslings Black Seal rum and Barritts ginger beer. I may have to bring my own or wait until we get to Bermuda [emoji12]

While I’m looking forward to Azamara service, I do have to say that Viking will also provide that level of service - at least that has been our experience.

We are also looking forward to cruising with Azamara in August and we are sure that the experience on board will be as good as always. Until then, I assume there will be more transparency in relation to the included beverages with proper lists to choose from, without having to negotiate with the bartender about the drinks.

Ivi

Question on the tonic. On Viking you are welcome to bring aboard any beverage alcoholic or non that you wish. Can you do the same on Azamara? We will be sailing from our home port, NY, so it would be quite easy to bring my preferred Q Tonic. I think I’m fussier about the tonic, than the gin. [emoji16]

And a Dark & Stormy requires Goslings Black Seal rum and Barritts ginger beer. I may have to bring my own or wait until we get to Bermuda [emoji12]

While I’m looking forward to Azamara service, I do have to say that Viking will also provide that level of service - at least that has been our experience.

You can bring anything on to Azamara you want

Hence my earlier comment on potentially being in Greenwich Asda until John confirmed Becks was available despite Bonnies post.

I might bring a contingency pack just in case though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am positive that Azamara have listened and responded on the tonic debate, this cruise the only tonic has been Schweppes. When we boarded there was a mixture of other mixers but gradually it’s becoming Coca Cola brands only so ginger ale, soda water and tonic are all Schweppes. The ginger beer is Kirks not one I’ve heard of but again it’s a Coca Cola brand, to my taste it’s an improvement on Goslings as it’s less sweet.

As regards the Dark and Stormy, Goslings Black Seal is on the list but I’m not unhappy that they have chosen to use Kraken as I prefer it. There’s also a Bacardi Black that’s very good, not tried the Aviation gin as it sounds like some kind of fuel but will try to give it a go before we disembark.

I have enjoyed only one Viking cruise ( but hope to do more) and agree that their customer service is also exemplary.

As an Azamara newbie I am sure some of the current threads are making you a little anxious but I'm sure you will enjoy the on board experience.

I will be on Quest shortly and am expecting the relaxed, friendly, faultless cruise that I have enjoyed countless times before. Will report back.

Well John, isn't that the Azamara difference? You just wouldn't get that on other cruise lines. It's what I mean by the stellar Azamara service onboard. If only it could be duplicated by shoreside management!

As to Viking Silver Spirits package I think it is excellent value to buy but ours was included in our booking anyway, as were the gratuitaries. I will never be in a cabin with anyone who doesn't drink alcohol....LOL....so the purchasing for both people doesn't bother me, but I appreciate it will be a problem if your partner is a non drinker. I know it won't be a problem for you either though! [emoji1]

When I referred to the better G&T's on Viking in my previous post it wasn't so much the gins but the tonic that went with them. Gins were Tanqueray, Hendricks, Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire and Gordon's from memory but the tonic was Schweppes and another one that I can't remember the name of but was perfectly fine by me. So much better than the abysmal Royal tonic on Azamara....but let's not go into the tonic debate again! I had to ask for the Hendricks but it was available.

What I found a big difference in was the quality and selection of the included wines at lunch and dinner and the better wines available on the Silver Spirits Package. We did a Chef's Table with paired wines and it was very noticeable there.

That weather in Monaco for the Grand Prix yesterday looked a bit iffy....I'm sure your tender boat ride was interesting to say the least! [emoji33]

Hope you and Carol continue to have a great cruise. Have a Dark and Stormy for me!

Thanks Lottie, yes tendering yesterday wasn’t much fun, if it hadn’t of been the Monaco GP I think that we wouldn’t have been tendered at all. As it was they had to suspend the tendering at one time after one of our tenders was damaged. On top of that with so many ships in Journey & Quest had to share a single tender dock but it was a great experience at the Grand Prix.

As to the wines the ones from the package we’ve had so far have been very good and an improvement over the previous ones.

I am positive that Azamara have listened and responded on the tonic debate, this cruise the only tonic has been Schweppes. When we boarded there was a mixture of other mixers but gradually it’s becoming Coca Cola brands only so ginger ale, soda water and tonic are all Schweppes. The ginger beer is Kirks not one I’ve heard of but again it’s a Coca Cola brand, to my taste it’s an improvement on Goslings as it’s less sweet.

As regards the Dark and Stormy, Goslings Black Seal is on the list but I’m not unhappy that they have chosen to use Kraken as I prefer it. There’s also a Bacardi Black that’s very good, not tried the Aviation gin as it sounds like some kind of fuel but will try to give it a go before we disembark.

Has has been said before I believe that it depends on the location were the ship last took on supplies.

If it is loaded in Miami it will probably still be the horrible tonic.

Has has been said before I believe that it depends on the location were the ship last took on supplies.

If it is loaded in Miami it will probably still be the horrible tonic.

We have been told that Royal Club is no more, time will tell but I have no reason to doubt it.

Forgot to say but we’ve had a little gin tasting session and our opinion is, Plymouth is good very much like Hendricks however Aviation could well be aviation fuel don’t think it’s going to stay around for long[emoji37]

I think the ship staff are listening to what customers what and working very hard to convince Miami what should be happening.

That should read “what customers want”

We boarded Quest at 2 pm today in a very cloudy Nice. After lunch in the Windows cafe we had a drink on the pool deck. The new bar menu as previously posted was on the deck tables. I ordered a complimentary white rum ( mount gay silver ) and Diet Coke and my wife had the Pina Colada. The waiter tried to upsell my rum to an exclusive rum but I politely declined. I asked about getting a Vodka Martini but the waiter said that was not on the complimentary menu. A couple of ladies from my part of England were by chance sat on the next table. They had been down to Guest Relations and asked about the complimentary drinks and were given a print out that mirrored the internet. I suggest anyone that wants one of the now “deleted” drinks carries around a print out from guest relations as it appears that the waiters do not know that some items are available as no extra charge.

For anyone cruising soon — if you can confirm what wines by the glass are currently included in the Ultimate package onboard that would be much appreciated. The list recently posted and the one on the website is different...and both seem like a very limited selection for an Ultimate package (and they could have included a Port for 21.95 pp per day!). Viking’s Silver Spirit package seemed to be more extensive. Lottie A—we were on Viking over the holidays and found it to be a very worthy competitor to AZ.

Cannot upload photos using the ships internet but the ultimate package at $21.95 pp per day has the following red wines typed exactly as printed:

Reds

PenleyEstates Phoenix,

Cabernet Sauvignon,

Coonawarra Australia,

Matanaz Creek winery,

Merlot, Sonoma County,

California

Sokol Blosser, Delineate 300

Pinot Noir , Willamette

valley Oregon

Callie Alta, Malbec, San Juan

Poggio Tempesta, Chianti

We boarded Quest at 2 pm today in a very cloudy Nice. After lunch in the Windows cafe we had a drink on the pool deck. The new bar menu as previously posted was on the deck tables. I ordered a complimentary white rum ( mount gay silver ) and Diet Coke and my wife had the Pina Colada. The waiter tried to upsell my rum to an exclusive rum but I politely declined. I asked about getting a Vodka Martini but the waiter said that was not on the complimentary menu. A couple of ladies from my part of England were by chance sat on the next table. They had been down to Guest Relations and asked about the complimentary drinks and were given a print out that mirrored the internet. I suggest anyone that wants one of the now “deleted” drinks carries around a print out from guest relations as it appears that the waiters do not know that some items are available as no extra charge.

Thanks for your report. This is exactly what I feared. You will see though a later post, some of us might be too late printing off the internet as it has been changed to the very reduced list. Enjoy your cruise!

Certainly looks like the cocktails that can be made with included drinks are likely only to be those already on the list, as many others use items like triple sec, liqueurs etc that are no longer on the list. Clearly there have been changes despite Bonnie saying that the only change to the included list is the addition of Newcastle Draught instead of Becks!

Thanks for your report. This is exactly what I feared. You will see though a later post, some of us might be too late printing off the internet as it has been changed to the very reduced list. Enjoy your cruise!

Very disappointing. Martinis are one of our drinks of choice and really don’t want to have to upgrade for the price of a splash of vermouth!

Viking’s Silver Spirit package is much better, costs less, and includes many very nice red wines. We’ve sailed with it and without, both ways worked well for us. The bigger issue is the manner that this was done by Azamara - it’s not a reputable way to do business.

I have been in touch with my travel agent since the first day of this thread. He has been telling me much the same info as the first 9/10 of this thread as has been relayed to him by the Azamara offices (it’s not really changed or tell them how to make your drink or show them their website). In short, they have also been misleading the travel agents that represent them too.

I don’t know why would anyone choose to do business with someone who treats them this way again.

Very disappointing. Martinis are one of our drinks of choice and really don’t want to have to upgrade for the price of a splash of vermouth!

From my point of view "very disappointing" is an understatement!

I was beginning to think I had over-reacted to the new list but perhaps not.

I was just about to book for later this year on the understanding that nothing had really changed but now I'm not so sure.

(Bonnie - do you have any updates? Many thanks in advance)